Bay Park

2621 Appian Way, Pinole, CA, 94564

Reviews of Bay Park

December 30, 2015

By Chris118423750

My dad liked Bay Park the best and he moved in there about 6 weeks ago. My brother is just a few minutes away so he sees him 5 times a week. They were welcoming. My dad immediately headed off with the sales director of the place. I think they treat him very well and he’s never complained about that. They seemed to be fond of him and were fairly attentive. He felt very relaxed there and without us prompting, he said he thought he’d like to stay there so that was good. It’s a little homier, a little more lived in. He has a studio which is small. There’s no stove but there are kitchen cabinets, a sink, and a counter so he could have his meals in his room, a nice big bathroom, and a little balcony. It’s comfortable and clean and the cafeteria is nice and big. He said the food is not great but pretty good and more than adequate. He sometimes forgets to go down to his meals and the ambassador there offers to bring his meals to him. She doesn’t have to do that but she does it. There’s a big library which he really likes because he can walk down the hall and just grab books and bring back to his room. They have a piano in the community area, too.

December 21, 2015

By Walter25

Bay Park is an independent living place but just about everybody there has a walker. I’m interested in taking walks. The staff was very nice and helpful. The apartment was a two-bedroom, quite pleasant, roomy, and on the bottom floor, which I liked a bit. The food was adequately good. They did have activities, but none that I would be interested in. There was a movie going on when I was there, and they had bingo.

December 15, 2015

By Kristine13

My relative chose Bay Park for location and proximity to other relatives. It was very nice and had a good feel to it, but they didn’t have flexible meal times. The staff was very friendly and professional. The apartments were nice. They had trips, exercise, and did crafts.

October 28, 2015

My sister thought it was too far out to live at Bay Park, but everything about it was very nice -- the people, the apartment, the food. The facility was beautiful. I was kind of disappointed that she didn't want to live there, but it was too far away.

August 06, 2015

By Aillen

They all were very nice. The rooms were nice. The ones we visited were furnished, but if you move in, you had to have your own furniture. The staff offered us coffee, and when we left, she gave us a cookie. The dining area was like a restaurant. They had just about everything, and the environment was very clean. I would recommend Bay Park, but for my personal use, there were a few things that I wanted that they didn't have.

June 29, 2015

By Lawrence15

Bay Park was expensive. There was going to be a $4000 community fee to move into it in addition to your regular rent. It was a nice looking place, a little bit bigger, and had a few more residents. It's not too far from the bay, so it's pretty cool, and I like that. It was clean. The management staff was friendly. It's in the Bay area, but it's not right in the heavily populated area, a little bit out in the country, in a smaller town. The grounds were really pretty, with a lot of flowers and greenery. It's set up on a hill with beautiful views, and you could see the water. I really like the location because you're right outside of San Francisco, but it was an easy drive to get there, and it's even a closer drive to get in to Oakland.

December 28, 2014

I've been to Bay Park several times, and I like the apartments, but they don't have a flexible food plan. If I'm going to pay for three meals a day, I don't want to lose that money because I'm not there at the right time or I'm just out, and I'm mostly out during the day. I don't want to pay for food that I'm not going to eat.

July 20, 2014

By Sandy35

Bay Park didn't seem quite coordinated as far as the visit is concerned, but they were very kind and very nice. The rooms were adequate and nice. Every place was clean. I liked it.

June 27, 2014

My mom is in Bay Park. It is fine. The rooms are in excellent shape. They are updated and clean. The working staff is good. They are friendly, good, and caring. I have nothing bad to say about them. The managers are good. They will go above and beyond to help you out. If you ask for something, they will take care of it. They keep their facilities nice and clean. The grounds are fine, and they keep it updated. However, their meals are not conducive to vegetarians.

November 22, 2013

By Liz18

We liked the Bay Park even though the location is not good for us. It’s a little too far. The people are great and the apartments are nice. The rooms were spacious. They could do with a little more decorating though but It feels down home and my mother actually likes it. The food was good.

October 13, 2013

By Caring71940950

I really liked Bay Park. It's only about 12 or 15 minutes from Albany where my son and his family are. I have two vehicles and I would have room for parking. I had lunch there and I liked most of the food that I had. I also liked all the people in the office. Both the clients and the people working there were all wonderful and very helpful. They had entertainment and they had trips. I am a quilter and I'd like to be able to continue my quilting. They had a quilting group but it sounded very basic although I would not mind spending time with the group at all.

October 05, 2013

By Rosalie3

I am at Bay Park now and I really like the apartment. It is just in the right size. The overall maintenance of the place is excellent. The food is pretty good. The staff has been nice and helpful. They are available almost twenty-four hours a day.

September 10, 2013

By Sylvia10

Bay Park is very nice and clean. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They've invited me to lunch. I thought the food was good, except that I'm organic. I think it would be difficult to find a place that's organic. I also went on a seminar there about how to downsize and prepare to move because that's my situation now. I've been in my house since the early 70's. They also keep in touch to see how I'm progressing. I think the place is a lot more calmer like more of a suburban living. It's not really right close in town, but it's near a very big shopping center. They have transportation and they take you to shopping center and restaurants. It's very close to the highway, too. The only thing I could suggest is that they have more organic offerings, because there are so many chemicals in the food now.

August 24, 2013

By Bollweivil

We made an appointment and we were 15 minutes early. Our sales rep was 15 minutes late. A slight medicinal smell in lobby. A large noisy dining room. Quilting only art activity , but some artists in residence and classes are available on occasion. Plus is availability of travel to other residences in chain (some 300 across North America).

June 13, 2012

By auntsally

I visited my great aunt at "the pink palace" (our family's nickname for the facility) roughly 4 times a year. She lived in her own independent unit, and the entire facility was structured a little bit like a hotel: long hallway corridors with front doors to independent residences all along, linked by a common dining- and activity-area in the center. The people both she and we met there were all characters (though they also made me fear entering my retirement years... because a number of them were verging on mentally ill). I loved that so many of them had personalities that had clearly propelled them through their many years, but it was sad to hear their tales of loss -- whether it be children who died prematurely, spouses who passed or left them, or families who never came to visit. The staff at the facility were generally skilled, though there were enough high-school aged people working there that it made me wonder how much turnover in the staff there really is. (Especially when you're dealing with people who are verging on dementia / alzheimer's, it's critical to have a regular cast of characters). The facilities were never called into question; my great aunt had a few occasional issues (e.g., clogged sink, dirty windows on the exterior of the building) that were always promptly dealt with. The food at the facility was decent -- though, as a 20-something, I was always surprised at how early meals were served. Guess that's just how retired people operate.

Photos of Bay Park

Features of Bay Park

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Bay Park

Bay Park is located in Pinole, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Bay Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Bay Park