Independence Village of Peoria

1201 W. Northmoor, Peoria, IL, 61614

Reviews of Independence Village of Peoria

May 13, 2015

Independence Village of Peoria was recommended to us, so we visited the place. It was very warm and comfortable. The staff who accommodated us was very good and knowledgeable. She was able to answer all our questions. Their rooms were adequate. They have different activities that take place on a routine basis. They have a calendar of events. What I most like about this facility is that the people seemed friendly.

February 01, 2015

By D. L. G

My father has been at Independence Village for about 3 years. I looked around at about 10 different places and I found I. V. to be the best place for him. The Sales and Marketing Director at the time, was very instrumental in my decision to place my father at I. V. The various services they provide are excellent. Also, Home Bound Health Care has a services there you can use to help your family members. The dining room serves great food, very friendly and courteous staff that are willing to help out. I would highly recommend placing your family members at I. V.

January 23, 2015

By ljohnson

My dad moved to Independence Village a little over a year ago. He really likes it. I think the staff is superb and very caring. The staff knows everyone by name. My dad didnt want to move from his home but I feel so much better knowing that he is in a safe and caring environment. He has assistance with medication and bathing as well as physical therapy there. We toured 11 places before we chose Independence. I am confident we chose the right place!!

January 15, 2015

By Lkblackburn

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE INDEPENDENCE VILLAGE. My mother has been a resident at Independence Village for 4 years. It was hard for her to move from her home of 53 years but has never had even one regret once she got there. The staff is fantastic, the food is great, but most importantly I saw my mother bounce back due the social life there. She was living alone for 8 years after my dad passed and Independence Village revived her spirit. Thank you so much for all you guys do!

October 19, 2014

Independence Village was very nice. It looked like a hotel. It was alright, but comparison with other facility suffers. It seemed to me the staff changes hands too much. The director doesn't stay there very long. The residents didn't seem to look as happy as the people from the other facility.

August 23, 2013

By disappointe

Very disappointed in our experience with Independence Village. My dad will be moving out shortly.

July 13, 2012

By XResident

We were very disappointed with our experience at Independence Village. We were very happy until they got a new director and the whole place went to pot. The new manager is non responsive and ignores valid requests and complaints. She is in over her head trying to direct a facility of this nature but she doesn't even realize it.

January 13, 2010

By M.R.G.

My loved one used this service

Peoria really needs more options for senior living. Independence Village could be good if they would provide the services they charge for. The food service, maid service, and maintenance team are all significantly failing in their jobs for the price the residents are paying. In general, they do not deliver on what they offer in their contract.

Photos of Independence Village of Peoria

Features of Independence Village of Peoria

About Independence Village of Peoria

Discover a community that strikes a balance between independence and comfortable living at Independence Village of Peoria. Home to spacious apartments, our community supports Independent Living. Whether taking part in social activities such as happy hours, card games and bingo or exploring the area via scheduled courtesy transportation, our residents have endless options for relaxation, leisure and enjoyment. Depending on the level of care needed, we offer onsite health agency checks as well as housekeeping services. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Meet new friends, enjoy the freedom of living in comfortable apartments and experience one of the best Independent Living communities in Peoria, Illinois.

Map of Independence Village of Peoria