Independence Village of Peoria

1201 W. Northmoor, Peoria, IL, 61614

Reviews of Independence Village of Peoria

SLElsey November 30, 2015

We chose Independence Village because it was nice, it was in a good area that we knew and felt comfortable about, it's convenient to a lot of things, my mother knew the area fairly well because she lived in the area at one time, and the price was pretty good. Her accommodation was a studio with plenty of room, and it was nice. She was happy enough with it, never complained about it, and she said that she always got more than enough to eat. She really liked it; she really liked the people and everything. I know she talked about how they had a fashion show at one time, they had movies that they would go watch on special nights, and they had a library that she liked because she could go in there and read the paper every day. They had people come in and do music, and she really liked that.

Matt9 November 25, 2015

The executive director at Independence Village was very nice. She took us around and she knew everybody’s name. Everybody seemed to be having a good time and the people were very nice. The place, rooms and dining room are clean and orderly. It just looked like a warm, nice place to be.

Caring105796550 May 13, 2015

Independence Village of Peoria was recommended to us, so we visited the place. It was very warm and comfortable. The staff who accommodated us was very good and knowledgeable. She was able to answer all our questions. Their rooms were adequate. They have different activities that take place on a routine basis. They have a calendar of events. What I most like about this facility is that the people seemed friendly.

D. L. G February 01, 2015

My father has been at Independence Village for about 3 years. I looked around at about 10 different places and I found I. V. to be the best place for him. The Sales and Marketing Director at the time, was very instrumental in my decision to place my father at I. V. The various services they provide are excellent. Also, Home Bound Health Care has a services there you can use to help your family members. The dining room serves great food, very friendly and courteous staff that are willing to help out. I would highly recommend placing your family members at I. V.

ljohnson January 23, 2015

My dad moved to Independence Village a little over a year ago. He really likes it. I think the staff is superb and very caring. The staff knows everyone by name. My dad didnt want to move from his home but I feel so much better knowing that he is in a safe and caring environment. He has assistance with medication and bathing as well as physical therapy there. We toured 11 places before we chose Independence. I am confident we chose the right place!!

Lkblackburn January 15, 2015

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE INDEPENDENCE VILLAGE. My mother has been a resident at Independence Village for 4 years. It was hard for her to move from her home of 53 years but has never had even one regret once she got there. The staff is fantastic, the food is great, but most importantly I saw my mother bounce back due the social life there. She was living alone for 8 years after my dad passed and Independence Village revived her spirit. Thank you so much for all you guys do!

Caring95927350 October 19, 2014

Independence Village was very nice. It looked like a hotel. It was alright, but comparison with other facility suffers. It seemed to me the staff changes hands too much. The director doesn't stay there very long. The residents didn't seem to look as happy as the people from the other facility.

disappointe August 23, 2013

Very disappointed in our experience with Independence Village. My dad will be moving out shortly.

XResident July 13, 2012

We were very disappointed with our experience at Independence Village. We were very happy until they got a new director and the whole place went to pot. The new manager is non responsive and ignores valid requests and complaints. She is in over her head trying to direct a facility of this nature but she doesn't even realize it.

M.R.G. January 13, 2010

My loved one used this service

Peoria really needs more options for senior living. Independence Village could be good if they would provide the services they charge for. The food service, maid service, and maintenance team are all significantly failing in their jobs for the price the residents are paying. In general, they do not deliver on what they offer in their contract.

From Independence Village of Peoria

Discover a community that strikes a balance between independence and comfortable living at Independence Village of Peoria. Home to spacious apartments, our community supports Independent Living. Whether taking part in social activities such as happy hours, card games and bingo or exploring the area via scheduled courtesy transportation, our residents have endless options for relaxation, leisure and enjoyment. Depending on the level of care needed, we offer onsite health agency checks as well as housekeeping services. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Meet new friends, enjoy the freedom of living in comfortable apartments and experience one of the best Independent Living communities in Peoria, Illinois.

Features of Independence Village of Peoria