Basecost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Blair House

Live-In Managers at Holiday Retirement

Blair House is located in Normal, IL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to Blair House for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of Blair House

Posted by Anonymous109924350 July 31, 2015
4.0

Blair House was very nice. It was more limited compared to the other facility I went to, and I know that they do address only a certain range of care, so that was not helpful for us, but it was still a nice facility for those that would be within that care range. It had a friendly atmosphere, and it was clean. It seemed like a happy place. The rooms I saw were adequate.

Posted by Wendy34 June 28, 2015

Blair House is perfect for my mother. The people are friendly, and the apartment is just the right size for her. It was affordable, and they had an apartment on the ground level floor with an outside entrance, so she has her own little patio and a little more privacy and independence. They do offer some entertainment like musical entertainment, she will go down to the lobby to listen to that, and that is about all she really does. The food is good.

Posted by Linda104400650 March 31, 2015
2.0

I have seen Blair House. It is the same as the other facility in that there was no one my age. It was older and mature in form. The staff is very nice to me. The dining area is fine. I saw the menu, and it looked like the food had a good variety, but we weren't offered a meal.

Posted by Terry44 February 10, 2015

The personnel in Blair House were very forthcoming and very friendly. They were willing to show the facility. The dining area was really nice. They have a nice series of transportation. I would say they have a very high level of sanitation. The rooms are spacious, and it has a bathroom, patio, and kitchenette. It is very convenient to a lot of shopping and a lot of things.

Posted by Paul19 September 23, 2013

We toured Blair House and had lunch there. The location was convenient for us. It looked good and we liked it. Mom was very comfortable with it and she was so excited in going there. From what I had seen and had talked with my friend and families who had relatives there and had used the facility, it was supposed to be the best and nicest place in town. Also, Chad, the manager of the facility was working with me and he has a great staff. They seemed to be really sincere in getting my mom and aunt be settled in there. Those were the reasons why we chose it.

Posted by nan C March 31, 2012
4.0

PRO: The food serve is wonderful, the cook and servers are very friendly. You can take your pets. Trash is very close to rooms for collection Laundry is in good location on each floor. Con: We saw several empty rooms, where people moved out. Having housekeeping weekly they were dirty dirty dirty. I am not a clean freak, never would have shown such filth. Holes in wall from Rug installers, that was before last person moved in. There community room for dancing,etc was glooming and on dark side. The chapel room more of the same. THE ANSWER NEXT YEAR OWNERS are going to paint and up grade. NEXT YEAR!!!!!ONE LAST CON PRICE is $5,300 for 2 people. That is too high for us.

Posted by LT Jackson November 16, 2011

My father has been living at the Blair House for a little over a year. He has adjusted very well. He has a group of buddies that he plays cards with. He is also a veteran and is receiving money from the VA to help pay for his rent. They have someone there that helped him through the process. Warning: It takes the VA quite a while to send the first check. It took us 5 months. Well worth the wait though. I'd recommend Blair House to anyone looking for a retirement community.

Location of Blair House

Features of Blair House

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.