Vista del Rio

13619 N 94th Dr, Peoria, AZ, 85381

Reviews of Vista del Rio

Bob722032 August 16, 2016

I was able to visit Vista del Rio and saw that everything was fine. I was able to eat there, and the food was good. The people were really nice.

SusanRRXYY May 11, 2016

Vista del Rio seemed like it was really clean, well maintained, had a helpful staff, had more than adequate rooms, and priced well. My mother needed a higher level of care because it's fairly independent living, and they were going to try to accommodate her. Everything was great, though. It was just a good experience overall. They offered several options for places to stay even though they didn't have a lot of openings. They invited us to eat there to try the food, and we thought that was really cool because if you're ashamed of your food, you're not going to ask people to eat there.

BarbOBBIE May 11, 2016

Vista Del Rio is probably the best place I saw, and if I had the money, I would have moved in the day I saw it. It was new, and the staff was lovely. I liked everything about the facility and the fact that you don’t need to go outside the building to do an activity. It was bright and cheerful. The dining room was exquisite, and the food was out of this world. We enjoyed every minute that we were there. The people seemed comfortable. It was three stories, and I only saw one elevator.

Kathy121575750 March 28, 2016

Our brother is in Vista Del Rio. He is happy there and receiving good care. It is very reasonable. He is in the independent living, but they have an assisted living option if he needs it, a la carte. The place is very cheerful, nicely appointed, and very congenial. The staff is very friendly and caring. He is very happy with the food and enjoys socializing.

Mary Pickford March 27, 2016

I looked at a number of properties, and I was not impressed nor did anything feel right. I wanted to feel comfy when I walked in and have the feeling that it was home and I belonged. When I walked into Vista Del Rio and saw the beautiful dining area on the left with 30 tables, the big balcony, the Gone With the Wind staircase, the lovely area with the furniture arranged for visiting, I just got a warm, happy feeling. Everything about this place delights me. I have a little studio apartment with a lovely view of green grass and beautiful light, so everything is perfect. It’s everything I wanted it to be. The management and staff are just wonderful. It never occurred to me to try the food before moving in, though. It did not occur to me that it would not be palatable; the chef seems to have a love affair with peppers. My 82-year-old tummy is not happy with cauliflower and bell peppers in it. The other day they had some kind of tortilla folded over with melted cheese in it, which would have been good if it had been properly prepared, but the one I got had about one-fourth of a teaspoon of melted cheese in each little slice and a heaping tablespoon of green peppers. Well, my tummy can’t handle that, and I was very hungry. I noticed that the other ladies, after dinner was served, got up and walked out of the dining room, so I think it bothered them, too. I’ve talked to a couple of other people and they’re unhappy with it, too. But, then I talked to another lady and she said that she’s not enjoying the food, but she’s eating and her stomach can handle it, so it’s OK. I guess it boils down to those of us who have delicate stomachs and can’t handle hot spicy food, and those who enjoy it. The thing that impressed me was the lovely managers and the sales representatives. They were as sweet and kind as they can be and still are. It’s just a job and they’re doing what they’re told to keep their job. I think the chef is, too. For the care of the people and the attitude of the managers, the caretakers, and the people that clean, they’re the best.

Happy daughter18 March 27, 2016

Vista del Rio was nice but too pricey for mother. Everything was fine and clean, but the room was too small. They were having an auction, so there were a lot of people around.

Judi14 March 16, 2016

Vista del Rio is a family environment where everyone is just so kind and seems to care. The entire facility is clean. They have their own chef who provides three wonderful meals every day. They have housekeeping come once a week. There are a lot of mental and physical activities to keep my brother busy. He enjoys the good food and is keeping his room clean. All of his needs are being met.

Joe120953850 February 29, 2016

Vista del Rio was a really nice place. The rooms are great. The staff was good. They answered a lot of our questions. The even called back and made follow-ups. We had a nice snack there with them. It was just all around good. The residents were very happy. The facility was just amazing. I would be happy if I could get her up there. They had a long list of activities. They had bean bag toss. They had a little snack area which was really cute.

Robert104403150 February 22, 2016

I’m living right now in Vista del Rio. I have a studio, and I like it. The staff has a great attitude. The place is clean, well maintained, and well taken care of. They have good food, too.

Terrie5 January 27, 2016

Vista del Rio seemed smaller than the other property that we saw. It was clean, and the staff was very friendly. They have a lot of activities posted about what they did and everything. Actually, I did like that place. I just liked the staff a little more at the other place.

Happy Visitor1 December 11, 2015

We went to Vista del Rio. It was very nice. I was impressed by the people there. Some were gathered doing crafts and different things, so it seemed like everybody was getting along very well and were very happy. The apartments were nice; they were not very large but were very clean and nice.

Anonymous116191050 November 25, 2015

I moved into Vista del Rio and did not like it. I was misled that they have a bus here to transport to doctors or stores; I use a power wheelchair, and they did not make it clear that my chair could not go on the bus. The staff was fantastic, the maintenance man was superb, and the cleaning staff did what they were supposed to do.

Pam S.1 November 21, 2015

Vista del Rio is the one that my parents like the best. The people were very nice, the facility was very clean, and there were lots of activities. Pricing was very good, too.

Brian30 November 08, 2015

Economics played a factor why we chose Vista Del Rio -- proximity to my house, and they serve three meals a day. The rooms are very clean and appropriate for what we need. As far as the staff, they were very cooperative and helpful.

Sue113641850 September 30, 2015

We toured Vista del Rio. It was an excellent experience from every step of the way. It was like being on a cruise ship. It had a homey feel to it. I thought the one-bedrooms were ample in size. We also looked at two different-sized studios, and I think both of them would have been fine.

Anonymous112029750 August 21, 2015

It was really friendly. It seemed that most of the people we talked to have been assigning themselves the position of greeter, so a lot of people just came over and started talking to us, and it was different. They had different sized apartments, and I liked the people who were administrating it. They were just on top of it, every part of it. Vista del Rio was very nice.

Randy19 July 06, 2015

We decide on Vista del Rio Peoria mostly because of the price. It is the cheapest one that we find that is actually fairly nice. Another thing that probably helps us decide on that one is the ability for my mom to travel to another place because they have communities all over the United States. All she has to do is make a reservation, and she can stay there for a week without extra costs. I will recommend them because they seem to have lots of activities, and that's kind of what she needs. She needs something to keep her busy. They provide good meals and nice apartments.

BH2 June 30, 2015

My mother has been in Vista del Rio for five weeks now. They provide excellent meals. My husband and I actually eat there couple of times a week with my mom. The rooms are fairly large, and they have things going on every day. They have buses that take them places four or five days a week. The buses don't run on Friday and Saturday, but on Sunday, people go to various churches. Monday and Wednesday, they do grocery shopping. They go to restaurants once a week. They go to movies occasionally. Tuesday and Thursday are reserved for doctor's visit.

It is a very clean facility. Her room is cleaned once a week, and if she needs, her laundry can be done as well, but I do her laundry. She is in the independent, but if she needs help, they can provide it for her.

John107751850 May 24, 2015

I had a good experience at Vista del Rio. Everything was fine. The overall atmosphere was good.

Vi1 May 16, 2015

Vista del Rio is an independent living place that is with the Holiday properties. I like this place very much. They were very attentive, and the people seemed quite happy. They provided us snacks before our appointment. My daughter did sit down and play the piano for them, and they were quite happy about that. They seem to be very nice. The problem I have is trying to find an inexpensive one. They invited us to stay for dinner, and it was quite nice. At the time that my daughter and I were over there, they had a schedule of activities up on the bulletin board, and they seem to be quite active. They have cards, and they have entertainment. I don't have anything bad to say about them because they are all very nice.

Carollee1 May 13, 2015

Vista del Rio is a nice place, and it is the place we like. It is an older building, and it looked like they were remodeling it. They are in the process of doing some work on it. I think when they get the remodeling done it would be a beautiful place. We might go put our names in there later on if we decide we want to go some place.

Caring106245750 April 28, 2015

Vista del Rio was very nice. It was a newer community so everything was more modern and updated. It was clean, and it's a huge campus, so it is nice. The staff was really nice, and they have very nice rooms. What she could afford would just be a bedroom, and she couldn't cook, but they had three meals a day and a really nice setup.

Anonymous105813850 April 22, 2015

The rooms were nice at Vista Del Rio. The whole place was very nice, but it was a little dark inside. The food was good. They had a balcony on the second floor. I went there twice. The first time I went, I saw a studio apartment. The second time I went, I saw a one-bedroom apartment. I liked them. They were a little on the small side, but they are still roomy enough for one person. The staff was great. They were very great and friendly. I even played the piano there for them, and they asked me to come back and do it again.

Caring103519450 December 28, 2014

I chose Vista Del Rio because it was the closest one, and the staff was really caring; they made sure that we’re OK, and they helped us understand exactly what occurred. It had a homey feeling because they were really close to the patients, they would play games, and they made sure that they were happy. They would have beach potlucks and bingo, and we would have music to dance. The place is really clean.

Tami3 June 18, 2014

Everything looks newer at Vista del Rio. Everything looks updated. They have a big, nice, manicured lawn on the front, and on the inside it looks like a cruise ship. They have a staircase and a chandelier in the middle. The ceilings are high, and they have little windows up on top. We did like the rooms; they are really nice. They also look a little newer. They have more variety of sizes than what other facilities have to offer. The food is great, too. However, the one thing that my mom doesn't like about Vista del Rio, is that they don't offer a lot of volunteer work. To her that's kind of vital, because she doesn't want to go to a retirement place where she feels like she is on vacation for the rest of her life.

caring86076950 May 28, 2014

I did see Vista del Rio, but it added onto the cost for all the amenities. They didn’t have washers and dryers in the rooms, but it was a large apartment and all-around beautiful facility.

Caring84701150 May 20, 2014

Vista Del Rio's staff was very good, and they're very knowledgeable. They showed me all around. The rooms were nice, but it really wasn't what I wanted. They have swimming, exercises, cards, crafts, and they make cookies or cakes. I liked the fact that the residents and staff were friendly. And the food is good.

Ray12 March 27, 2014

I liked Vista del Rio too. Everything was very clean and well-kept. It was very well-run. The rooms were nice. The staff was good. What really stood out to me were the services. They had transportations that would take them to doctors or to run errands. They had group outings to different places, and they had activities. The only problem I had was that it was in the wrong part of town for me. All the doctors and stuff were in the north part of town.

Mavis1 October 24, 2013

I like Vista del Rio but it's a little bit expensive. It's in a safe area and it's not too far. It's a very clean place. They have a quiet environment. The staff is very nice. They have people who look after you for 24 hours.

They serve three meals. I had lunch there with my friend and the food was not bad but it took too long for them to serve it. That's the only complaint I have. Overall, I like this facility because it's month to month and I don't have to buy in.

Yolanda2 September 26, 2013

I'm very pleased with Vista Del Rio. My uncle is very happy there. His apartment is the right size. In terms of affordability, it's what he could afford.

Lynne9 August 28, 2013

Vista Del Rio is a very pleasant and very homey facility. My mom has been living there since July. As soon as we walked in, we thought this is where she is going to live. We knew right away that this was a good place. We didn't even look at other places. The staff is great. They're very friendly and accommodating, especially the head management. They have good food there. They also have activities. They will have entertainers come in. They have movie night every night. What I like most about this place, and I think mom probably would agree, is her apartment. Her apartment is a pretty good size. There are two in the whole place that is the same size as hers and she was blessed enough to actually get the one that was open. It is beautiful apartment. She was able to take a lot of her things from her condo. The size of the apartment and the layout is very nice. We're all really happy that she did move here. It is really a great place.

From Vista del Rio

Vista del Rio is located in Peoria, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Vista del Rio for a visit...and stay!

Features of Vista del Rio

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room