Casa Del Rio

12751 N. Plaza Del Rio Blvd., Peoria, AZ, 85381

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Casa Del Rio

A Fellow ReviewerWZRRR May 11, 2016

My parents liked Casa Del Rio. We took a tour of the facility and had lunch there. It’s the one that my mother likes the best out of all the ones we visited. The food was very good. The people were very friendly. There were some activities going on while we visited, and they invited my parents to join right in even though they weren’t members there yet. It was a very friendly place. The only staff that we interacted with was the manager, who was very friendly, helpful, and gave us a lot of information.

Jan124241750 April 25, 2016

Overall, I'm impressed with Casa Del Rio. I moved here two weeks ago. The staff is fine and friendly, and the rooms and apartments are very nice. The food is pretty good, but the staff has a lot of turnover. They seem to take care of the people, and I am satisfied with their service.

Isabelle D.1 March 31, 2016

I thought Casa Del Rio and its rooms were very nice. I had a veyry good meal with two of the residents, and they said that they liked it very much. If you didn’t want to go out to church, they had a small place where they would have service, plus an exercise room, a library, and a small computer room.

Mary Pickford March 28, 2016

Casa del Rio was lovely but arranged strange. I walked in the door into the small room and went up to the desk, and there was a chair in the corner with somebody was sitting on it. I didn’t know if I got my appointment mixed up, but it felt like I was going into a business office. It didn’t feel warm or cozy or homey. They were kind and nice, but the ambience felt like you were just in a business office. The warm, cozy feeling is what makes you say, “I will seek more information on this place," which this place didn't have, so it gets a 3.

Anonymous116191050 February 27, 2016

Casa Del Rio was OK with very nice rooms, but the room was not appropriate for me because I use a power wheelchair that would not fit through the doorway into the bedroom.

Thank you for visiting Casa Del Rio. Our beautiful property offers four floor plans with many options to choose from. For example, some of our apartments offer open patios, while others offer additional living spaces. Most of our apartments have standard doorways while others are wheelchair assessable and have wider doorways, wheel in showers, and lower light switch placement. These wheelchair assessable units are very popular. We have a wheelchair assessable apartment available to rent this month. Please call the leasing office if you would like to view it.

Gayle21 January 24, 2016

Casa Del Rio just offered more than other facilities. I would say more bang for the buck, more for less. The apartment that I am getting is beautiful. The environment is very nice. The staff who assisted me were unbelievable, genuinely nice, went out of their way to tell me everything. The food at this facility looks good.

Thank you for such wonderful comments about Casa Del Rio. We are proud of our community and are pleased that we are able to offer many amenities and services as part of our basic rent. Wireless Internet, cable television service, housekeeping, in addition to meals in our beautiful dining room and transportation are only a few of our inclusive amenities. Our freshly renovated apartments are inviting and comfortable. Casa Del Rio is our residents home and our staff are honored to be of service to our residents. Welcome home!

Madeline 1 January 15, 2016

The apartments were very cheerful Had all of the amenities my mother was looking for Mother liked the fact that the dining room was open from seven to seven each day and she could eat at her time not a set time Mother liked the location

Mary115832350 November 05, 2015

I am a resident of Casa Del Rio. The place is beautiful and well-kept. It's landscaped on the outside. Their services are good. The food is dependent on how you feel, so I can say that the food is OK some days and some days is not.

Caring105170450 April 17, 2015

We thought Casa Del Rio was the nicest for what we could afford. It had plenty of room enough for us with a 2-bedroom, a swimming pool, and all our meals. Every other day, it looked like they had tours, and they had transportation anywhere we wanted to go. We came for lunch a couple of times and talked to a couple of gentlemen in the workout room. I thought the food was excellent.

Caring99270450 September 23, 2014

I visited Casa Del Rio several times and I was unimpressed. It was depressing to me. Everything was nice until you get to the rooms. I hated all of the rooms they showed me. They were octagonal-shaped and the carpets were gray. A lot of the rooms he showed me that had the patios weren’t on the ground level.

The staff was excellent. The sales person that I talked to was very charming. We sat, had a meal, and a resident that lived there came over and talked to us about it. Casa Del Rio had very good food. I thought their dining facility was nice. If you’re not ill, it’s probably not a bad thing because they have these inns all over the country and you can stay at them for close to nothing.

William48 September 09, 2014

I am living in Casa Del Rio now. It looks good, but the rooms seem bigger than they actually turned out to be. We are in a two-bedroom apartment and it is cramped with the furniture. The apartment that they showed us in the first place has a close patio at the end of the living room, and the one that they finally move us into doesn't have that. It has an exposed patio to the side of the room, which cuts down the space that we have. They try to convince us that all the apartments are just the same and we find out that they are not. When we call the maintenance, they put us on a work list and they come up when our turn comes up. They are really not too efficient because of the set-up that they have here as far as the outlets for wiring the televisions and computers. They are poor in activities. They only have bingo twice a week and my wife is very active in bingo. People seem to have all their activity in the dining room talking, and I am not much of a talker. So, I just sit in my apartment and watch TV. However, we just like it here because the food is excellent and the dining room looks OK. They have a very good chef so we are very happy about that.

Barbara86141750 May 30, 2014

I've been here in Casa Del Rio for four weeks now, and I really like it. I can't complain about anything. The food is really good. I don't drive, so they take me on the bus wherever I need to go. So I'm happy with it here. They come in my room and clean it. They take care of things. They have all kinds of activities that you're able to do. There are puzzles going on all the time. I do sewing, and I have a sewing machine up in my room, so I'm busy.

The staff is really friendly. I am very happy here. We looked at 10 different places, and we were here three times before I decided this is going to be it. Everybody is friendly. They'll go out of the way to do anything for you. However, they need a bus that can take the ones who are in wheelchairs. They just have a small bus, and I go on it, and they don't have a lift. So that's the only thing that I can suggest.

Caring85048350 May 21, 2014

My client and I like Casa Del Rio. We like the services, and the atmosphere was very homey. The people are very friendly, and everybody wants to help you. The room has a nice TV on the wall, nice kitchen area, as well as nice living area. Everything is clean and wonderful. The food is fantastic. It's almost like a regular restaurant. My client loves the menu.

LaurenMG June 30, 2011

My family and I recently moved my grandma into the Casa Del Rio. My grandma needed assistance but not complete assistance with daily life. She stays in an apartment like space that allows her to keep some of her independce like; making food, getting dressed and personal grooming. However she does need extra help with doing things. This place is great. The staff that works there are so friendly and welcoming. They made us feel as if we were putting her in a really good place. When I have been there, help her prepare meals, bathe and other daily activities. The staff had such enthusiasum and made me and my grandma feel comfortable. I would recommend this place.

About Casa Del Rio

Casa Del Rio is an independent living community in Peoria, AZ designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Casa Del Rio for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Casa Del Rio