Stratford Court of Palm Harbor | Independent Living

45 Katherine Boulevard, Palm Harbor, FL, 34684

Reviews of Stratford Court of Palm Harbor | Independent Living

Anonymous151776 October 06, 2016

I visited Stratford Court of Palm Harbor. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice. It was a much larger facility than others I had seen and had a lot of people around. They had a lot of residents who were nice and seemed to like it there. Everybody seemed happy and occupied. It seemed like a nice place.

Samantha036442 August 16, 2016

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor was nice and seemed to be an active community. The staff was very helpful and easy to talk with. They were having a happy hour when we were there.

Vicki058120 July 10, 2016

My father is in the rehab part of Stratford Court, and he is on the waitlist for their assisted living. When you walk in, it gives you a sense of energy and kind of a resort-style type of living versus something that is institutionalized. He has only been there for a week. The staff seems knowledgeable. The place is clean and in a great location. My father seems to be getting excellent care, which is important. I like it as far as the whole atmosphere, the care, the security they have in place, and the cleanliness. I think what sets it apart from the rest of them is just the way it's set up. I have not seen a bunch of people slumped in wheelchairs and not doing anything. The community has plenty of activities. It’s a campus where everything is self-contained but if they do want to leave, there’s transportation that does outing and so forth.

Karen N1 March 16, 2016

I would love to move into Stratford Court of Palm Harbor because it was lovely, clean, and well decorated. The staff was lovely and accommodating. The rooms were wonderful. All of the amenities were top of the line, and the location was superb. If I had the money, I would move in there tomorrow. The atmosphere was fantastic, and it had a beautiful pool. However, the fees were a little high.

Stacy8 October 31, 2015

Stratford Court is very nice, very clean, and beautiful. My parents will have two bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen, washer and dryer, living room, dining room, and a screened-in patio. The staff was very friendly and compassionate. They have shopping, trips to casino, malls, and stores. They have games, crafts, and cooking lessons.

Barbara B.1 October 29, 2015

Me and a friend of mine visited Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, and it has been very good. The staff seemed knowledgeable and very good. We looked at an apartment, and it was very nice. We were not able to eat there, but their dining area is very nice and elegant-looking.

Djf September 13, 2015

My mother-in-law and father-in-law lived at Stratford Court for about 10 years . There mobility problems in their 80s made it more and more difficult for them to live at home. They had become isolated and my mother-in-law would often be in her robe all day long and my father-in-law would wear the same stAined shirt all week. We help them find Stratford Court and move them in. The difference for them was like night and day. Here they have a social environment where everybody dressed Nicely for dinner and there were many social gatherings and activities throughout the week. Suddenly my mother-in-law felt the need to wear her best clothes and my father-in-law to wear startched shirts with cufflinks for dinner. They took a new interest in life and in their own appearance. The food, the activities and the social life of Stratford Court were just what they needed. It made the last 10 years of their lives rich and satisfying. I would be happy to recommend Stratford Court for anyone's parents.

Caring108382850 June 16, 2015

My first impression with Stratford Court was excellent. Actually, I thought everything was perfect. The survey would be very easy to fill out as being excellent all the way through because we were very impressed. The apartments were very nice, spacious enough, and personalized. Each separate apartment had a personal shadow in a box of the resident, which was very nice. The dining area is beautiful.

They had a menu of activities listed for the day. It was luxurious, much like a resort.

Caring106876050 May 13, 2015

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor is a very lovely place. It is new and a more elaborate place. The people are very nice; I just don’t think that is the place for me.

Gigi7 May 02, 2015

My father is in Stratford Court. They have independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing. They have one and two-bedroom apartments. The facility itself has everything. It's absolutely marvelous. They've got a huge dining room and all kinds of activities like exercises, a gym, poker, cards, happy hour once a week, and dancing. They take them on trips on the bus to doctor's appointments, shopping, and shows. They have awesome food. I am very happy to find this place. It's an excellent facility, clean, beautiful on the inside, very well maintained, and taken care of. The grounds are beautiful. Everybody I've met there is very happy to be there.

Caring104081450 March 31, 2015

Stratford Court is more hotel-like so we just decided the other facility suited him more. The people didn't greet us the same way when we went to the other facility right at the door. It was just a totally different feeling. I didn't particularly care for it. It was just not what we were looking for my father. I would call it hotel-like. I would say the reason I didn't put him in there is because I felt like he thought he would be in a hotel. I'd say the only positive thing about is was that it had a separate bedroom and it wasn't a studio.

Anne38 July 19, 2014

Stratford Court is five minutes from my daughter's house. I'm on the waiting list. I like everything about it. It is fantastic. It is like living in a big hotel with all the services you can want. They have everything in terms of activities. They have cards, and they have bus trips to the orchestra and to the casino. The main thing is that, the particular apartment that I want, I was able to see a furnished one there. It was just so great. It had a screened-in balcony. Also you would get two meals a day, and that's included. Everything is included in the rent, except your phone and your Internet. Stratford Court is beautiful inside and out. My daughter and I went for dinner. The menu was fantastic. They had three choices of main meal every night, but if you don't want any of the three meals featured, you can order from their "anytime menu." Also, Stratford Court offers a full buffet breakfast every day. They have a beauty shop in there, they have a laundromat if you don't have a washer/dryer in your apartment, and they also have a full library and a big conference room. They have a beautiful outdoor pool and a hot tub. The view was beautiful from both sides of the building. It felt very comfortable. The people were very nice.

Steve34 March 31, 2014

My mom has been living in Stratford Court for several years, and my dad was there, too. He was in one part of Stratford Court where he was living off a feeding tube and couldn't walk or talk, so we moved them both in there. He passed away two years ago, and now she's still there. They have a library, an audio room, and computers. They have Wii bowling, and they have a little bowling alley for Wii bowling, and they have just about everything you could need. They have game night. They have a little bar where they have happy hour and play games. She's very pleased. I think they're pretty good.

Mom is starting to complain about the food, but I thought it was good. The staff is just fine. They have a bus, but we have a lady who takes her instead because my mom doesn't really use all those kinds of benefits that they have there.

Caring76030450 December 31, 2013

Stratford Court was tremendously nice and well kept. It was a very lovely place with good food. It had a lot of good size rooms and had a lot of places for activities. But we felt that it was too big and it was kind of overwhelming for us. It just wasn't what we were looking for.

Norman2 June 25, 2013

We're thinking of moving to Stratford court. This is close to our current home, our doctors and other places we go. The location is very convenient. The place was clean and neat, the rooms were very nice, airy and spacious. We had a meal there which was delicious. Everyone was friendly and we liked it a lot.

Coady June 15, 2013

Two friends lived at this facility. I was very sad to see Stratford Court bleed my friends dry by constantly raising costs of meals, rent, laundry, and events. When one of my friends became sick and went to their nursing part, he was charged for his apartment, and the nursing home and a room being saved for him at the ALF. She was charged for three residences in the same month. We had a very difficult time getting her released from her agreements so that she could come home with us. They nearly held her hostage just to keep a paying resident,

Caring3902 May 31, 2013

I am quite happy here in Stratford Court. It's just a nice place to live. I chose this place because it's very close to where my daughter lives. The staff is delightful, kind, pleasant and I've never met anybody who worked here who is in any way objectionable. They're great. The guests here are very nice. It's independent and leaning towards assisted. I think about three-quarters of the people here have walkers. It's a compatible place. There are two areas for improvement though, one area is food. It's institutional food but they've made some improvements. The second thing would be transportation. As far as I'm concerned it's less than adequate.

Roger4 April 30, 2013

Stratford Court is close to where our daughter lives and it has everything we were looking for. We had lunch there while we were touring the place and it was absolutely fantastic! Huge portions and unfortunately much too much, but the food was very, very good. Everybody was very pleasant. Julie, who took us on a tour, was fantastic. It has all the amenities that we were looking for. Price was competitive along with all the other facilities that we looked at. It was only two miles from where our daughter lives so we thought that would be very convenient. We are on a waiting list. The apartment that we chose is an 890 square foot medium apartment with two baths. They have a lot of nice facilities. They have a swimming pool, a nice gym and they have all sorts of activities like games, meetings, pool room and wifi. It has everything that we were looking for. It has a nice view overlooking a canal. It's a six story building, it's very neat and very clean.

virtual reader December 19, 2011

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor 45 Katherine Blvd. Palm Harbor, Fl 34684

As I was pulling in to park I noticed the facility resembled a large resort hotel. The landscaping was beautiful and well cared for and there was ample parking for visitors and staff. The first thing I noticed when I entered Stratford Court of Palm Harbor was how spacious and beautifully decorated the interior was. There was ample seating areas for visitors and residents to be able to visit in privacy. The dinning area was very roomy and the facility offers three complete meals per day. I was able to view the swimming pool, the large patio, and the fitness room. There is also a large library. The residents rooms are very spacious with balcony and some even offer a canal view. Each room has their own private bath and kitchen and Stratford Court of Palm Harbor offers a variety of floor plans. As I walked over to the activities room I noticed there were many activities listed for the residents to enjoy. The facility also offers shopping trips, movie trips and excursions about town.

tealover1 May 25, 2011

Visited this facility

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor was the first facility that I toured when finding a home for my grandmother. It was the first because it was less than one mile from my home and it would have been extremely convenient for me to visit. Beautiful grounds, clean, and very nice staff are the first things you notice upon arrival. We came for a free dinner and tour and really loved the facility. The food was excellent, and the rooms were very nice and large, some even had water views of Lake Tarpon. My grandmother really liked it so we decided to add it to our list for comparison. When done touring other facilities, we found that the price was high compared to other homes in the area by about 25% more on the high end. It was just too far out of our budget to consider at that point and we had to pass which is why I gave it a 4 star rating as opposed to a 5 star rating.

From Stratford Court of Palm Harbor

Stratford Court of Palm Harbor offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.

We are located in Palm Harbor, Florida, close to area hospitals, healthcare providers, shopping centers and cultural venues. At Stratford Court of Palm Harbor, you'll find the perfect balance of the independence our residents want, with care always available, should you ever need it. We are proud to be a landmark in the area, servicing seniors for over 20 years.

From our spacious accommodations, to our outdoor pool and shaded patio, to our inspiring calendar of events, you'll feel like you've stepped into an island resort.

Part of the Five Star Senior Living family, we are honored to have the support and resources of one of the country's largest providers of retirement living, with over 250 communities in 32 states. Like the name suggests, Five Star Senior Living goes above and beyond the traditional ideas about senior living in every aspect of community life.

Features of Stratford Court of Palm Harbor

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: ALF

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Stratford Court of Palm Harbor