Tamarack

55 S Greeley St, Palatine, IL, 60067

Reviews of Tamarack

Anonymous114907950 November 30, 2015

Tamarack was a very nice place. Everyone was friendly and accepting of the new person. I enjoyed the people there. The thing that I was unhappy about personally was that the laundry was only on the floor and not in the apartment. They also do not provide parking, and that was important to me at that time. They have noisy air conditioning and also lack storage units; those were the negative things.

Anonymous114200750 October 30, 2015

Tamarack was fine, but I can't afford what they have. The food was very good, the rooms were fine, and the cleanliness was good. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Marc R. October 28, 2015

My friend has already been placed at Tamarack. The rooms are nice. The staff is good. The dining room does leave a little bit to be desired. They should have a wider variety of food. Sometimes at night, they just order pizzas out for everybody, and it is not really a treat when it is done a couple of times a week.

Sherie2 July 21, 2015

One of my favorite ones that I visited was a Holiday retirement called Tamarack Palatine. Had mom opted to stay in Illinois, this is exactly where she would have moved. I absolutely loved it. I just liked the whole concept. It is in an urban setting, it is like a high-rise apartment building, it was clean, and the atmosphere was comfortable. You could tell that the people who lived there enjoyed being there, liked being there, and all of that. Every staff person I met was just wonderful. It was a good feeling when I walked in. I was there for probably a couple of hours, and I was impressed.

Jori June 30, 2015

We placed my grandmother at the Tamarack in Palatine, and she is actually moving in next week. I was very impressed with it. I thought they had a lot of very nice amenities for the seniors. Safety was a big concern of mine, and I was very pleased with their safety system. I think she is going to love it there. I thought it was very homey, and it was not too big, which is what I like. I like it a lot. It makes you feel that you are moving into someone's home. We just felt that the Tamarack was the best choice for her.

Caring8846 January 29, 2015

At Tamarack, everyone was very friendly -- the workers and the residents. I did have lunch with a couple of staff, and they were pleasant. They have miniature ponies that come and visit.

Dan29 November 14, 2014

The one I like the most of the facilities I've visited is Tamarack, but it just didn’t suit our needs. The only issue that we thought it wouldn’t work for us is the security issue. I don’t want my dad to wander off and they don’t have security. As far as the facility itself, we love it. Everything was clean and they offer a lot of activities. The rooms were of nice size and the price was OK.

Caring97156450 November 05, 2014

My mother stayed at Tamarack. It was not bad. It really was a matter of the people working there at that time and turnover seemed to be high in that industry. So, it was really what you were working with that made the difference. In Tamarack, there were good and bad, but there were mostly good. They had apartments. My mother had a one-bedroom apartment. It had good size bedroom with a queen bed in it. It had room for dresser, a chair and a closet. The living room was also in a good size. She had a both a couch and a love seat combination in there with room for her TV and her kitchen table as well.

The food was OK. I ate there a few times. It tended to be overcooked -- perhaps that's because most people there would prefer that way. It was easier to digest and swallow. They had a fruit table and had some seasonal fruits that were there 24/7. They had tables with tablecloths. Sometimes they had entertainment like a piano player or games or whatever. They tried to make it much fun as possible. I would say it was worth looking at. It was fine. It was a four-story building with about 300 units over all. It had different things on the different floors.

Tom94707150 September 23, 2014

Everything at the Tamarack looked fine. The staff was very accommodating. We had lunch there and then I went a second time and I brought my daughter with us and she also thought it was nice. The food was good and they had a nice selection too. The dining area wasn't really that big, but there was enough room for the people and it had good service because of their waiters and everything. It was pretty good. The residents that we saw and came in contact with seemed to be happy and satisfied.

Caring91409350 August 30, 2014

We took a brief tour at Tamarack and I liked it a lot. I think it would be perfect for her because it’s independent. The rooms were very nice as well as the staff. They have a bus that takes the residents to their doctor's appointments. They also watch movies and have all kinds of clubs, like crocheting club.

Bill48 May 30, 2014

I visited Tamarack, and I liked it very much. It was very nice. The staff was absolutely excellent. The rooms were very nice and absolutely spacious. They have activities, from your average, everyday reading, to church, to piano, and all sorts of nice things.

Elaine8 May 14, 2013

Tamarack was nicely done although it was not brand new. They had all the services you needed like assisted living if you need to transfer. The location was also convenient for me. The staff were really friendly and nice, but the price was very expensive.

Grandma's girl1 November 08, 2012

Tamarack is a wonderful community for people you love and care about to live. The staff was cheerful, kind and considerate. They developed a sense of community amongst their residents by always having many different activities. My Grams is a foodie, I was delighted to find the food they served was restaurant quality, served on china in a beautiful dining room. Of course they could take their meals in their apartments, but my Grams really looked forward to meeting her new friends for meals. They also had rooms our family could use to have parties, We had a Christmas Party with over 50 people. My Grandmother's apartment was charming, cozy, but spacious. It has beautiful, built-in bookshelves in the living room, lots of windows, a dining room big enough for Gram's dining room furniture. A kitchen, with all the amenities a cook needs. Her bedroom was spacious and conducive for resting. Her bathroom was outfitted with all the necessary equipment, even her shower was special in that it had a chair, and a hand nozzle that was easy for her to use. They have amenities such as a beauty parlor, exercise machines, a chapel, and lots of caring staff. My grandmother could not be in better care.

From Tamarack

Tamarack is located in Palatine, IL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Tamarack for a visit...and stay!

Features of Tamarack

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room