Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Top Nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

May 11, 2016

By Robert124524050

I was impressed with Tamarack. The rooms were very nice. They have activities like outings but my sister did not participate too much in their activities. The dining area has ample space with nice arrangement of the tables and a pleasant entry, clean and sociable, not cafeteria-style. The people there all seemed to be pleased with the facility.

December 22, 2015

By Theresa40

Tamarack is a very nice facility. I like its location. The patients seemed to be very well cared for. The facility was clean, and the staff were fantastic. I had lunch with them, and everything was very good. They have exercise programs, entertainment programs, especially on Saturdays, (when) entertainers coming in. They have games, like bingo, too.

December 10, 2015

By Carol116866550

We visited Tamarack. It was nice and clean but a little old. The rooms weren't bad. We would be downsizing, but that's OK. They were nice and kept clean.

November 30, 2015

Tamarack was a very nice place. Everyone was friendly and accepting of the new person. I enjoyed the people there. The thing that I was unhappy about personally was that the laundry was only on the floor and not in the apartment. They also do not provide parking, and that was important to me at that time. They have noisy air conditioning and also lack storage units; those were the negative things.

October 30, 2015

By Anonymous114200750

Tamarack was fine, but I can't afford what they have. The food was very good, the rooms were fine, and the cleanliness was good. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

October 28, 2015

By Marc R.

My friend has already been placed at Tamarack. The rooms are nice. The staff is good. The dining room does leave a little bit to be desired. They should have a wider variety of food. Sometimes at night, they just order pizzas out for everybody, and it is not really a treat when it is done a couple of times a week.

July 21, 2015

By Sherie2

One of my favorite ones that I visited was a Holiday retirement called Tamarack Palatine. Had mom opted to stay in Illinois, this is exactly where she would have moved. I absolutely loved it. I just liked the whole concept. It is in an urban setting, it is like a high-rise apartment building, it was clean, and the atmosphere was comfortable. You could tell that the people who lived there enjoyed being there, liked being there, and all of that. Every staff person I met was just wonderful. It was a good feeling when I walked in. I was there for probably a couple of hours, and I was impressed.

June 30, 2015

By Jori

We placed my grandmother at the Tamarack in Palatine, and she is actually moving in next week. I was very impressed with it. I thought they had a lot of very nice amenities for the seniors. Safety was a big concern of mine, and I was very pleased with their safety system. I think she is going to love it there. I thought it was very homey, and it was not too big, which is what I like. I like it a lot. It makes you feel that you are moving into someone's home. We just felt that the Tamarack was the best choice for her.

January 29, 2015

At Tamarack, everyone was very friendly -- the workers and the residents. I did have lunch with a couple of staff, and they were pleasant. They have miniature ponies that come and visit.

November 14, 2014

By Dan29

The one I like the most of the facilities I've visited is Tamarack, but it just didn’t suit our needs. The only issue that we thought it wouldn’t work for us is the security issue. I don’t want my dad to wander off and they don’t have security. As far as the facility itself, we love it. Everything was clean and they offer a lot of activities. The rooms were of nice size and the price was OK.

November 05, 2014

My mother stayed at Tamarack. It was not bad. It really was a matter of the people working there at that time and turnover seemed to be high in that industry. So, it was really what you were working with that made the difference. In Tamarack, there were good and bad, but there were mostly good. They had apartments. My mother had a one-bedroom apartment. It had good size bedroom with a queen bed in it. It had room for dresser, a chair and a closet. The living room was also in a good size. She had a both a couch and a love seat combination in there with room for her TV and her kitchen table as well. The food was OK. I ate there a few times. It tended to be overcooked -- perhaps that's because most people there would prefer that way. It was easier to digest and swallow. They had a fruit table and had some seasonal fruits that were there 24/7. They had tables with tablecloths. Sometimes they had entertainment like a piano player or games or whatever. They tried to make it much fun as possible. I would say it was worth looking at. It was fine. It was a four-story building with about 300 units over all. It had different things on the different floors.

September 23, 2014

By Tom94707150

Everything at the Tamarack looked fine. The staff was very accommodating. We had lunch there and then I went a second time and I brought my daughter with us and she also thought it was nice. The food was good and they had a nice selection too. The dining area wasn't really that big, but there was enough room for the people and it had good service because of their waiters and everything. It was pretty good. The residents that we saw and came in contact with seemed to be happy and satisfied.

August 30, 2014

We took a brief tour at Tamarack and I liked it a lot. I think it would be perfect for her because it’s independent. The rooms were very nice as well as the staff. They have a bus that takes the residents to their doctor's appointments. They also watch movies and have all kinds of clubs, like crocheting club.

May 30, 2014

By Bill48

I visited Tamarack, and I liked it very much. It was very nice. The staff was absolutely excellent. The rooms were very nice and absolutely spacious. They have activities, from your average, everyday reading, to church, to piano, and all sorts of nice things.

May 14, 2013

By Elaine8

Tamarack was nicely done although it was not brand new. They had all the services you needed like assisted living if you need to transfer. The location was also convenient for me. The staff were really friendly and nice, but the price was very expensive.

November 08, 2012

By Grandma's girl1

Tamarack is a wonderful community for people you love and care about to live. The staff was cheerful, kind and considerate. They developed a sense of community amongst their residents by always having many different activities. My Grams is a foodie, I was delighted to find the food they served was restaurant quality, served on china in a beautiful dining room. Of course they could take their meals in their apartments, but my Grams really looked forward to meeting her new friends for meals. They also had rooms our family could use to have parties, We had a Christmas Party with over 50 people. My Grandmother's apartment was charming, cozy, but spacious. It has beautiful, built-in bookshelves in the living room, lots of windows, a dining room big enough for Gram's dining room furniture. A kitchen, with all the amenities a cook needs. Her bedroom was spacious and conducive for resting. Her bathroom was outfitted with all the necessary equipment, even her shower was special in that it had a chair, and a hand nozzle that was easy for her to use. They have amenities such as a beauty parlor, exercise machines, a chapel, and lots of caring staff. My grandmother could not be in better care.

Features of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Solstice Senior Living at Palatine

Solstice Senior Living at Palatine is an independent living community in Palatine, IL designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Solstice Senior Living at Palatine for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Palatine