Steeplechase Retirement Residence

12029 County Road 103, Oxford, FL, 34484

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Steeplechase Retirement Residence

Caring108120650 June 12, 2015

The people at Steeplechase were nice. They answered any questions we had and gave us a tour. As far as, I know it seems the places we visited have the same as far as security. I believe they lock the door at nine at night, and the residents have their own entrance path to get in or out after that time. Everyone has their own apartment and you'd only share it if you are married. They didn't have washers and dryers in their units. There is a laundry mat type of room where everyone can go to do their own laundry, but you didn't have your own machine in your apartment. It will be an elderly person hauling their laundry down the hallway. At any rate, it will be hard for my mom to carry her laundry out of her apartment to do it. We did not taste any of the food, and I believe they have the same idea as far as there are certain windows of time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Caring101162050 January 18, 2015

My parents moved back to Steeplechase Retirement. The staff is fantastic. The food is OK. The room is nice. Overall, I am happy with the facility for them.

Caring95552250 November 05, 2014

The staff was great at Steeplechase Retirement. It was independent living, so you had your own apartment and everybody ate together and they had activity. All of the ones that I have been are like that and the dining room was beautiful. Although I do not know anyone that lives there, it would be one I would chose if I were ready to make a choice.

Caring70559750 May 05, 2014

I'd say the rooms were fine at Steeplechase. The staff is very good. They could have a little more help, especially at dinner time. They kind of dress it up, like they tell you you're going to get eggs benedict, but do not get eggs benedict, more like a substitute for eggs benedict. They had the usual activities, like bingo and stuff like that. They were awfully good to me when I had a medical problem, and to my husband because he was upset when I ended up in an ambulance. They were very nice; they sent me flowers.

Caring6916950 March 31, 2014

Steeplechase was convenient to where l live and it was reasonable compared to some of the others. They had several different floor plans, both 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom. It's just that they don't have enough people working there to get done what needs to be done. The food is fair. They have bingo, Wii bowling, and three or four different exercise programs. They have a fitness facility, a fitness room and a swimming pool. The bus takes them shopping and takes them to the doctor's appointment. I like the location and the way it is decorated. The facility itself is very nice. Mom is doing well.

Caring81905850 March 27, 2014

I had a very nice tour at Steeplechase, and if my mother were to come down to me, I definitely would recommend this facility. It’s a new facility and very well kept. The staff were very nice.

Caring3573 January 14, 2014

A lot of the people out here have talked about Steeplechase opening up. It has easy access to things and the environment is homey. The rooms are real nice and they can move your furniture for you at no cost. The food was all right.

Caring74627450 November 22, 2013

On the whole, I wasn't really impressed with Steeplechase at all. The food was good though. The staff and their PR were average. They did follow up on us. The dining room was fine and nice. It was just older than the other facility and that's the only difference. However, I just didn't like them.

Jacquelyn2 August 20, 2013

Steeplechase is nice. We visited there and we had lunch. I wasn't totally impressed. I just have a big problem with a place where I need to get dressed and go down to a dining room in order to eat. I want to eat in my own kitchen table. I do have a back problem, and so I can't walk a lot and I use a cane off and on. But I'm still very active.

Dolores6 August 10, 2013

They had an advertisement and we went to look at it and that's how we heard about Steeplechase. We checked out the place and see how it was like. The staff were fine. It was brand new. It was very clean and pleasant and very nice looking. The only thing I did not like is it was three-stories high and there was only one elevator in the whole building and I didn't like that. They have games. They have movies. They have fitness center. The people that serve the meals were not trained. They were just people that came in to get a job there and they didn't have a lot of experience in doing some of the works there, but they were very nice people. We looked at a two-bedroom and two-bath apartment. The food is fine, but it wasn't as good as it was in the beginning.

Donald8 July 31, 2013

Steeplechase is a very nice place with a very nice staff and very good food. The dining room was beautiful and the service was grand. I liked everything about it including the location.

About Steeplechase Retirement Residence

Steeplechase Retirement Residence is an independent living community in Oxford, FL designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Steeplechase Retirement Residence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Steeplechase Retirement Residence