Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Overview of Ratings

4.5

October 07, 2014

By Donna99993650

I have been in Brookdale Place Overland Park for six years. It has been a very good experience, and there are lots of activities. The only problem for us right now is that it is not assisted living although there are quite a few people here who use some extra services that could be assisted living. The surroundings are good and the location is in a very good place as far as the outside things to do; doctors, hospitals, and a lot of things very close. The facility itself has been remodeled in the last two years. There is a very friendly, warm environment from the people who live here. It is a very, very pleasant experience for my husband and I. We've made lots of friends, and I find that the people here are very accommodating, and they want to help you as they can.

June 17, 2014

Brookdale was a beautiful facility, and it offered a lot to whoever's going to move in there. They had casual and formal dining rooms. They had a lounge and a pool, which could be shared with the families. The place was very clean. I liked all the apartments. They were all beautiful and spacious. I thought they had a lot of room compared to the other places that I had looked at. The people there were very friendly. When the time comes, that's definitely one that I would show my mom to look at. They had a activity area where you could go in and play cards. They also had a library and video checkout area. I saw people playing in there. In the bar, they could convert the tables for people who wanted to play poker or bridge and stuff like that.

May 21, 2014

I was familiar with Brookdale Place Overland Park because I used to live in that area few years ago, and I have friends from church who live there. It's a fine facility. The only reason that I didn’t get to choose them is because my daughter is moving to Shawnee and she wants me to live closer to her, but I love this place. I used to visit my friends there. The rooms are very good. I like its layout. They have a lot of activities, and the food is good. I would recommend this facility because I think it's very good.

December 31, 2013

By Judith21

We've chosen Brookdale and we just need to sell our house. I's very nice and had a recent renovation. The staff was wonderful and the residents were very warm and gracious. We saw a wide selection of dishes in the menu and the setting doesn't look institutional but very upscale.

September 26, 2013

By Karen68555550

Out of the several places were visited, Brookdale Place was one of the places we enjoyed the most. The staff were phenomenal. They were very knowledgeable, very open to my parents, and very happy. They introduced them to another couple who they spent dinner with. They have just a lot to offer. They were very helpful in helping us who to contact about VA benefits and we are just hoping that the benefits can be approved so that they can move in. The rooms were very much like just apartment. Everybody has their own patio where they can do their gardening. They have their own kitchenette. They have a cord by their bed and if the resident does not respond by pulling the cord by 10 o'clock in the morning, they will send somebody to check on them. The food is very good and they provide two meals a day. They have three different dining rooms and one is open 24 hours a day. While we were there, they had a jazz concert and dancing. They also offer transportation if they want it. They also offer church services, they have a barber shop, and a salon.

August 20, 2013

By Irene9

My husband and I used to stay at Grand Court Overland Park for a little less than a year. The living environment was really good and homey. We had a very nice apartment with one bedroom and a back porch that led out into the hall way which was very nice. It had a lot of upscale people as it was in the upscale area. The staff was good. The food was excellent. I would still be there, if I could afford it, but couldn't afford it. I just think they need to address on the dining room situation because they had two separate dining rooms. If you went in and you sat down at an empty spot and it was somebody else's place, they'll tell you to move and that's against the policy rule but there's nothing they could do about it because these people had money. Also, every floor had a laundry but it was a hassle. I would recommend it to others, but don't be thinned skinned when you went into the dining room

July 11, 2013

By Cindy26

We visited Brookdale Place Overland Park and it was very upscale. The facility was clean, excellent and they had a lot of fun stuff to do. The rooms were clean, very bright and had everything that they needed. The dining room was fine. It was a really nice place but it was a little out of our price range.

Let Us Search For You

• Tai Chi
    • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Brookdale Overland Park 119th

Brookdale Overland Park 119th provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Located on the corner of 119th and Lamar. Just south of the Sprint Campus and east of Menorah Medical. We are walking distance from the Town Center shopping and we transport our residents frequently to local shopping and restaurants. We also have fenced yards on the first floor perfect for residents with puppys. We are a rental community that also has a full continuum of care partnering with Brookdale Overland Park which offers assisted living, memory care and full skilled nursing.

Map of Brookdale Overland Park 119th