Ormond in the Pines | Independent Living

101 Clyde Morris Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL, 32174

Reviews of Ormond in the Pines | Independent Living

Caring105007650 January 25, 2015

We chose Ormond of the Pines for my mom because of the amenities that it offers although she hasn’t moved in yet as we are waiting for an available apartment. They offer three meals a day and several activities all day long. The people that were there were friendly as well as the employees. The place is very clean and very nice. The room is spacious for one person.

SuziQ419 September 25, 2014

I went to Ormond in the Pines. I thought that everybody adored the faculty and the faculty loved the people that live there. There’s a lobby, and the dining hall was right in the right hand side. It’s very, very nice and the chef came out and met us. They invited us to have a meal. The dining hall looked beautiful and they were getting ready for happy hour -- which is OK -- but my personal view is that elderly people shouldn’t be drinking. I could see that they really take pride in their dining hall because it’s newer. They have a presentation of the meal ahead of time out in the hallway to show you what you’ll be eating that day which is nice.

The lower floor is the independent-living and the apartment was very nice. It was quite large and the bedroom was a good size. The bathroom was pretty good. The one thing I didn’t care for is the kitchenette. The kitchenette was so outdated. The stoves were like from back in the 1970s. Most of the residents don’t even use them. I don’t like their activity room for physical therapy. It’s very small and nobody was in it.

They have creamy white carpeting in the apartment itself; I didn’t care for that. They just painted and the colors downstairs are very, very depressing colors like tans, dull greens, and dull oranges like old-fashioned 70s colors instead of pretty uplifting colors. The visitation was very nice. I met with people, and they seemed very happy there. They were meeting for dinner afterwards and that was very nice. They’re all friends and I like that because the warmth and the friendliness is number one.

Norman6 September 12, 2014

Ormond In the Pines was very nice. I like it. The food was very good. The staff was nice. I had no complaints about what I saw. I'm not into playing bingo and stuff like that, but they had a lot of things going on. The rooms were small, but they were nice. What I like best about this place is the way they greeted me. They greeted me very well.

susieqforever December 24, 2013

A very special place for senior,very niceand caring healthcare workersand ,meals are super.I was a private aide for a resident and I can't find any other place nicer than this place.

Alexa2 September 25, 2013

We did make an appointment at Ormond in the Pines and they were very nice. We had lunch and the food was exceptional, but they are a bit expensive. If mom would go in this place, everything would be convenient for her. It's close to Walmart and her doctors are up there also. The studio that they had was small, but the two-bedroom was fine. The people were very nice . They have a lot of activities. I can see that the residents enjoy living there.

Kay13 July 25, 2013

I visited Ormond in the Pines. The place is an old, but it was clean. The feel of the place was more like a nursing home feel, but overall the place was okay. It was not up to date when we visited there two years ago.

Daytonapearl May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

"While my mother-in-law was a resident here, I joined her for dinner in the pleasantly decorated dining room a few times and was more than satisfied with the professional chef's tasty and varied menu offerings. I have also attended a Fourth of July barbeque, Valentine's Day dinner, guest lectures and other special events here and saw lots of smiles on residents' faces. Staff was always attentive and courteous. This nicely appointed and well-maintained facility is located within a few minutes of I-95, shopping, medical centers and beautiful beaches. The grounds are park-like and include a putting green and large, heated swimming pool. The landscape is dotted with towering pines and has lots of sunny and shaded sitting areas. The overall atmosphere is that of a fine resort in a secure and tranquil setting. A full calendar of activities both onsite and offsite (private bus transportation is provided) caters to the needs and whims of residents with varying interests and abilities. Mom really enjoyed those excursions, especially the short trips to an ice cream shop."

From Ormond in the Pines

A slice of paradise...

Whether you're ready to relax and enjoy your retirement on the beach or still craving that need for speed and excitement on the Daytona raceway, there's no better place to be than Ormond in the Pines in the lovely seaside town of Ormond Beach, Florida.

It's your retirement; you deserve to be having the time of your life. Why don't you join us at Ormond in the Pines, and enjoy a slice of retirement paradise?

Features of Ormond in the Pines

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Ormond in the Pines