Rolling Hills Ranch | Independent Living

4324 N 132nd St, Omaha, NE, 68164

Reviews of Rolling Hills Ranch | Independent Living

Caring110418550 August 05, 2015

We really did like it. It was brand new -- probably two or three years old -- and the apartments were absolutely huge -- very nice apartments, very bright inside. The problem when we went there was that we saw a lot of the people who were a little younger than my mother, and sometimes that doesn't work because you get too much of an age difference. She is elderly and wants to be with people in her age bracket, and that is how they are most comfortable. We went down in the dining room and stood there for a while when they were getting ready to eat, and we noticed there was a lot of younger people. When I say younger, I am saying 70's and 80's -- and that is a horrible thing to say -- but 70's and 80's is a younger crowd, so we thought that she would be out of place a little bit. She handles herself with the younger people alright, but she might be a little more comfortable in a place where it is a little homier with people within her age bracket. I think if she was probably ten years younger, that would have been around my radar because I'd be sitting there and thinking, "Well, this is nice," since I don't live very far away from there. It is less than a mile away, and I go by there practically every day on the way to work, so it would have been convenient. However, in the same token, it doesn't matter because convenient doesn't always mean good. It was convenient for me, but maybe it was not going to work for her, so that is kind of why we left it.

It is absolutely beautiful. It is well-lit and really bright. There are a lot of windows, and the dining room is fantastic. You go in there, it is all lit up really well, and they have a nice view because it's more of a country feel when you look out the window since there is a little more wooded area around there. Money-wise, it is not that expensive, and we were surprised because we were thinking that it is going to be more expensive, but it actually is cheaper than what she has been paying before. Like I said, it was just one of those things where we just thought that she would be a little better, a little happier, when she would be with people her age, and I think that is just how it works. Rolling Hills is a beautiful facility; it really is. Someday, if I ever get to that situation, if I had to go somewhere, it would probably be Rolling Hills. Overall, I'd say they were very nice. When you go to dine, you kind of have this panoramic view outside, and then they have beautiful landscaping there, so when you look out the window, you're like, "That's really pretty."

Caring110410650 July 07, 2015

I visited Rolling Hills Ranch. They have lovely apartments. Also, they have a workout room. They have lots of social events. However, I felt like I was too young for that community. It is probably for me down the road, just not yet. The few people that I visited with were quite friendly. They highly recommend this place. The facility was clean. I felt like every question I asked was answered very well. They have called me several times to be sure that I understood everything. They invited me to come back to check it out again.

Goody2Shoes2 April 26, 2015

Visited the facility not long ago and managed to meet with a lot of the staff. The office staff is very friendly but my biggest concern was with the staff in the kitchen. I feel that food is one of the few things residents are actually excited for, and with a poor diet you can't really expect to live a healthy life. I met Jordan who was the manager for the kitchen. He normally isn't at the retirement home he says and thank god for that. This guy has a huge ego and I couldn't believe the way he spoke to some of the staff as if they were just a bunch of cattle. The servers are all extremely rude and no wonder why when you have a boss like that guy. Having worked in kitchens most of my life I find it important to check that out for the sake of my mother. Overall I would not even think about sending anyone here! There are much nicer facilities with better staff in the Omaha area.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm very sorry that you had a negative experience during the food service portion of your tour. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department so they can investigate further. I certainly hope your opinion of Rolling Hills' food service hasn't turned you against all Holiday communities. If you have any other comments or concerns, please know that you can call our Resident Relations department here at Home Office directly at 1-800-370-8331. Sincerely, Katie

Bob93494050 November 11, 2014

I have visited Rolling Hills Ranch in Omaha, and it was a very nice visit. The staff has a very good attitude and was also helpful. The rooms were nice, and it was decorated nicely. I had lunch there, and the food was delicious. You had a choice of meals, and that was very good. They do have activities like cards and music. All in all, it is really a nice facility and people were very nice and cordial. It just felt like home.

Rhoda1 July 19, 2014

I have a 2-bedroom unit at Rolling Hills Ranch. I've been here for 6 months. We do Wii bowling. They have a lot of different card groups. They have armchair exercise. We have a small chapel and an exercise room. The bus takes you shopping and takes you to appointments. In the upstairs part that you see with a balcony, that's a library, combined with the pool table and a chess table that fit in that area. A lot of times, when people have family and they're a large group, they'll have that area. An important factor for me is I have 2 dogs. Both the general manager and the assistant manager have dogs. There are dogs all over the place, and mine settled right in. They're allowed to go anywhere in the building as long as they are on a leash, except the eating areas. The maid service is very good. It's light housekeeping once a week, and they will change the bed and do your laundry if you use their sheets.

Caring88721650 June 27, 2014

Rolling Hills was nice. My brother and I toured it. It was independent living. They didn't have a full kitchen. That was the only downfall. Otherwise, everything else was fine. My mom's 81, but she's not ready because she's still baking and cooking. It looked like everyone there was friendly and helpful. It looked like a very nice independent living place.

Mary82744150 May 09, 2014

Rolling Hills Ranch was a nice facility, very suitable. The staff was wonderful. The dining area was very clean and very nice. The rooms were nice because they had good variety. Their common room furniture is very old and outdated. When I walked in, it was burgundy and dark green, all the older colors. It looked more quiet, solemn, and dark. That wasn't as appealing to me. Otherwise, I loved everything about it.

I talked to three of the residents. One of them talked to me in the hall, and they arranged for me to talk to another lady and another gentleman. Everybody there liked it. The other thing that Rolling Hills Ranch lacked was closet space. They couldn't have a lot of Christmas decorations or anything like that because there wasn't room for it.

Diane79180950 February 24, 2014

I was very impressed with Rolling Hills. They showed me a couple of units and I like what I saw. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. Their dining room was very nice. I also find their food good.

kirby72 May 09, 2012

they have very nice people working and living there ,there head chef makes some very good meals , we where able to try the dinners before deciding to take the room , its very clean and the veterans pictures of those that live there make a nice touch, the court room is full of flowers and waterfountain to look at there are lots of social things to do and them take them to many zoos and football games ! what we like as a family, is there is a social room for the whole family to come and have time with the grandparents. my parents are enjoying making new friends and not having to worry about what bills are next when its all taking care of for them now . without having to buy meals also helps a lot , with all there meals cooked for them , they even have small dogs that come around that brings smiles to every ones face, the staff is very nice always having time to talk with anyone, it really feels like a family .

From Rolling Hills Ranch

Rolling Hills Ranch is located in Omaha, NE, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rolling Hills Ranch for a visit...and stay!

Features of Rolling Hills Ranch

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room