Affinity at Olympia

Reviews of Affinity at Olympia

September 26, 2016

By Victimofsocialpirranha

Other

In the time I lived there,the facility deteriated very quickly. There is only one cleaning person to clean the whole building and move out apartment cleaning. This is unacceptable. The carpets frequently had stains and actual animal urine and feces were found in hallways and in the elevator. There has been mold found in several of the apartment units. One tenant had to chose to leave the complex after a incident with mold in her apartment and a continued illness. The manager fraternizes with tenants with obvious favoritism for "special tenants" She is very inexperienced and incompetent in her position. Her dishonesty and manipulation of people makes it a very uncomfortable living experience. The are people who have been placed on " bonds" and the manager manipulated their income so they may qualify and receive reduced rent. As "a favor" to her "special" tenants. When I first moved in, it was a fairly "active" group of people. With a "push" to fill all the apartments, the population was reduced to many elderly that would have been better suited in a assisted living facility. All about the money?

April 19, 2016

By ycamrahp

I have lived here for a year and I love it. I take advantage of the wonderful amenities.

July 15, 2015

By Kwineo

The intent of Affinity as they proclaim is good, however in one year multiple problems have arisen and Management has accomplished very little. The current issues plaguing this Facility is: 1. Elevators are out of service multiple times and little is seen to correct. There are tenants that are wheel chair bound and unable to negotiate stairs. 2 Hall floors have stains that have remained for months. There is no effort to have a commercial cleaning service to keep the halls clean. 3. Current management fail to respond to tenant request 4. Communication is sadly lacking in all management levels 5. Stairwells have stains on floors 6. One tenant has a reserved parking spot, this tenant does not have a car 7. It is an embarrassment to say I live here 8. There are no posted evacuation plan and diagram.

September 13, 2014

By Elaine22

Affinity at Olympia is quite pleasant and enjoyable. It is small, yet comfortable. They have activities they are just getting going. They have good offerings, and we had a good come-on that got us here. They have entertainment probably every third week that includes food, and it is very desirable. I have only been here since July 16, so we haven't been here very long yet. There is a swimming pool, which is great, and things to do. The rooms are small, but comfy, and I like cozy. They are well-planned; we like them. What is good about this place is you only have one bill to pay. They cover everything, except your telephone. There are no meals and no transportation, but as far as utilities, they cover all of your utilities. They are not totally full, and so they still have things to learn, but I would give them a five. The only drawback is that it is right over Highway 101, so we hear the highway and we can see the highway.

About Affinity at Olympia

Affinity at Olympia is an independent living community in Olympia, WA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Affinity at Olympia for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Affinity at Olympia