Brookdale Olympia Fields

3633 Breakers Drive, Olympia Fields, IL, 60461

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Olympia Fields

Wayne11 September 29, 2014

I found Brookdale Plaza Olympia Fields for my mom. I chose it because it is close to my brothers and sisters. I like that it looked very clean and friendly. They did have activities. At that time, some people were doing puzzles, and they were having a clean-up sale or yard sale.

Lynne14 September 23, 2014

Brookdale Plaza is very interactive with the residents. They call most of them by their name. The upkeeping and the food are excellent. The staff is very friendly. There seems to be quite a bit of security there. There are locked doors. You need to sign in and sign out so you just can’t go in and out.

They have a lot of activities. They have bingo. They have live entertainment once or twice a month. They have Wii bowling. They have a doctor on the premises once a week and they also do blood work once a month or once every two weeks. They also have a podiatrist that comes there quite often. There’s a priest that comes every Sunday.

There are 2 dining rooms. One is for people that need more help and one is the common area. The accommodations are very nice. Mother has a 1-bedroom. The 1-bedroom apartments are spacious. They have a lot of closet space and a large bathroom. They have a self-sufficient kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator and a microwave. They also have efficiencies which have like a little galley kitchen in a large 1-room for people to stay in.

They can incorporate. For the first month that she was back there, we had escorts taking her back and forth to the dining room and every time they did that, it was $8 a trip so if you went twice a day, that’s $16 a day. If you wanted to go to bingo at night, it would be another $8 charge.

Caring93401950 May 30, 2014

I have lived at The Park at Olympia Fields for 7 years now. I like that they fix meals, so I don’t have to wash dishes. The rooms are quite comfortable, and the staff clean the rooms. The staff are OK. The dining area is very good.

caring030313 March 26, 2014

The Park is well structured and well taken cared of. The staff was cordial, informative and professional. I'm sure they take care of the people that live there. There's one bedroom for people that need care. If you are independent, you get a 2 bedroom with a kitchen, a living room and other stuff just like a regular apartment. They told us they have activities for seniors. We didn’t have time to eat, but they offered that to us.

Cheryl22 January 31, 2014

My mom lives at The Park at Olympia Fields. We chose this facility for the location, the price and the quality. Their rate is good value for the price. They have three basic types of accommodation: They have one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments and village cottages off-site the main building. For activities, they do provide field trips; however, trips to doctors' appointments are not free. Regarding staff, the original staff members were terrific. However, since Brookdale took this facility over, they have gone from a 5 to a 4. They used to have a 24-hour nursing staff available but now they only have them during the day. If anything happens at night, which is where most of the things seem to happen, they don't have anything available. You have to call an ambulance. So we found that to be bit of an inconvenience. They're doing very well in terms of cleanliness and also the physical structure is fine but they're just not providing as many services as they could. They're an independent living with some services available, so they're not a complete full-service assisted living. They have a fairly affordable cost and it's a pay-as-you-go kind of service. So if you don't need all those services, then you're fine. Like for example, if you need assistance to go to the main dining room, you have to pay for someone to assist you. If you want to eat in your room, you pay to have your meal serve in your room and that's every meal. We have talked about the fact that if my mother should need all those services, then she might have to move, but a lot of those places are that way. Right now, she's very comfortable there but she doesn't want to pay for additional services because she doesn't need those assistance everyday. She doesn't want to pay more per month to get full service.

Ann35 December 30, 2013

The only one I visited was The Park at Olympia Fields. I like the layout of the facility. I like everything about it, but I'm just not ready to make that move. It's neat, clean. I like the diversity of the prices that they have. You would have a lot of options. All the people that I met were nice and kind.

Caring71268550 November 26, 2013

The Park at Olympia Fields offered two options: There were single units with elevator services and wheelchair accessibility. There were also duplexes that provide two bedroom facilities in case a caregiver or a family member would have to be with the resident 24-hours. The entire facility was all in one floor and that's a good thing. I would recommend them because of their space and their facilities like a clubhouse and a pool; those are good things as well. I also like the freedom that residents have in this community. They can go and walk in their spaces. There was this home environment to it and it was a good community setting. I didn't try their food but I did walk through their dining section. It looked and smelled good there. The residents seemed to be enjoying their meals. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was out my financial reach.

c84mac November 08, 2012

Well first of all, it's finely located in Chicago, Illinois' south suburbs. It has a large area with nice grass and a nice facility. They offer two bedroom and one bedroom apartments and suites. They have a gym, game room, library, beauty shop and arts and crafts room. They are a very private community, and they have a very, nice restaurant, with a very high ceiling. There were some bad things although, I do have to say that the staff was very friendly and were very nice to the patients. If your family member must be there, surround them with some bright colors and request they be bathed more than twice a week. It was very sad for me to see this and I hope I never have to go to a nursing home. All in all, I would say the place looks better than they actually care for the patients.

From Brookdale Olympia Fields

Brookdale Olympia Fields provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Location of Brookdale Olympia Fields