Lionwood Senior Living

12525 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK, 73120

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Lionwood Senior Living

Son of resident - Scott March 29, 2016

My Mom Is Smiling Again Lionwood has definitely been the silver lining for my mother. She hasn't had to pay rent at an establishment for over 76 years because she has been blessed with a 'home" for all of those years. Recently my siblings & I were forced to find a place for my mom due to mental & physical complications. Moving out of your home is difficult for anyone but it was especially difficult for my mom for she has only known one place...her home. This is where I stop & say just how amazing that Arrianne has been, not only to my entire family but especially my mom during her transition. Arrianne has really gone out of her way to add a plethora of pleasantries that at the end of the day, has helped my mom feel "at home" with LionWood. Some other places that we visited treated not only myself but my mom like another check mark for a place to fill! Not Arrianne! She was pleasantly inviting & extended a hospitality that really made Lionwood feel like a great place to live ...that is a home for mom. On behalf of my entire family, thank you again Arrianne for bringing back that smile on my mom's face! Scott ..Lionwood resident's son.

Shelly Dodson March 29, 2016

I had the pleasure of volunteering at one of the pageants at Lionwood. Everyone had so much fun! Very well organized staff. They go out of their way to make the residents and anyone visiting comfortable and happy. I would highly recommend to anyone. Clean, beautiful, great place to call home. A+ for Lionwood!

Domi G February 29, 2016

Mr brother is a resident now at Lionwood. He's been through some difficult times and was ready to give up. Thank goodness we found Lionwood. Food, friends, & fun have really made a difference. Thank you Lionwood!

luzjo February 28, 2016

I went to visit a friend who just moved into Lionwood and much to my surprise I was very impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to be so wonderful. Everything was beautiful and my friend is very happy there.

GeorgeMcDonald1924 February 25, 2016

I live in a spacious apartment. The food downstairs is tasty. Always something to do to get out of the apartment. The office staff is always willing to help. The maintenance guy is very professional and knowledgeable. I enjoy Zee coming and cleaning the apartment weekly. The nurses and aids are professional and caring. My aids and I enjoy the walks around the beautiful landscaping all around the building.

Bobsenior December 30, 2015

Have visited here several times. It is an excellent facility and one of my friends mother was a resident and could not have been happier.

Lowell S December 21, 2015

My father has moved into Lionwood Senior Living independent living. We like that they have an a la carte menu where you can buy as much care as you need. He is pretty independent right now, and they have some options that would work out for our own home healthcare there. It's been an excellent experience so far. They are very accommodating. The facility is fully handicap accessible, and he has a walk-in shower. There are emergency pull cords by the bed, by the toilet, and by the shower. He has a little kitchenette for snacks. They offer full dining where he could walk down every day and get breakfast, lunch and dinner. If he wants to go to the store, they can do that, and they can take him to doctors' appointments. They have a small exercise area. They have a courtyard for animals, so he can have his pets.

FSingleton December 01, 2015

I had to write a review for Lionwood because I am somewhat shocked at how great this place really is. My dad lives there and has for many years. It was the Wellington when he moved in, but the change to Lionwood hasn't changed anything. It is really an incredible place. Many of their staff have been there for years, including Dad's housekeeper who was one of the original employees in 2000, and the maintenance staff. I hear the original manager is back after an absence of a few years and the marketing lady that moved dad in, has been there since early 2000. I have had several family members in similar communities, but none of them resulted in the experience dad has had. They really are different and seem to care about dad and the rest of the tenants. I have had a few slight concerns over the years, but the response is always the same. Sorry, get it fixed and move on. I was told when I tried to recommend a friend a few weeks back that there were not any empty apartments at that time. I told my friend to do whatever it takes to get a reservation for this community. It is worth the wait. Thanks to all of the staff and the ownership of this community for doing something special here. Me, my dad, and my entire family appreciate it.

Dana22 November 30, 2015

Everything was extremely nice at Lionwood - the facility, our visit, the accommodations, amenities, and the price. It was very clean, and it was well decorated.

Linda115418350 November 10, 2015

We had a tour at Lionwood Senior Living, and it was nice. It has a good location with rooms that are a little bigger compared to other facilities we've visited. They do provide transportation and also have different activities for the residents.

Betty115698350 November 08, 2015

I called and made an appointment at Lionwood. Everybody seemed really nice. Everything would be fine, except the price was too high. The rooms were clean. They were spacious, and they were nice. It was just what I want. The residents all seemed like they're enjoying themselves.

Anonymous Daughter-in-Law November 07, 2015

I like Lionwood Senior Living. It was good, and the staff seemed very personable. They have storage available for the residents, which was nice. The residents were coming and going and interacting with each other, making it seem like a pleasant place to live. They had a nice library, common rooms, and a good dining room. The only drawback is that they didn't have a full kitchen, so they didn't have a stove or oven, just a refrigerator and a microwave.

Anonymous115266150 October 29, 2015

We are on our way to moving my sister-in-law to Lionwood. It is clean. They are helpful and flexible in price. One of the things that we like about it is that they have regular shuttles to stores and things. I think they are pretty good. The woman that I talk to there has been very helpful. She has been there for 14 years, which I think is a really good sign. I think the staff is very attentive.

Donna114286550 October 28, 2015

We visited Lionwood. The room was probably a little bit bigger than some we had seen. The studio apartment was an awkward layout. I would say it was a lot of wasted space, as awkward as it was laid out. The overall appearance was not as nice as what the other facility was, and yet, the price was higher. However, the young man that showed us around was very nice, and he sat and ate with us and was very helpful, so there was no problem with the staff in that regard. Food and the dining area were excellent. The facility was nice, but we weren't impressed with it.

Michelle114721950 October 28, 2015

Lionwood Senior Living had a lot of nice facilities, but the rooms were a little too small for my father. The dining room was very pleasant, and the lady who gave the tour was excellent; she answered every question I have. They had a lot of good things. My father is a veteran, and they help the veterans with all the different things they need, i.e., if they need to go to the veterans hospital and access to other programs that they offer. They had a big room where they do all sorts of activities. They have guests come in and talk and do things. They also have Bible study and a game room. The people there all seemed pretty happy.

Brenda113572950 September 30, 2015

My stepmom has moved into Lionwood Senior Living about three weeks ago. We chose it because of the location and the cost. The church services that she likes are there. She loves to play trivia, and she really likes the exercise class. They have three meals a day, which she enjoys. One thing I like about the facility is the people are out and about every time I have gone in there. They are playing scrabble, doing puzzles, and talking. They are out of their rooms, and they are interacting. I thought it would be good for her.

ltempson August 27, 2015

This is one of the most amazing senior living centers in Oklahoma. The management team is next to none. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are an array of activities to keep you busy. I would definitely recommend to anyone that is currently in the market for a new place to live!

Hank R August 25, 2015

I have a family member who lives at Lionwood. He has been happy there since the day he moved in. They have healthcare services available on site to take care of all of his health related needs. The activities are great and keep him busy and involved. The administrative staff are always responsive and helpful. The food is good and there is plenty of variety for him to choose from. He toured several communities before choosing Lionwood and is very happy with his choice.

dsb August 13, 2015

We toured Lionwood and have reserved a room for my mother in law. Arrianne showed us around and was extremely knowledgable and helpful. We enjoyed meeting the residents and the staff and are looking forward to our move in date.

Caring108721050 June 29, 2015

Lionwood was OK, but it was awfully big, and it was kind of confusing for me because we walked around so much. I did like the rooms, and I liked the dining area, but we liked the other place better because it was smaller. It didn't have as many places for my father-in-law to get confused and maybe go down the wrong way. It was nice. I have a friend whose mother-in-law is over there, and she enjoys it there. She has her own suite and everything.

Naveda June 16, 2015

Lionwood Senior Living was run down. We saw an empty apartment. It was nice and clean. The price was good, but we did not care for it at all. We would not consider it.

bigal8255 May 29, 2015

I have a friend who lives at the Lionwood. I have visited him several times. The staff is very friendly and caring. He tells me the food and services are wonderful. I highly recommend this site to anyone. Take a tour and you will agree.

Harley325 May 28, 2015

My father is a resident at Lionwood and is very satisfied with the facility. The food is excellent and the facilities, although showing their age, are among the best I've visited while looking for an independent living facility for my father. Social activities are plentiful and well attended. I would certainly recommend Lionwood to my friends and relatives

acacialb May 26, 2015

Other

I am officed in this community with Universal home health. Our staff is onsite 7 days a week, 5am until 12 midnight. So, we have the opportunity to work closely with the Lionwood staff and residents. Lionwood senior living has a very welcoming atmosphere, kind and considerate staff, and very happy/loving residents.

Caring80468050 March 31, 2014

Wellington is independent, but they do have universal health, so they will give my mother her medicine or take blood pressure, or they will assist with baths or whatever for another additional price. They have a lot of different activities, like exercise, and they even have like beauty pageants, the Queen and King of Valentine's Day, and different things like that. Their rooms feel more like apartments than like the assisted living that my mother was in before. It was just one big room; it never smelled. We really like it. It feels like more a fancy hotel. It's a good feeling, and it's not dreary and depressing. I'm very happy with it.

Alana2 June 19, 2013

I think the friendliness and apartment-style independent living are what I like best about the Wellington. I have a one bedroom apartment with a roomy living area and a kitchenette. You also have the option to eat in the dining room. The meals are all-inclusive and food is very good. They have once a week housekeeping that's included in the price too. They have an exercise class every morning, Bingo twice a week, different games at different times, and they bring in a lot of people, special events, and things like that. You can choose to have home help and they do have an agency that holds office in the building or you can have your own choice of agency coming in.

Kim11 January 30, 2013

The apartments at The Wellington are very nice. They provide good services like three meals a day, housekeeping, laundry, 24-hour receptionist, and pull cords in each room. The food is good. The staff has been very nice, and the receptionist has been very helpful. Although sometimes they're a little bit busy and understaffed. Overall, I'd say everybody is very friendly.

caring11271 December 02, 2012

The Wellington at Oklahoma City is extremely nice. The staff is wonderful. My mother is receiving extremely good care. I have spent about a month there with her and I have absolutely nothing to say about anything they need to improve. Everything is wonderful.

From Lionwood Senior Living

Lionwood Senior Living is a full-service retirement community that prides itself on exceptional service, affordable prices and comprehensive health care services. Lionwood provides seniors with their own private apartments, allowing residents to bring their treasured belongings for an easier transition to their new home. Retirement Lionwood frees residents from daily chores such as home maintenance, lawn care and bill paying, while allowing them to enjoy living independently with many life-enhancing services similar to those found in a fine hotel.

Our residents enjoy:

• Several floor plans ranging from studios to 2 bed/2bath apartments
  • Affordable, all inclusive rates
  • No buy in or long term lease requires, strictly month to month rental
  • Customized apartment options available
  • Three delicious meals daily prepared by our Executive Chef
  • A featured entree of the day as well as many alternatives available
  • Daily social and recreational programs
  • Complimentary transportation for activities and medical appointments
  • On-site healthcare & rehabilitation services available