Brookdale Statesman Club

Overview of Ratings

4.6

March 20, 2015

By John103626850

Emeritus was a very nice place. That’s the only one we looked at, and we liked it. The rooms looked good, and the food was really good; they served fresh lunch and dinner. They take them shopping, go to different places, and do a lot of stuff inside. The manager was very cordial, and all the people there just loved her.

September 23, 2014

We also stayed at Statesman Club (Emeritus at Statesman Club) and it was okay except we didn't like the fact that we lived on the second floor. However, the environment was excellent. The facility was clean, and the location was fine.

September 08, 2014

By Carl and Clara

We moved into a retirement home. We chose Statesman Club because it is close to our children. The staff is very caring and very interested. They provide activities, they provide services if you need it, and they're just a good staff. They have very spacious little apartments. They're very well cared for. They do cleaning and upkeep on the rooms once a week. We have three meals a day, including breakfast. The dining room is very open and you sit at tables. They actually have a staff who waits on you, takes your order and brings your food to you. The food is very nutritious. The servings are very proportionate in size. What I like best about this community is the people. The people who live here and the people who run it are very friendly and very helpful if you need them. They have all kinds of activities that you can either choose to participate in or not. My wife enjoys playing bingo. They have a little computer club that I attend. They have all types of activities like that. You choose which ones you want and you go to them. Regarding living environment, I just think it is a nice friendly place.

August 07, 2014

I thought Emeritus was nice. The staff was fine. It just didn't find them as accommodating or organized and it wasn't that they did anything wrong. It just seemed like the other place at it going on. I was not nearly as impressed with the rooms, but it was fine. There was nothing wrong with them, it's just that the one I was looking at was not as large. The halls seemed to be narrower and darker, and my mother-in-law was in a wheelchair. They showed me the dining room, which was adequate. I do know a lady who was staying in Emeritus, she was comfortable and happy there and she liked the food. I believed they had numerous activities. She talked about a bus that took them to place and crafts several times a day. I didn't see any of them, but I guess the residence could be as busy as they chose to be.

June 28, 2014

Emeritus is my number one choice. I really liked it a lot. In the buildings of the residents and the hallways, they have upholstered chairs and tables, and whenever you walk in, you see people congregating and meeting. It was very friendly. A big plus was the outdoor area. They had a pond with paved walkways. You could walk to the public library and post office. They have a studio apartment, but it did not have a complete kitchen, only a refrigerator and oven. They have a salad bar daily. They have heart healthy items on the menu. Their manager is top-notch. It was a bit expensive, though.

September 27, 2013

By Lester1

Emeritus at Statesman Club is a clean and nicely laid out place. The staff are friendly and the management act like they really cared for the residents there. There were really no negative things I found when I visited the place. I was pretty impressed with the facility. I did talk to some people over there and I did not found anyone to be upset about anything.

September 10, 2013

By John68347150

I liked everything about Emeritus. I liked the location, the people and the size of the apartments. I just couldn't afford the price though. The apartments are spacious with a living room and balcony outside. I didn't get the chance to eat there but I saw them eating and what I saw was really nice. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable.

July 30, 2013

By Linda65543450

Emeritus at Statesman Club was absolutely beautiful. It was clean. The landscaping was really attractive and inviting. Inside it was very home like. It didn't seemed like and institution. It was more like a luxury apartment building. The staff was very friendly. I had lunch there and the food was very good. I would highly recommend it though it was a little on the expensive side. But I think their price was compatible with the services that they have. But you would have to avail of those services because they were already paid.

July 11, 2013

By Kaye2

Statesman Club is a little cheaper, a little higher, and closer to where I go to church and everything, about a mile closer. It goes from independent, walk across the little day bridge there with this cute little lake, it's just a beautiful setting with the ducks and everything around and there's the assisted living, and then down the block from there is a huge nursing home.

Let Us Search For You

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None

About Brookdale Statesman Club

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

Independent Living On-Site Personalized Living Option- Assistance with showering, dressing, meal escorts, medication set up and reminders,companionship, personal laundry, errands, transportation, cleaning, and other “personal assistance” tasks on a scheduled basis to maintain resident’s independence and allow them to “age in place”.

Map of Brookdale Statesman Club