Brookdale Statesman Club

10401 Vineyard Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK, 73120

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Statesman Club

Martha46 June 28, 2015

We have signed up at Brookdale Statesman Club (Emeritus at Statesman Club). The surroundings are lovely. It is built on a little lake, and the building is beautiful. The dining room overlooks the lake, and you can dine inside or outside. You just go to the dining room and sit down, and they come to take your order and then serve you. They have white linen tablecloths and linen napkins. The overall surrounding is just very pleasant. Brookdale just bought out Emeritus, so they are coming in now and renovating everything. They are painting the building inside and out, putting in all new wall coverings, new carpets, and everything else. Right now, it looks kind of bare because there are people in there painting, but when they finish, it is going to be beautiful. It was not redecorated when we looked, but we were very impressed.

We took a one-bedroom apartment, but it seemed like a really large one-bedroom, so we are going to have plenty of room for just the two of us. My husband is disabled, and where we live now, if he goes out the front, there are steps. If he goes out the back, there is a rock walkway, and he can't navigate that either with his scooter or his walker, so once we get over there, he is going to be able to just open the door, and go down the hall. There are no steps and no obstructions of any kind to keep him from going where he wants to go, so it is going to be a lot nicer. They come and clean your apartment once a week, strip the linens off your bed, and take your bed linens as well as your towels, and other stuff or work that you may have. They wash those, dry them, and bring them back folded. They also make the beds. They have so many activities, and there is no way we can do it all, but they have such a variety that you can pick and choose what you want to do. You can stay busy 24/7 if you wanted. It is just very nice, and everybody is so friendly. They have all kinds of games -- Dominoes, cards, Bridge, Bingo, and anything you'd want to participate in. They have an indoor swimming pool and fitness instructor-led water exercises for the seniors. They have that 3 times a week. The pool is heated and indoors. They also have outings, and they go to a grocery store about twice or thee times a week. They go to Walmart thrice a week and to some of these other smaller shopping centers. They have all kinds of trips and day trips. Recently there was a day trip to the Oklahoma Museum of Art, they went for a day outing not too long ago to the National Cowboy and Western Heritage, and I think they do overnight trips occasionally. I am excited, and I cannot wait to get there.

Naveda June 15, 2015

Brookdale Statesman Club had a swimming pool and a dog yard. They were redecorating. I am sure it would end up really nice, but it was pretty run down.

John103626850 March 20, 2015

Emeritus was a very nice place. That’s the only one we looked at, and we liked it. The rooms looked good, and the food was really good; they served fresh lunch and dinner. They take them shopping, go to different places, and do a lot of stuff inside. The manager was very cordial, and all the people there just loved her.

Caring98312850 September 23, 2014

We also stayed at Statesman Club (Emeritus at Statesman Club) and it was okay except we didn't like the fact that we lived on the second floor. However, the environment was excellent. The facility was clean, and the location was fine.

Carl and Clara September 08, 2014

We moved into a retirement home. We chose Statesman Club because it is close to our children. The staff is very caring and very interested. They provide activities, they provide services if you need it, and they're just a good staff. They have very spacious little apartments. They're very well cared for. They do cleaning and upkeep on the rooms once a week. We have three meals a day, including breakfast. The dining room is very open and you sit at tables. They actually have a staff who waits on you, takes your order and brings your food to you. The food is very nutritious. The servings are very proportionate in size. What I like best about this community is the people. The people who live here and the people who run it are very friendly and very helpful if you need them. They have all kinds of activities that you can either choose to participate in or not. My wife enjoys playing bingo. They have a little computer club that I attend. They have all types of activities like that. You choose which ones you want and you go to them. Regarding living environment, I just think it is a nice friendly place.

Caring78344050 August 07, 2014

I thought Emeritus was nice. The staff was fine. It just didn't find them as accommodating or organized and it wasn't that they did anything wrong. It just seemed like the other place at it going on. I was not nearly as impressed with the rooms, but it was fine. There was nothing wrong with them, it's just that the one I was looking at was not as large. The halls seemed to be narrower and darker, and my mother-in-law was in a wheelchair. They showed me the dining room, which was adequate. I do know a lady who was staying in Emeritus, she was comfortable and happy there and she liked the food. I believed they had numerous activities. She talked about a bus that took them to place and crafts several times a day. I didn't see any of them, but I guess the residence could be as busy as they chose to be.

Caring95132650 June 28, 2014

Emeritus is my number one choice. I really liked it a lot. In the buildings of the residents and the hallways, they have upholstered chairs and tables, and whenever you walk in, you see people congregating and meeting. It was very friendly. A big plus was the outdoor area. They had a pond with paved walkways. You could walk to the public library and post office. They have a studio apartment, but it did not have a complete kitchen, only a refrigerator and oven. They have a salad bar daily. They have heart healthy items on the menu. Their manager is top-notch. It was a bit expensive, though.

Lester1 September 27, 2013

Emeritus at Statesman Club is a clean and nicely laid out place. The staff are friendly and the management act like they really cared for the residents there. There were really no negative things I found when I visited the place. I was pretty impressed with the facility. I did talk to some people over there and I did not found anyone to be upset about anything.

John68347150 September 10, 2013

I liked everything about Emeritus. I liked the location, the people and the size of the apartments. I just couldn't afford the price though. The apartments are spacious with a living room and balcony outside. I didn't get the chance to eat there but I saw them eating and what I saw was really nice. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable.

Linda65543450 July 30, 2013

Emeritus at Statesman Club was absolutely beautiful. It was clean. The landscaping was really attractive and inviting. Inside it was very home like. It didn't seemed like and institution. It was more like a luxury apartment building. The staff was very friendly. I had lunch there and the food was very good. I would highly recommend it though it was a little on the expensive side. But I think their price was compatible with the services that they have. But you would have to avail of those services because they were already paid.

Kaye2 July 11, 2013

Statesman Club is a little cheaper, a little higher, and closer to where I go to church and everything, about a mile closer. It goes from independent, walk across the little day bridge there with this cute little lake, it's just a beautiful setting with the ducks and everything around and there's the assisted living, and then down the block from there is a huge nursing home.

From Brookdale Statesman Club

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

Features of Brookdale Statesman Club

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Statesman Club