Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch | Independent Living

4490 Mesa Drive, Oceanside, CA, 92056

Contact Now

Reviews of Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch | Independent Living

George C. November 25, 2015

I liked Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch. The staff was very friendly and very competent, and the facility was well located. I get my medical care through the Veterans Administration and that big new Veterans Administration clinic is fairly close by, which was a plus for me. I visited on a Thursday afternoon during a happy hour. I like to dance, and there was a little dancing. It was a fun visit. I liked the place due to the attitude and performance of the staff as well as the facility itself.

Charles114946550 October 29, 2015

Everything is great at Fairwinds. Their food is like restaurant, so you order off a menu. It’s well-maintained, and the people are very nice.

Ralph15 August 12, 2015

The Fairwinds was a little too hustle bustle and noisy. They were going to be starting some remodeling, so that might have contributed to it. It just didn't seem as settled down as the other place was. I had lunch with the coordinator, and it was very good. She was very nice. There were sections that you couldn't go to because they were starting remodeling. It was more expensive, and the parking was very difficult. It was just too noisy and too much activity going on. I want some activity, but I don't want it so busy that it causes confusion.

Chris104970750 June 16, 2015

We saw Fairwinds in Ivey Ranch. They were really nice. It needed to be updated. It was very expensive to live there. Their rooms were too small, but the tenants seemed happy. The staff was so friendly.

Anonymous104555050 April 14, 2015

Fairwinds was very nice, but it was much more expensive than I could afford. The person who accommodated me was very professional, helpful, and nice. The rooms were like the others that I have visited. They were OK and enough for one person. The place was nice and clean. They have activities like bingo and some other games. The people looked happy. It was a friendly place.

The reason why I cannot give them a high rating is because they were on a busy street, and they did not have a garden or a backyard for walking. They were right in the middle of the traffic, and because of that, I would not go in there.

Joann15 February 23, 2015

I have friends that live here at Fairwinds. It was very nice, and I was very impressed. The staff was very nice to me. They showed me several different apartments. We had lunch, and it was very nice. I was very impressed. I was impressed with the building, the food, and with everybody in general. The apartments were adequate. They were small but adequate for one person. The dining area is very nice. It is a large dining room, and they have plenty of help. There is a nice chef that prepares your food. They have a lot of activities. I did not take part in any of them but I saw several. I saw their calendar, and they have things going on every day of the week. There is no reason to be bored there. I have already recommended it to others. The people there are all very nice.

Robin40 December 10, 2014

Mom is in Fairwinds-Ivey Ranch, and she is very happy there. She is in a 2bedroom apartment. The staff here is phenomenal, and they’re very attentive to her needs. She has medication and standby assistance for showering, and the staff is very attentive to her. I live about 40 miles away, and there have been a couple of times that I have not been able to reach her by phone, and they immediately come up to her apartment and check on her.

She is socially engaged; she has two very good friends she plays cards with and socialize with. They have a good variety of food offerings. There are three meals served during the day, and she can enjoy 2/3 of the meals since that’s part of her care plan. They know the residents on a first name basis; there is very personal care.

The building itself is beautiful, landscaping is to perfection, and it’s well maintained. There is limited parking for the residents. There’s a health and wellness facility, a computer lab, and there is a spa if they need to have a bath. It’s a very good facility.

Caring62452350 January 30, 2014

Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch is assisted living. You get your meals, your laundry is done, the maintenance and cleaning; everything is all done for you. They had nice sized rooms. I'd definitely give it a top rating – a five.

Caring0954 September 11, 2013

I visited Fairwinds-Ivey Ranch. They had a bus that took you around and meals prepared for the residents. The living quarters were quite small and there were no balcony. The staff were nice to me.

Drew2 March 27, 2013

Fairwinds is in a great location and it's close to where we live. The environment looks good, it's clean, and it's just 10 years old or less. I thought it was really upper class. It looked like a Marriott Hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They answered all my questions and returned my phone calls. I thought they were very helpful.

Iggy94 June 01, 2012

I thought this environment was great after visiting a handful of different homes where we could possibly put my grandfather in, this one really shot out at us as soon as we walked through the doors. We were greeted by some of the staff and got a free tour, that was completely unplanned. The people working there were extremely generous which wasn't really the case for ALL the other places we visited. We also had the opportunity to go and chat with some of the other folks that had already been living there, we ran into a couple that had been there for nearly five years whom claimed they "LOVED!" the home, and best of all is the food. I was compelled to try it, so I made my way to the cafeteria of course. They had quite an extensive menu, which I thought was perfect for my picky grandfather, he'd love it here I thought, and the best part of the whole thing, was the area in which it was located. It was just 3 miles from my house, walking distance if need be, I make sure to visit him once a week now, and he's loving every minute in that place.

From Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch

Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch, located in beautiful Oceanside, California, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun.?

Live at Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings if you wish. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, play golf nearby, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize or shop with friends, Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Located in the Rancho Del Oro neighborhood of Oceanside, we are near acres of rolling green hills, parks, the El Corazon Senior Center, plenty of near by shopping and minutes from the ocean.

Features of Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Gym, Ballance and Mobility, Dinner with the Marines, Drama Club, jewlry making, flower arranging, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: LIC374601258

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits