Marion Woods

1661 SE 31st St, Ocala, FL, 34471

Reviews of Marion Woods

Jesse088384 October 27, 2016

Marion Woods was the only one that I would consider outstanding, and it would be something that I would be interested in. They were nice, excellent rooms. It’s a relatively new facility and in excellent condition. I had lunch; the food was excellent. The management was excellent. They had real nice pool facilities. There was a little game room and a workout room. It was just a really good place. Unfortunately, I could not afford it.

Tri053566 August 17, 2016

Marion Woods was excellent. The rooms were very nice but a little small. It had a very friendly environment, and the staff was excellent. They had everything you could think of to keep the residents busy.

ArtYEXSG May 11, 2016

I've been in Marion Woods for a month and a half now. It's fine. I don't have any problems or complaints. I am staying in a 150-square-foot apartment with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. They have a little exercise room and a swimming pool and enough things to do. The dining area is fine and homey. They have a lot of decor around the hall like pictures and things like that. It is nice. I play pool and walk, but there are a lot of things to do here.

Mary122742650 March 31, 2016

Marion Woods was actually a very nice facility. The staff was great. They gave us lunch and it was great. They had a swimming pool that the residents could go into. It was just really nice, overall. We really liked it, but it was just out of our price range. They had lots of activities and their dining area was excellent. It was bigger and there were quite a number of people, but it was nice and more like a restaurant atmosphere.

Elizabeth118488450 December 31, 2015

The people at Marion Woods has a lot of spirit. The residents are very active; their morale is great. They focus on keeping the residents together and socializing by having three meals a day where they sit on a small table so everybody can hear each other and talk. They are served by waiters and waitresses so they could just sit and relax. Our initial impression is what made us choose this facility - they are lively and high-spirited. The room is beautiful and spacious. It has a porch overlooking the courtyard. The bathroom is perfect for elderly. There is a sliding glass door going out to the porch. If you need assistance, there is a home health agency who can provide you with that and they have an office located in the building.

Dolores19 October 29, 2015

I am just trying to get some plans made. Since this was in the planning stage, nothing has been decided. I was surprised how much this cost, but Marion Woods was very beautiful and the staff was very nice.

Caring106565650 June 06, 2015

Marion Woods is a very nice place. My mother likes it, and it's a great experience. There are very nice people there. She has been there for a month now.

Anonymous104825150 May 13, 2015

Marion Woods was very pleasant. They had pretty much everything. The rooms and apartments were clean and well kept. They were OK in size. The food was very good. They had quite a bit of activities -- like different types of card games -- and they also had a really cool pool table. They were very hospitable.

Beth34 May 13, 2015

The people were very nice at Marionwoods, but I was disappointed by the upkeep of the place. The paint was peeling near the front door. The staff was very nice. They only had two machines in the exercise area. The dining area looked very nice.

Hi Beth, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that your didn't enjoy your visit at Marion Woods. We agree that our residents deserve to live somewhere that they'd be proud to call home. I've sent your feedback onto our Resident Relations department for further review and action. Please note that you're free to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331 if you have anything else you'd like to add. Thank you for your sincerity, Katie

Bernadette6 April 25, 2015

A friend told me about Marion Woods, so I visited the place. The staff is very good. Their rooms are nice, and their dining room is excellent. Their food is also delicious. I like their decorations and the furnishings. They have swimming, and they play card games. They also have educational classes, a library, and computers.

Caring70065050 February 09, 2015

We found a place called Marion Woods in Ocala Florida. It is a very nice retirement community. The people working there are wonderful. Everybody is very helpful and very good. My mother has a beautiful room. It is a one-bedroom, and it is very nice. The food is excellent, and the dining room is beautiful and clean. Everybody is friendly, helpful, and very good. The safety is great. She got to wear a necklace with a button. If she falls, somebody is there immediately. It is very nice, and I'm happy with the security as well as the safety.

cashasko July 31, 2014

Marion Woods was the one we were crazy about. They were just getting ready to open up an Alzheimer’s unit. Their rooms were very roomy and you have a choice in terms of how you want it laid out. The price depended on the type of room you have. They also had a pool. The staff were exceptional. They met us at the door, had lunch with us, and spent lots of time answering questions. The food was VERY good.

Susan73424750 April 21, 2014

Marion Woods was very nice with very good food. You had your own apartment with a kitchen and one bedroom. You had a call bell if you needed to call a nurse. They would do your washing too, if you needed. They sub-contract their healthcare out, so they provided food, did laundry, and change bedsheets. They also had their own bus. A disabled neighbor who was legally blind had his cousin from Pennsylvania come down and helped him moved in when his mama died. He was very happy there. However, I don't think he had friends or family to take him out overnight for a change. He had been there about 6 or 7 years, and he liked it a lot. He's not tired of it. He enjoyed it, and it was just was he needed. They had activities like healthcare seminars. They probably had bingo. They had a community room where maybe some of the ladies do some needle point. They had a library, a card table where you could sit down and play cards. It had a nice area, so if you were steady on your feet, you could take a nice little walk.

Caring66976850 April 11, 2014

I had lunch at Marion Woods with the residents, and the food selection was very well done. They had a wide selection of whatever they want. They all seemed pretty content. The room that I was looking at was an efficiency. It was well-decorated. The shower and the bath was a good size. They had an activities chart. They showed me that on the wall, of things that happened throughout the day. They showed us a couple of rooms, like a day room where they had TV and they played bingo and stuff, so that was pretty good.

Dee12 March 27, 2014

Marion Woods had about everything that we asked for and needed. It is a very nice facility, and, in fact, I would go there myself. The staff are very helpful and very nice people. They have a room that has exercise equipment, but I didn?t see anybody using that room. I saw people sitting around and playing cards. The residents looked very much at home and enjoyed being there. That makes it very inviting for me.

Caring80790650 March 26, 2014

Marion Woods is very nice. I liked the people, the dining facilities, and all rooms have balconies with a nice view of the pool. We looked at the studio and one bedroom, and they were all very nice. The staff was nice and showed my mother around. They had a library, movies, bus trips, shopping, pool tables and a beauty parlor. They had everything she would need.

Caring66617850 December 13, 2013

Our family recommended Marion Woods so we visited it. The place was not really new; it seemed like it is a 15 year old facility. It was nice but expensive. The location was good. It’s near our family, hospitals are there and shopping is easy too. Meals are provided which is good. We are not yet ready to take this place.

James69555650 December 13, 2013

The rooms at Marion Woods are great. They have a nice dining room. Their food is great, they give you some choices. They have a swimming pool. They have card playing and all kinds of activities.

Robert B.1 December 01, 2013

I visited Marion Woods. It’s a little out of my price range. They don’t have a nursing or medical doctor on site. I’m getting an unfurnished unit and the rooms were very nice. The staff were very polite and helpful. We had a couple of meals there and they were satisfactory. The dining area was pleasant too.

Pat38 November 30, 2013

Marion Woods is a beautiful place. It's stunning. I would absolutely have a loved one lived there. I was very, very impressed by the Holiday facility. The rooms were beautiful and are of good size. The food was good. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. I definitely would recommend this place. They have many activities. I saw a good activity calendar and lots of things for the people to do.

Sherry18 September 12, 2013

It was clean. It had all the amenities that you could possibly want. The rooms were equally beautiful and well maintained. The meals were delicious. The people were very happy.

Jim17 May 31, 2013

My brother is in Marion Woods and I think it's a pretty good place. It is a clean place.

From Marion Woods

Marion Woods is located in Ocala, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Marion Woods for a visit...and stay!

Features of Marion Woods