The Lake Merritt - Independent Senior Living

1800 Madison Street, Oakland, CA, 94612

Reviews of The Lake Merritt - Independent Senior Living

Marcia14 January 28, 2014

I have been living at The Lake Merritt- Independent Senior Living since July 14, 2013. Prior to that I visited several other places in the East Bay. There were several reasons why I chose The Lake Merritt. The "hotel was originally built in 1927 and is a lovely, restored Art Deco building. It is much smaller than the other places I saw- only 46 residents. The move-in fee is a fraction of that required at other places. The food is excellent, served in a beautiful restaurant, The Terrace Room, which is open to the public and has panoramic views of Lake Merritt. They offer intellectual and cultural stimulation plus transportation. Another resident told me that the reason he likes The Lake Merritt is that residents are intellectual, progressive, and caring. The staff is friendly and efficient. The thing I like best about being here is the location. It is right across the street from Lake Merritt with walking paths and beautiful birds. It is far less than a mile from the main library, post office, downtown senior center, Oakland Museum, several BART stations and shopping. My children urged me to move in when I sold my house in Mendocino County. I am glad I did!

Bob83860750 January 23, 2014

I really appreciate my fellow residents at the Lake Merritt. They are intelligent, progressive and caring. We enjoy spending time with each other and have developed meaningful friendships here. This is a big reason I feel so comfortable with the community here.

From The Lake Merritt - Independent Senior Living

YOUR NEW HOME ON THE LAKE - Small and Intimate Yet Grand

Our special one-of-a-kind independent lifestyle community is designed for older adults who want to remain active and engaged in life, yet are ready for an easier lifestyle. Now, residents can have more time and energy for the things they really enjoy: family members and grandchildren, outings with friends and outside interests and activities. At The Lake Merritt, residents will discover a new community of people to enjoy life with.

• Large beautiful apartment homes, many with views of the lake, designed for vibrant gracious living with Art Deco touches
  • Delicious food featuring fresh, healthy, restaurant-quality dining at our Terrace Room Restaurant, which is open to the public.
  • Unique programming, and services including 24-hour on-site concierge.
  • Scheduled transportation within 8 miles
  • Home Care partners available to help as you "age in place."

Dining that is different than all the rest!

• Every day our residents dine in our stunning restaurant with an unparalleled view: The Terrace Room.
  • Residents enjoy delicious meals prepared by our dedicated culinary team.
  • Our restaurant is open to the public bringing extra enjoyment to daily living.
  • The atmosphere is welcoming, intergenerational and reflective of the greater community.
  • Meals are prepared with seasonally-fresh, locally-sourced meats and produce.
  • The bar and lounge area offers a great place to entertain family and friends.
  • Residents receive quality restaurant dining services and special menu options.
  • The Terrace Room can provide meals with reduced sodium, reduced fat, low sugar and will assist with other special dietary needs.

Features of The Lake Merritt - Independent Senior Living

• Features extra: lake front viewing and walking path; gym; library; media room ; and spa

Location of The Lake Merritt - Independent Senior Living