The Talbot on Granby

6311 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA, 23505

Reviews of The Talbot on Granby

August 28, 2014

I visited a place called Talbot. It was more like a building where each person had their own room, but they came down to a central dining hall. The hallway is what made it look more of an apartment complex or a condominium building instead of a building that was part of a hospital. It had carpeting as opposed to tile floors. It just had a different feel to it that made it seem more homey. A nurse runs it and she's also a social worker. She showed me around and showed me the dining area. They have a movie theater, an exercise room, and a pool. She showed me an example of the room which was really nice and described what it was like to be there. To me it was a very nice place, a little bit pricey but when you get to where you need a higher level of assistance than what my father needs, then that's a possible place for him to go.

November 05, 2013

By David78653050

Six weeks ago, my in-laws moved into your fantastic retirement home, The Talbot on Granby in Norfolk, VA. My wife and I have not seen them happier in the past twelve years since they moved from their home town and retired in Norfolk. Prior to their move to The Talbot, they lived in a lovely apartment complex, but one that had few retirees. From the very first time they visited The Talbot, they had a terrific feeling about it - and their feelings proved to be correct. Every staff member they have had contact with has been warm, caring and professional - from the office to the maintenance to restaurant staff! Additionally, my in-laws have thoroughly enjoyed the plethora of activities offered - they feel like they are away at camp. Apparently, Five Star Senior Living has learned all of the winning ways of running a retirement facility; the company should take great pride in knowing The Talbot on Granby is a super star player on its team!

August 13, 2013

By Eisenbach

I moved my mother into this community and she has never been happier. She is a widow and very lonely at home. She now seems like her old self again and wishes she had moved in sooner. She was worried about having to get rid of her things, but the apartments are so large, she was able to bring everything she wanted. My mother is so happy that we are now talking to her sister to move there also.

Photos of The Talbot on Granby

Features of The Talbot on Granby

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pets: Small Pets

About The Talbot on Granby

The Talbot on Granby is Norfolk's newest and only full service senior independent living community with twelve unique one, two, and three bedroom apartments to choose from. The Talbot offers the most spacious independent living apartments in the area as well as the most competitive pricing. Our social calendar is full of exciting activities.

Leave the burden of home ownership behind you and take your retirement to a new level. You will soon be enjoying the lifestyle you've always wanted in a caring and secure environment. Explore new interests and make new friends. Leave the work to us. Allow us to prepare your meals, do the housekeeping and take care of your transportation needs.

There is no buy-in at this community. Rent payment is simply one bill including all services, except your telephone. At The Talbot on Granby, fine dining is included. Enjoy hot served breakfasts and gourmet dinners prepared by Chef Isaacs and his staff. Join in the fun with complimentary drinks during social hour in our on-site pub. The community also features a fitness center, heated swimming pool, library, in house theater, and a beauty salon/barber shop, all conveniently located on site.

Live life to its fullest at The Talbot on Granby. Contact us today to schedule a personal tour.

Map of The Talbot on Granby