Reviews of Glen Saint Andrew Living Community
Minnie Mouse 1991 November 14, 2016
I visited this facility
Visited Glen Saint Andrew for my brother. Loved everything, however, the room that was available was really a bit smaller than we had anticipated. Liked the idea that he would be receiving 3 meals a day 7 days a week. Liked the idea that we would not have a stove in his room, however, would be able to put a frig in it. Was hoping that we would have been able to see more rooms, however, they were in the "remodeling" stages and unable to do so. Would definitely recommend this place to someone that needs an affordable place to live, should anyone ask.
Anonymous115537250 November 25, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My father is in Glen Saint Andrew. It's a complete facility with independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing. He has been wonderful there. They have three good meals a day, and the room is sufficient for what he needs. They have a men's club, exercise, mass every day at a chapel for Catholic masses, an ice cream parlor that's open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, movies in the evenings and discussions, and a free bus from Niles that comes and takes people to shopping areas in the neighborhood, plus another bus that will help you go to your doctor if you need to. He's been in therapy for balance three times a week.
Annette15 April 20, 2015
I visited this facility
Glen Saint Andrew seemed institutionalized, and the rooms were very small. It’s an old facility, and you look at the cemetery; I don’t think that would be so great. They were very clean, and I think they would be good for somebody who has limited funds. I would not put my mother here.
From Glen Saint Andrew Living Community
Glen St. Andrew Living Community is a close-knit community. The well skilled staff provide the assistance needed for residents to successfully fulfill daily living skills while respecting each individual’s needs, independence and privacy without jeopardizing the care and safety required. Specializing in memory care for individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, the community provides a secure environment with engaging activities to assist residents in maintaining a quality lifestyle.
In addition to the 24-hour awake staff providing monitoring of their residents, other amenities to note include:
- Three meals daily
- Both indoor and outdoor common areas, gardens, beautiful onsite chapel
- Comprehensive library
- Tremendous TV/projection room
- Skilled around-the-clock RN and LPN staffing
- Onsite rehabilitation visits by skilled occupational, physical and speech/language therapists
- Onsite beautician
- Hospice care, respite care
- Activity coordinator planning appropriate and engaging activities both onsite and offsite
Features of Glen Saint Andrew Living Community
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- We charge an entry fee
- Minimum rate: $1,126/month
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Medicare Provider Number: 14E301
- Financial guidance extra: Anti-wandering safety computer technology utilized community-wide Obtaining five star ratings in Registered Nursing Care, Facility Quality Measures and Overall Rating, residents and family members can feel secure and worry-free about living at Glen St. Andrew.
Location of Glen Saint Andrew Living Community
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities