Reviews of Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield
Judy567404 October 07, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
Elderwood Residences is very clean and has tons of activities for the people. They take the people places, if they want to get out and they can’t drive, and if they can drive they are free to come as long as they please. The food is delicious, and the people are very friendly. The staff goes out of their way to help the residents.
DavidIOLWV May 11, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We ended up with Elderwood. I like the management, assistant management, and the general manager; the cleanliness; and conveniences, like they serve dinner every night if the resident is interested and clean once a week. It is also in a nice location near my home within walking distance, so my brother can walk to my house anytime he wants. They have movies and card games. He is very happy there. It’s a little pricey, though.
Ralph13 May 06, 2015
I visited this facility
We went to Crestwood, and we already have our name on the list. The waiting list is about three to four months long. Our overall experience is good. The activities were good; they have bingo. They have both independent and assisted living, and the residents are very happy.
Caring92901950 September 11, 2014
I am a friend or relative of a resident
The apartments at Elderwood Senior Care had a living area, a stove, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, and either two bedrooms or one bedroom -- whichever you want. The sanitation is excellent. They have a dining room across the street where you can get a meal for $10.00 and take it back home. It is very nicely decorated and the lighting is good. They come in and clean the house once a week. They also make your bed and take care of the garbage.
From Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield
BENEFITS AND SERVICES
- Rent month-to-month, with no upfront investment, association fees or lease requirements.
- Beautiful, spacious one- and two-bedroom patio homes and apartments – available for active, independent people over 62.
- Elegant, restaurant-style meals served in our dining room.
- Modern kitchen and appliances.
- Scheduled transportation services.
- 24/7 security and built-in emergency response system.
- Busy social calendar.
- Space available to reserve for private gatherings.
- Family members welcome for overnight and extended stays.
- Meticulously landscaped grounds.
- Exercise room.
- Friendly staff will water plants and check on your home when you’re away.
- Patio homes equipped with washer and dryer.
- Easy access to laundry facilities on each wing of the apartment building.
- Part of Elderwood’s continuum of care – if needed, assisted living, skilled nursing and short-term rehab are right next door.
What Makes Us Special
Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield is a unique patio home and apartment community designed for independent seniors who want to enjoy retirement living, but avoid the commitments of home ownership.
Features of Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield
- Minimum Rate $2288/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra Cottages
- In Room Kitchens
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Resident Transportation
- Coffee Shop
- Party Space
- General Store
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Features Extra 24 Hour Security, Lawn Care, All Maintenance And Repairs, Built In Emergency Response System
- Laundry For Linens
- Private Cleaning Services
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Book Clubs
- Tai Chi
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Guest Parking
- Guests At Mealtime
- Overnight Guests
- Staff Patient Ratio 62
- Minimum Age 62
- Pets Small Pets Allowed
Location of Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities