Brookdale Battery Park

455 North End Avenue, New York, NY, 10282

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Battery Park

Michael94114050 September 08, 2014

My wife's aunt has been living at Hallmark Battery Park for three months now. She has a large room with a kitchen and a private bath. The rooms are really nice. It's an open living room/bedroom area. We were not able to eat, but she likes it. They have a lot of fresh fruits. She can do things she want to, but with her age of 97 she's limited with activities. They are doing physical therapy for her though.

Caring9369 August 27, 2014

Hallmark of Battery Park City was beautiful. It was very modern and cozy. I found the place very comfortable and nice. I like this place because you have your privacy and you have your bathroom there. You share a room but you have separate bedrooms. You only share the kitchenette and the living room. It has a beautiful porch out. The staff treated me very well.

Caring85269850 May 21, 2014

I thought very highly of Hallmark. The staff was very caring and responsible. The rooms were very nice and very well laid out. They have many activities, including a lot of cultural ones, and the cultural side seems to be their specialty. The only problem with them is that they're expensive.

Caring83237050 April 30, 2014

We looked at places in New York, and I liked The Hallmark. It was very nice. I think it was newly built. The people were very nice. The apartment was lovely; it was kind of a hotel atmosphere. A very nice area of the city. I think you feel very safe there. It was very well set up.

The staff was very professional, very helpful. The people got together and could put on their own little song and dance reviews. They also had arts and crafts and swimming. They had a patio with outdoor cookouts.

I would say it's a great location. There were food stores you could walk to and services. When you rounded the building, you were right by a park that looks out on the Hudson River. It was more affordable for her.

Lora4 March 31, 2014

I'm in a wheelchair; I can't walk. The rooms at Hallmark Battery Park were bigger, and you could use your wheelchairs in the dining room. The staff was lovely. The maintenance was lovely; it was very clean. The rules were more relaxed.

Caring75763150 January 31, 2014

The Hallmark of Battery Park City is spotless. It's an excellent place. They are very nice and clean. People seemed pleasant. The room ranges from a studio to two bedrooms. This facility has a swimming pool and they seemed very well equipped. They run a very good program there.

Caring77089850 January 31, 2014

I had mom and dad at home, but I did visit Hallmark Battery Park when I was looking a facility for them. Everything in the facility was very neat and cordial. The staff were very friendly and professional. I noticed that they have a good nursing staff on board. The rooms were okay; space-wise not so much. Ventilation-wise, the temperature setting was good. I have no complaints if that is the place that I would be.

Caring07891 September 19, 2013

Hallmark Battery Park seems to be a good facility for my relative. He is comfortable there. The place is very clean. The staff is very attentive. He has all the amenities that he was looking for. He has a nice-sized room. So far, so good. I haven't heard any complaints from him.

Caring06131 June 23, 2013

I'm 78 years old and I had a stroke just before Christmas, so I'm still recuperating and I don't remember very much about the time we visited Hallmark in New York. I just remembered that the staff were all very friendly, kind and very helpful. They also have good programs there too, a lot going has been going on in that community. Everything though was very nice, the rooms, the food, etc.

Linda62602550 May 31, 2013

I visited Hallmark Battery Park and I would love to live here, but I can't afford the place. There was a very welcoming atmosphere, very clean, and very caring. I found it very comfortable. I'm very sad because I can't be part of it.

Tina8 March 28, 2013

Hallmark was like a 5 star hotel. It was very clean and pretty, with beautiful artwork. Everybody there seemed to be happy that they're staying there. Also, the gathering area wherever everyone went was beautiful. At the time of our visit, there was a Christmas carol activity, and everybody got engaged with what was happening at the time. However, I didn't feel excited about the floor where the patients needing much more care were at. It was a little bit depressing for me. However, overall, it was still a beautiful facility.

ladymacca9 December 22, 2012

First of all, the Hallmark is practically like a five star hotel. The building is immaculate and the common areas are so beautiful. The dining area and the pool are breath-taking. It is not your stereotypical assisted living facility. The staff was also very nice and knowledgeable. My friend loves it and had no complaints.

juala3 December 22, 2012

I thought this facility was very nice in many ways. It was clean and well kept, the residents there seemed very well taken care of. The location of this facility is also prime- downtown NYC in a beautiful tree lined area that is much quieter than the rest of the city. A very nice area to be near parks, the river, etc. They were very receptive to my coming in to volunteer some time and I was glad of it. I have heard that other places are hesitant to let people in.

kkkmc October 13, 2012

The provider was one of the best that I have ever met before. The staff there were friendly, they kept he places clean. Amentities were great given the amount of money we spend. The conditions overally were good and I would love to stay there again if I have a chance.

Ashley L September 20, 2012

I used to visit this facility because my gandmother was a member there for about 3 years.One of the best things i found about hallmark battery park is that the staff is excellent , they were very friendly towards me and took excellent care oI my gra who was ther for about three yearss , the security over there is very impressive too along with it the surrouundings consists of lot of grennery and a quiet environment but the negative point is that it seems very expensive and it dosen't quite fit our budjet . Also, it was absolutely gorgeous from the inside, in fact it looked similar to a hotel rather than a retirement home. Everybody was really nice, I am not sure if that is because they knew we were touring or they are just like that normally. However, the people inside also seemed happy and there was just a rather positive vibe in general. Definitely recommend this facility as it seemed to have great location, facilities, help, and people seemed happy there.

dten1989 September 18, 2012

My girlfriend's grandmother was here for only a few months. She didn't like the IDEA of an home like that, but she did admit the people were nice. I noticed how helpful the staff were and how nice they treated the adults even when they did not know we were looking. Our visits were a little longer than I think most others usually are. It was a clean facility (my grandmother was in one about a decade ago and this one was nicer). We ate there on one of our visits. The food was better than hospital food, but nothing too fancy. I found the facility an overall decent place with a happier atmosphere than one would expect out of this type of facility

Elana1 August 27, 2012

The Hallmark in Battery Park City, New York is a wonderful assisted living community. Upon walking in, you notice the wonderful decor in the front main lobby. There are residents among the employees and as you look around there seems to be a calming atmosphere. Many of the residents are seen enjoying themselves while playing a variety of games including bingo, various board games and even bowling in the center's bowling alley! In addition, there is a center movie theater where residents can attend to watch a movie every evening after dinner. The rooms that the residents live in are quite spacious and are very uniquely designed. They have a modern yet classical touch to them and have easily accessible amenities within the room, including an intercom system that connects to various departments within the assisted living facility. The main dining hall is reminiscent of a grand dining restaurant. The chairs are upholstered and everything is very immaculate. The service is quite impeccable and the staff is extremely helpful and caring. They are there through every step of the way and truly care for the residents. This assisted living facility is wonderful in every aspect and is highly recommended.

porsnol facility August 27, 2012

The residence may assist in arranging the appropriate medical, health, and dental care services for each resident. The resident generally chooses his or her medical doctor and dental services.Residents who have periods of temporary incapacity due to illness, injury, or recuperation from surgery often are allowed to remain in the residence or to return from a rehabilitation center, skilled nursing facility or hospital if appropriate services can be provided by the assisted living residence. It is important to remember that assisted living residences are a bridge between living at home and living in a nursing home. Assisted living residences do not typically provide the level of continuous skilled nursing care found in nursing homes and hospitals.More recently built facilities are designed with an emphasis on ease of use for disabled people. Bathrooms and kitchens are designed with wheelchairs and walkers in mind. Hallways and doors are extra-wide to accommodate wheelchairs. These facilities are by necessity fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) or similar legislation elsewhere.The socialization aspects of ALFs are very beneficial to the occupants. Normally the facility has many activities scheduled for the occupants, keeping in mind different disabilities and needs.Many ALFs also serve the needs of the mentally ill community, primarily people with some form of dementia including Alzheimer's disease, but also others as long as they do not present an imminent danger to themselves or others. In the United States, legislation enacted by each state defines not only the level of care, but often what conditions are prohibited from being cared for in such a home.

zmiuk July 11, 2012

The facility was very nice. It facility was very well maintained. the staff was very friendly, accommodating, patient, nice, helpful and understanding. The staff was very friendly towards me even though i was just visiting. The appearance of the building though old looked pretty clean and secure from the inside. I live far away but keep visiting on and off. I am pleased with the service my relative is receiving and am glad to see that they take good care and are careful about his eating healthy and medicines. The only other thing I would like to say is that the only thing about facilities is that you have to keep an eye out for a relative or a closed one so that if they have any problem they can report to you as soon as possible and it is easier for you to even move them to another facility. That is the reason I chose a facility in the same city. A facility is very much dependent on the staff and that very much depends on who they hire and what the person's nature is like. that is why it is very important to make sure to keep in contact with the person in the facility to make sure that they have no problem there whatsoever.

dmason July 06, 2012

Well one aspect of Hallmark that I was pleased with was the security. There were polite and pleasant employees there who confirmed that I was family, there was a thought scratching the back of my head that believed my mama was in some sort of danger by simply being in New York, but it is safe to say I am very content with her safety. The place continued to delight me and dispel all my worries by having fantastic nurses and great food! Along with being very clean I was very happy my mother had chosen this place for her mother. More satisfying than my satisfaction was my grandma's, she seemed very happy and to my relief not bored or agitated. The rooms are very well furnished with comfortable chairs and couches along with games, books and television. Also the facilities are handicap accessible and in my opinion has better views of any of the homes in New Jersey.

Michael Jones July 05, 2012

Hallmark Battery Park is the finest Long-Term Assisted living place, which I have ever seen. The Short-Term Respite Care is provided by experienced and high qualified staff. Individual servicesare aslo available for seniors who of course need it. The place is really amazing and seniors are always happy there.The view is is impeccable you have to see it the flowers, plants are gorgeous. Hallmark Battery Park provides for residents with three meals daily in a family-style setting, The dining room is designed with highest standarts of interior design .Dietary specialists of Hallmark Battery Park, accommodate all of our residents special dietary needs along with nutritious snacks.Beside of this, Hallmark Battery Park has a variety of social activities and an abundance of amenities, which distinguish them from other assisted living facilitiesSocial activity program is planned for all residents individually or in a group, the have opportunities to celebrate holidays, havesome social events and get together when they want. I think that the staff love what they do. They just love people and are eager to provide help and assistance for them. It's very important that our seniors get excellent care and assistance, when they need it.

Larry36532 June 30, 2012

The security was pretty nice and the elevator was pretty decent as well. The window also had a nice view, if that adds up to anything. What I really like about this family facility is the quietness inside and outside the building. The neighborhood surrounding the family facility is nice and the quiet; the perfect setting for the elders.

borce May 15, 2012

very nice clean and caring

Jeffrey23 March 28, 2012

Hallmark in Battery Park is a good place to send your loved ones. The staff is very kind and good. The rooms, in my opinion, are very nice,quiet, up to date, and clean considering that it is located in New York City. Also, loved the scene around Hallmark. It is very quiet and peaceful to listen and get away from the busy tempo of New York City.

iamyours September 29, 2011

Hallmark in Battery Park is an overall good place to send your loved ones when they reach that "certain age". The staff is very good, always making sure to give full attention to my friend Steve, a long term resident there. They don't start out so caring, but once you get to know them you learn to like them and their ways. The rooms, in my opinion, are very nice and specious, considering that it is in New York City. The rooms are in fact bigger than most hotel rooms in the city! The other residents are very nice, but just like any other assisted living facility, you will get a broad spectrum of people working there. Steve really likes the food there, and has rarely complained about it. One time though, I heard someone got food poisoning, which kind of gave me and Steve alike "heeby-jeebies." I recommend this place to anyone in search of a good assisted living facility.

NewYawkah July 30, 2011

The seniors quarters is a high rise assisted living in New York, New York. The views from the windows are of Battery Park and the Upper Bay of Manhattan. Inside, its clean and a friendly environment. My Grandmother chose to live there and has for the last 3 years. She has been happy and healthy.

Michael12 July 11, 2011

this facility delivers a high amount of care for the residents Each individual resident has the support 7 days a week 24 hours a day. The staff members are friendly with the obligation of concerns for your love one. The staff also gives the residents activities to do such as attending church, going to malls, movie theaters, fishing, and more. During my visit i saw a nurse cutting the hair off one of the residents. The resident and his didn't have enough money to afford it so the staff member took the liberty into doing it for free. I really enjoyed my visit here at this assisted living facility. We need more like this

TwoFred June 24, 2011

I was part of a volunteer group and one of the things we did was tour a few senior homes in the area. The Hallmark facility at Battery Park was actually rather fantastic compared to some of the other facilities I saw. It is firstly in a great area which makes it very appealing. Also, it was absolutely gorgeous from the inside, in fact it looked similar to a hotel rather than a retirement home. Everybody was really nice, I am not sure if that is because they knew we were touring or they are just like that normally. However, the people inside also seemed happy and there was just a rather positive vibe in general. Definitely recommend this facility as it seemed to have great location, facilities, help, and people seemed happy there.

DagnyGiga June 23, 2011

Ids say this was one of the best and nicest living facilities that I have ever visited. Not only is this facility in the best city, New York, but it's in a great neighborhood as well. The outside building looks very sophisticated and well kept. Once you walk inside the security office addresses any problems and questions that you may desire. The floors and bathrooms were spotless clean. The food was actually really good, probably kosher and gourmet. The people living there were all in good moods carrying out with their daily activities. Overall this place is where one should be if he desires assisted living.

EwaAnd June 23, 2011

On my short tour to the Hallmark Battery Park facility, I felt as if I was in a luxurious mansion, with very well experienced staff and faculty. Though the building isn't really new looking, what's inside is all that matters. The furniture was top class and all the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The facility even has many attractions to its inhabitants including an Olympic sized pool, brand new fitness center and equipment, billiards, and arts and crafts studio, and wellness clinic. I would recommend this facility to any senior citizen who wants to live in luxury. This is truly a highly recommended senior living experience.

FindlSnowboard June 02, 2011

Visited this facility

I recently toured the Hallmark Battery Park Senior Home, an upper scale senior home located in Manhattan, and I was very impressed by what the facility had to offer. The first thing I noticed upon entering the establishment was the decor- which was top notch to say the least. The building is elegantly decorated, very clean and, for the most part, bright and cheerful throughout. The staff at Hallmark is very professional and friendly; they treated both me and my father respect during the length of our stay. This retirement home is rather expensive, however, but once you visit you'll quickly understand why. You're money is paying for quality of life and professionalism at Hallmark and if you choose this retirement home for your loved one, you'll get what you paid for.

From Brookdale Battery Park

The Towers on Park Lane provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Battery Park

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Full activity calendar

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Battery Park