Redwood Retirement Residence

2350 Redwood Rd, Napa, CA, 94558

Reviews of Redwood Retirement Residence

Laura49 January 09, 2015

Redwood Retirement is nicely located. They can walk across the street to a very nice market. After the earthquake, it has huge cracks on the wall. My friend who used to stay there said that she had bed bugs in her room. They paid for an exterminator, and that doesn't strike me as clean. She was happy before she found out about the beg bugs. She didn't care for the food that much. She also said that people don't like the activities. It was more comfortable for her to sit in her room reading and have her friends visit. I know all of the staff, and I think they are very friendly.

Hi Laura, First, thank you for your sincere feedback. I'm Katie - I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I'm very sorry that your friend had a negative experience at Redwood Retirement. I would certainly hope that her experience with bedbugs was an isolated incident, but, if you know of anyone who had a similar experience at Redwood, or have noticed any other cleanliness concerns, please call Home Office directly at 1-800-370-8331. My most sincere apologies once again.

Caring87742150 December 12, 2014

My mother is at Redwood. It is excellent. My mother has been there for three years, and it is a very good place. She is really content there. It is secure. The people are nice. I like it. I haven't tried eating there, but I think the food is fine according to my mom. The activities are good. They have a really wonderful social director. She isn't there all the time. My mother would like it if she was there everyday, but when she is there, things are really good. Security and safety seems good.

Kristin3 December 07, 2014

We settled on Redwood Retirement Residence, and it’s working out well. My mom has been there sinceJuly, the community is very friendly, and it’s in a wonderful location in downtown Napa. It’s actually pretty convenient. The rooms are a little bit small if you have a studio, so it’s not like you expect a lot. When somebody is in a studio, you’d expect them to have a big closet, so I would say the closet is the problem. The bathroom is large, and because of the earthquake they are doing a whole remodel. She is happy there. The community really bonded together; it was great. They bonded together and help each other through it, and they kept cooking the whole time and feeding everybody.

My mom said they had a wonderful beef stew that night for dinner, and she was impressed that they were able to pull it all off. The staff is super nice; my mom actually has had some health issues, and they help me like checking the room making sure she is OK. They have been super helpful and supportive, and they are going to keep an eye on my mom. We also liked it here because this company owns 300 other residences, and she can travel to any of them for free and eat there for free which is kind of a nice little perk if you are on the younger end. They go on trips to wineries and places to San Francisco and stuff like that.

David1026 November 05, 2014

Last year we checked out Redwood. It was nice, and they had a nice facility. The place is excellent. It is by a shopping center. The rooms were very nice; it’s a 1200 square feet.

Sandy35 July 23, 2014

Redwood Retirement was friendly, and the people were actively busy. The lunch was delicious. The staff, Carol, was very patient and very sweet. I liked the facility, but it was beyond our reach.

Caring85538350 July 23, 2014

We put my mom in Redwood Retirement Residence three months ago. The place is really nice and clean. It's also in a good location, and my mom is enjoying there. She gets out and about in the facility. They also have very exceptional staff.

Caring80189250 April 12, 2014

The people who are living at Redwood Retirement are very friendly, which is a nice thing. The staff has been very nice to keep in touch. I had a couple of meals there, and that was very well-prepared. The accommodations were nice too. They completely redo the rooms when someone new comes in, which is certainly a good thing. I was able to read the list of activities, and they seemed to have good activities.

LHawker August 20, 2013

Following visits to 5 Independent and Assisted Care facilities, my mother ended up selecting the Redwood Retirement Community in Napa, CA. She is making the transition from a sister community in Auburn, CA, The Oaks of Auburn, which is identical in every way to her new home. The managers and sales representatives are helpful and delighted to help my mom make a positive transition to live in our home community.

DPR July 06, 2012

The food at Redwood Retirement for most of the last year has been atrocious. Meals were not prepared well and fresh ingredients were not always used. A new chef has been hired recently and food service has improved significantly. There are plenty of activities hosted by the staff, including Bingo and exercise. The activities director, in my opinion, does a very good job keeping residents active and entertained. They have a hairdresser and manicurist/pedicurist on staff. New managers have been hired no less than 3 times over the last year. Why they have left or been let go is a mystery to me. The building and landscaping are quite attractive. There is a very nice shaded walking path around the building and a sitting area in front adjacent to a large fountain. My grandmother pays close over $2500 per month, which is more than double what a medium-high quality apartment in town would cost. She has also commented on the poor health of many residents, complaining that Redwood Retirement seems to be becoming more of an assisted-living facility than a retirement community for autonomous individuals. As such she intends to move out shortly.

From Redwood Retirement Residence

Redwood Retirement Residence is located in Napa, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Redwood Retirement Residence for a visit...and stay!

Features of Redwood Retirement Residence

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room