Standiford Place

3420 Shawnee Dr, Modesto, CA, 95350

Reviews of Standiford Place

Patricia117774550 December 17, 2015

Standiford Place is absolutely wonderful. The staff is lovely. They invited me to have lunch, and I saw an entertainment in the afternoon. It was absolutely lovely. If I have to go someplace, I would love to go there. I could not see anything that I didn’t like about it.

Anonymous113657350 September 30, 2015

I had a bad experience with Standiford Place. They put me in a room under the kitchen and the dining room, which was on the 3rd floor. So starting from about 4:30 in the morning, there were noises that went on all day. They did not clean the apartment. They come in, run the sweeper around a little bit, and wipe off the sink, but if you really want your apartment clean, you have to hire somebody to clean it. The worst thing was the food. They had really good entertainment. I did not experience any problems with the staff.

Hi, My name is Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, let me share that I am so very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Standiford Place. As someone who loves food, I can only imagine how disheartening it must be to not enjoy meals. We are in the process of making some very significant changes to our Dining & Hospitality department, and value resident feedback. If you have any specifics about the menu to share, we'd love to hear them, even though you are no longer a resident. Feel free to call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 if you have any specific menu recommendations. Thanks, Katie

Cassandra2 September 07, 2015

At Standiford Place, I like that my mother-in-law can still have activities and do things on her own there. The facilities are beautiful. The grounds are really nice. My mother-in-law's apartment is a modern one-bedroom apartment. It has a really great size living room. Her shower is set up for easy access because it is hard for her to get in and out of shower. Dining is actually very good. My husband and I have had a few meals there, and the food is very good. My mother-in-law is on a strict diet, and they have a lot of options for her there everyday. We're pretty happy with everything. Everything is great.

Anonymous111090450 August 21, 2015

Standiford Place was very nicely furnished. We had lunch there, and we were not thrilled with the food. The building and the people were very nice.

Lawrence15 June 29, 2015

I am a resident of Standiford Place for two years now. It's a nice place. The people and the management are very friendly. They have some extra fees if you want to move in, and they charge you full month's rent extra and follow-up community fees, which I don't like. If there's an empty place and you want to move to a different apartment, they charge you a fee for that even though it didn't cost them anything to move, which I also don't like.

They take care of the premises. All in all, it's a nice place to stay. It's cheaper than some of the other places they have in town. I'm in a one-bedroom apartment, which is pretty good sized. It has one bathroom and shower, pretty good closet space, computer desk, two dressers, a lounge chair, bookshelves, a loveseat, a computer stand, a sink, a microwave, and a small refrigerator. They have card games, musicians and singing groups come in, and they take people out to dinner, but you have to buy your own. They have a bus, but not a handicap bus which is a little disappointing. Some of the people are in wheelchairs, and they can't go on the bus. Overall, they have a nice staff, and they take care of us pretty well.

Sally34 June 28, 2015

Standiford Place had good activities. The residents seemed very happy. It was not as tidy and pretty as the first place I went to. The staff was very nice, very kind, and very pleasant. They were very good at what they were doing.

Robert103748850 April 03, 2015

Standiford Place is the one that I like. The visit went really well; it’s clean and well-maintained. I got to meet everybody, and they were quite friendly. The apartments were nice too. They gave us a lot of information; they have trips once a week and free access to everything, so I was quite impressed with it. They have a 24hr nurse and live-in managers to different sets; that was quite impressive too. The different styles that they had include 1-bedroom and 2-bedrooms, and they had patios with some of them.

Virginia32 August 15, 2014

We will be moving to Standiford Place the first of September. We chose this one because it was actually less expensive and it had more to offer. So if the price is right and there is availability, we will be moving there. Their cottage has two bedrooms, two baths, and a full kitchen. The staff was very accommodating and very nice. The facility had a really good atmosphere with happy people and a lot of activities and opportunities for whatever you need, so we were very happy with it. We have eaten there and the food was very good. They would provide three meals a day. They also provide housekeeping once a week and that includes changing the beds, the towels, vacuuming, cleaning, and dusting once a week. They have a lot of activities like little games right there in the facility. They also have outdoor concerts on the lawn, where they maintain the landscaping beautifully. They also have buses to take you to doctor's appointments and shopping. They take a lot of suggestions and needs into consideration. We feel like we will be happy there. What I like best about this place is the price and our unit there. It is very nice.

Alice21 March 28, 2014

Standiford Place is a wonderful place. They are very caring toward the residents. They have wonderful activities. It is a very well-rounded program. Once a week, they have a big event, which is unusual. They have a lot of outings where they go to casinos. They also have speakers come in. The community was excellent. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Jose2 October 09, 2013

I enjoyed my visit on Standiford Place. The director was very helpful in giving me information about the facility. The staff was very friendly. The food was very nice. The grounds were very beautiful. The atmosphere was very nice. The activity director explained to me the different tours that were going on and a number of activities that they had in the facility.

Caring1244 September 29, 2013

The management and people who lived at Standiford Place were pleasant. I liked the sense of independence I had here, I come and go as I pleased. They provided me all my meals and the food was good. I thought the residents I met were happy with the whole environment as they were very pleasant. I liked it and I felt comfortable. I was very happy with it.

Janet20 June 25, 2013

When my mother was alive she stayed in Standiford Place for almost two years in a one bedroom unit with a kitchenette. It was an independent living facility. Outside of the main building, they also had condos like townhomes that had two bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and a full kitchen. People who stayed there didn't have to use the main facility to have their meals prepared. I love the people working there. They were very conscientious and very friendly. The facility also welcomed the grandkids to come and eat lunch with their grandparents and they even had a children's menu. They served breakfast, lunch and dinner in a dining room upstairs that had a hotel-type setting. They also had a lot of activities for the residents. Under new management, the rates were raised and my mom moved out because she couldn't afford the new rate. She then went to live with my brother. She passed away because of a leg clot. She was 95.

Blink182 October 28, 2012

I live in Modesto, so the retirement home was only 20 mins. away from my house. So I got to visit my grandma very often. Every time, I visited the facility it looked very nice and welcoming. The staff was always nice and helpful. They treated my grandma with lots of care and respect. The facility was very clean and provided almost anything you could need and want. I felt at peace with my grandma there. They provide many activities,weekly housekeeping, transportation,most utilities and they also provide a live in manger. So my grandma always had someone there for her. There is also two sets of live-in managers available around the clock. The facility also had alot of safety features. So I really have no bad things to say about the place. My grandma lived out the rest of her days there in peace and was very happy before she passed.

From Standiford Place

Standiford Place is located in Modesto, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Standiford Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Standiford Place