University Oaks

650 S University Blvd, Mobile, AL, 36609

Reviews of University Oaks

June 07, 2015

By Patricia107505050

University Oaks was the place that I would probably like for myself, but it wasn't good for my sister. It was a very nice facility. The rooms were very nice, and I really liked it. I liked the people I met there. They were very friendly people. I liked the things that they had for the residents there. I liked the activities.

May 12, 2015

By Caring106209150

University Oaks were very professional and friendly. We had lunch in their regular dining room for the residents, and it was all very good. They showed us a 1-bedroom, and it was just smaller than I think that we would want to live in. It didn’t have a kitchenette, and I like to cook; even though the meals are served, I still like to cook. The service was very good, and the food was delicious. It is one big building and looked well-kept. They allowed pets, and you have places to walk your pets.

November 07, 2014

By Caring95207650

I’ve been living at University Oaks. The staff has changed about 6 to 7 times since I’ve been there, and the managers keep coming and going; I never knew who the manager was. They started making their main meal at lunch, and dinner was like cold cuts and salads. The apartments are small. There was no security, but it’s OK. They have all kinds of activities.

October 06, 2014

Mom lived at University Oaks when she was still alive and she loved it. It's a really nice place. They have good food and good staff. She lived there for a little over 3 years. They have this life alert thing and that was great. They check their clients and if they don’t show up for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or if they don’t see them around during the day, they go and check on them. It's such a great place.

October 02, 2014

By Stacia1

We loved University Oaks and everything about it. During our visit, the staff told us that we could try their food, but we never did. The best thing that I liked about the facility was that they had a 24 hour medical person.

August 29, 2014

By Elizabeth42

I went to visit University Oaks and if I am able to afford it, I would go there. They have the best community in my vicinity. Overall, they are the best, but expensive. The staff was very nice and helpful. In fact, I didn’t have an appointment when I got there, but the lady who I spoke to just stopped what she was doing and took me on a tour of the whole place. They have activities as most other communities have, like bingo games, arts and crafts. They can also set up cards games if the residents want to. They have some physical activities that I know are good for the residents. They also have get-togethers. The thing that impressed me above all was that they have a chef who cooks the meals, and they were very concerned about the residents' specific diets.

June 30, 2014

University Oaks was homey and nice. We liked the layout of the place, it has little patio areas, a sidewalk all around the facility where you can walk and there are shades and trees. It has neighbourhoods around it and it seemed more a residential place. The units were a little bit older but they were updating. The residents were busy doing things and they seemed to have a more active schedule. There seemed to be more people up and about and moving around. The atmosphere there was a little more inviting just because there seemed to be more activities going on.

June 12, 2013

By James34

Everything about University Oaks was just fine. If I can arrange it, I am going in there.

May 22, 2013

By Caring 2446

I chose University Oaks for my mom because I think it was better than an assisted living facility. I had private sitters that came to the place if I was not around and they documented everything. The staff were very helpful and supportive especially with the people who needed assistance. I liked that they had housekeeping once a week who cleaned the bathrooms, washed and change the linens, etc. They served three meals a day, but my mom also had a refrigerator and microwave in her room if she wanted to eat something else. Sometimes the food was not the best but it was still healthy. My mom is doing pretty well.

Photos of University Oaks

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About University Oaks

University Oaks is located in Mobile, AL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to University Oaks for a visit...and stay!

University Oaks is surrounded by beautiful oak trees and azalea bushes, truly a Southern Environment! We have something for everyone, for those that need a little help we have on sight a Rehab Agency and also a Home Care Agency that can provide those little extra's that you might need.

Map of University Oaks