Vineyard Place

4017 SE Vineyard Rd, Milwaukie, OR, 97267

Reviews of Vineyard Place

Mary115677550 October 29, 2015

The first community I visited was called Vineyard Place. Everything there was nice. The place and the gal that took me around were nice, too. The room seemed to be very comfortable, but I don’t think that was the kind of place I was looking for. I wanted independent living where I could do my own cooking and stuff like that. They have a kitchen but not a stove. It’s a five-star rating for the type of facility it is.

Caring108056750 June 16, 2015

I visited Vineyard Place, and I liked it. The staff showed me the place and gave me the tour. They tried to be helpful and friendly. They have nice spacious apartments with one bedroom. It was a nice place with nice grounds. The dining room looked great. Everything looked really nice. They had lots of activities, and they had lots of services. I would recommend them. The best thing that stood out was the management.

Nola4 May 17, 2015

Everyone was very friendly at Vineyard Place. I stayed there for lunch. I was very impressed with the serving, appearance, and taste of the food. It was all very good. The dining room was very nice. I looked at their one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, and I thought that they were spacious, very nicely set up, and very well taken care of. They had indoor activities as well as activities where they go away from the facility. I think that my ex-husband participates in bingo, crafts, and bible studies. They had all kinds of things going on. It was very interesting. It would be a place I would move into if I was ready.

Caring104302050 March 31, 2015

Vineyard was very nice and very clean. The staff was very helpful, and they were very open if you wanted to ask any questions. They seemed very reasonably priced and very well-equipped. It seemed they have most anything you want covered in regards to anything a person would need. I visited this place for my brother who is in a wheelchair. What I am looking for is an independent retirement community that has assisted help if needed, and this facility definitely seemed to have that. You have to pay extra for it, but it is available if he needs it. If he needs help getting up in the morning or going to bed at night, he can pay extra for that if he needs it, or if he needs his clothing washed because maybe he can't quite get into their laundry, then for an additional charge, they will do that for him.

Rena3 March 31, 2015

Vineyard Place just had a very good feeling, and when I walked in, it felt comfortable. The people were very welcoming and very helpful. It looks to me like it is a very easy to get around spot. I do know a little bit about the area, and I like where it is located. The rooms are OK. I'd rather have bigger, but I can't afford bigger. I think the people and the employees that I was in contact with impressed me.

Steve104141350 March 31, 2015

Vineyard Place was a community that seemed to have a little bit more active and younger population. The whole staff seemed to be very involved in meeting the residents' needs. It's on a nice fairly large property close to shopping, but on a quiet backstreet. We were impressed. The staff made it special. We ate there, and the kitchen was above average. They had very nice corner apartments and seemed to have a very involved and caring staff.

Karen107438861 March 11, 2015

I have seen their ad online, I called and made arrangements for a tour, and they had me for lunch too. The staff was very helpful. They have various sizes; starting with the studio apartments, they go out to the regular one-bedroom. I know they have something more, but I wasn't interested in anything else. They have a system where everybody sits down, and they would start serving on the left side one day; then the next day, they'd start on the right, so that nobody is ever waiting a long time, and the food was very delicious. They have something going on everyday like shopping trips, and they have a good-sized room for exercising. I played bingo at the Vineyard once, and that was fun.

Karen107438961 March 11, 2015

ayoung75 December 06, 2014

My friend and I visited this facility and were served lunch. The lunch was good and the tour was very informative. At the time my friend was and is looking for assisted living as she has a diagnosis that determines her future needs. As for me, I have given up. I am not in need of assisted living. Independent would be fine for me. I find the cost of these places to be exorbitant and not meeting my needs. As for the people I encountered; they were pleasant, informative and charming. I was impressed by the cleanliness and lack of smells in the facility. The food was good and nutritious. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Yvonne Cipressi

Lavern2 November 22, 2014

The environment and the rooms were great. One of the mangers at Vineyard Place that took me on my tour is absolutely wonderful; every one of those people that live there, he knew their names. Their dining room is wonderful, they had lots to offer, and I looked at a studio and I looked at a 1-bedroom, I liked both of them. I think it was somewhere every Wednesday they have somebody arrange a day trip, but it was very small for me.

Caring75060950 December 13, 2013

The environment at Vineyard Place was nice. Their dining room was big. I would recommend them, but it's just not for me.

Caring72049350 October 19, 2013

Vineyard Place is very nice, bright and cheery, comfortable for the price. The food and everything that you get is worth it. It is a little on the skimpy side as far as the building and building maintenance, but otherwise it is a pretty good facility located perfectly and it is on a beautiful manicured lot.

Bonnie21 September 18, 2013

I came across Vineyard Place from an online search. I was given a list from one of the websites I visited and Vineyard Place was one of those listed. When we visited this place, both my daughter and I were very impressed with their staff. They seemed very friendly. We were able to talk with them for a few minutes and everyone there seemed very happy with what they were doing. We ate an evening meal in their big dining room and it was a very nice experience. The food was tasty enough. Apparently residents would have their large meal at noon. They also showed us three of their individual rooms. They were clean and pleasant enough, although really small. I'm a person who has been lucky enough to have a large room all my life, so I think no matter where I move, I'm going to have a problem. We were also fortunate enough to see one of their activities during a happy hour. An Elvis impersonator was performing and he was exceptionally good.

Rosemary9 August 02, 2013

We liked Vineyard. We stayed there for six months. It's an old building but they maintained it very well. The only thing that I liked better when I was with the Holiday system and was one of the reason that we joined them was because if you wanted to travel a little bit, you could stay in one of their facilities wherever it was in the country as long as you made a prior call and made arrangement and we liked that.

Aileen20 July 24, 2013

My mom has been living in the Vineyard since May. She has been to a place that was a lot similar. It was the price, the amenities that made us chose the place, and it was near my siblings. She's very stimulated, she's a social person and she has all kinds of activities to do. One set of managers seem to really look out for the people but I'm still questioning the other set of managers.

sulu2525 November 08, 2012

Here are some comments I would make about Vineyard Place: The staff is very friendly and helpful. The managers live there and they seem to get to know the residents well. They also seem to me to care a great deal about how the building is functioning. The folks who work in the kitchen also seem very personable and make the residents feel comfortable. They all seem professional and to be hard workers. I have not had any interactions with them that would lead me to be concerned or consider complaining. Nor have I heard any residents complain about anyone who works there. I think this is unusual and a real plus regarding the quality of this facility. The amenities seem nice but since my family member doesn't use them much it's tough to grade them. I've seen the library, hair salon, and laundry facilities and they all appear clean and well kept. The facility itself is fairly nice. The decor is outdated and my biggest complaint is the music they pipe in throughout the facility. I don't know how to describe it but it is elevator music from the 40's maybe? It's the same every time and it's not exactly enjoyable. It might help to mix it up a bit and use some variety in the easy listening they select.

Caring726 April 14, 2012

We found that we are a good fit for Vineyard Place. The people there are friendly and we like the management, we are very impressed with them. We like the food as well. We are happy with where it is located, it's close to everything. It's just a block from stores, restaurants and a movie theater. Vineyard fits our needs as we are close to our family. The price was right, which was one of the most important things. They helped us find someone to help us with our military benefits free of charge. The apartment has two bathrooms, a very big bedroom and a nice kitchen. We are very happy here.

From Vineyard Place

Vineyard Place is located in Milwaukie, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Vineyard Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Vineyard Place

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room