The Jefferson | Independent Living

9401 Old Sauk Rd, Middleton, WI, 53562

Reviews of The Jefferson | Independent Living

Tracy558055 August 19, 2016

The rooms at The Jefferson were beautiful and ideal for my mom. The presentation of the entire facility was very nice. They were well maintained and the design was great. They had gardening group and live music that comes in a couple of times a week. I enjoyed the fact that the management staff interacted with the residents during meal times. I felt that was a lovely thing. They had a media room, library, and a lot of different activities. They had different organizations that come in and a chapel meeting day where various religious organizations can come and be a part of their community.

DonYDWAX May 11, 2016

We really like The Jefferson. The people seemed to be friendly. Their rooms are of very good size. We ate lunch there and their food is very good.

Sam33 January 13, 2016

The Jefferson is very nice and had everything that I would like in a community. It was just pretty expensive. The rooms were clean and carpeted and the walls were painted. The staff was very friendly and helpful. During the visit, I saw a lady there singing, and they were also doing something right after lunch.

Caring106120850 July 29, 2015

The staff at The Jefferson seemed really good during our visit there. The lady who gave me the tour was really knowledgeable. The rooms looked really clean and adequate for an individual. The place looked nice. One of the top things I like about this place is their dining area.

Audrey13 September 09, 2014

The Jefferson is closer to where I live, so that even if mom would have to be outside of her area in Milwaukee, at least, she would be within twenty-five minutes drive from me. The marketing person that I saw was very personable and worked with me very well to fit in a visit with my work schedule. She was the only one who insisted that I come during a mealtime, so I could experience the quality of the food and even though they were apparently between permanent chefs, the food seemed to be really good, what I had was yummy. There were lots of choices, it was like restaurant food and they had a large dining room. We saw two one-bedroom apartments and they were quite nice. One was a little newer than the other, but neither one was nearly as spacious. I could see a person living comfortably in a one-bedroom apartment at this facility because it did have a homelike feeling. They did have different levels of care where if ever they could start out with independent living, but if they needed additional care down the road, they will be able to stay in the same community rather than having to move someplace else. It seemed that the staff members were really attuned to the residents when we were there. I was also impressed when the marketing person was taking me around on a tour that a couple of residents came up to her and they were just saying hi and greeting her. One gentleman had a difficulty with his cellphone and she took the time to figure out the phone's problem for him, which was very sweet. It seemed like they have quite a number of activities going on. She showed me a schedule of events where they have these posted in several common areas downstairs and they also would have calendars that they would post at each resident's door. So everybody always had a copy of the monthly calendar of all of the events that were going on. They had shopping excursions, at least three of them a week, so one of them would have been to a certain grocery store and another one would have been like the Walgreens and other places for basic necessities. Then, they also had special things where they would go to various social activities like the movies, and also they had opportunities for the residents to have volunteer tasks.

Caring88391950 June 30, 2014

My tour at The Jefferson was fine. The rooms are small, but they have a kitchenette and a bathroom. The dining area is in a very large room. The staff were fine. Overall, we liked it, but one thing that concerns me is that they have gone through numerous cooks, so I think that is a little concerning.

Barbara86336050 June 30, 2014

I loved The Jefferson, but it was too far away from our kids. The people were friendly, and I just liked everything about it, even the food. They treated us great. They seemed very considerate. They told us a lot. Only thing we had against them was that they didn’t have a continuous care. I understood that there, we would stay in the same apartment and people would come in and take care of us. One thing was they didn’t have an apartment to show us. So we saw a room they had made out of two 1-bedrooms, and we didn’t like that all. But it was very pleasant. I couldn’t say anything bad about it. We didn’t see many people, except in the dining room, where we met one lady that had just moved there, and she liked it a lot.

Caring75648850 March 27, 2014

The Jefferson is very nice, very comfortable, very well kept. They had a variety of sizes and prices of rooms. The staff was very nice. They had a hairdresser. They had a dining room. Nice hallways. Well done.

David79426350 March 20, 2014

The Jefferson is a little too big. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were well maintained but a little dated and a little small. The food was so-so. They have many activities, like dance class, exercise class, card playing, game rooms, and a book club.. I like the friendliness of the staff.

PIM March 12, 2014

Promoted as a retiree's dream, a retiree has to be dressed and in the dining room at 8:00AM, 12:30PM and 5:30PM to enjoy the hour-long wait for service in the formal dining for nutritionally unbalanced meals, too high in salt, sugar and carbohydrates. Recent switch from leafy green salad to iceberg lettuce eliminated one of the few nutritious options.
Forget the evening news which is highly popular among seniors; rush home from your morning shopping, this program institutionalizes the grace of dining. And the dominance of residents who are there for rehab limits the possibilities for active folks for activities , makes transportation difficult, creates dangerous lining up of walkers and wheelchalairs at the single elevator. Retirees are often forced to give a rehab resident aid. The promotional brochure never once mentioned rehabilitation as the dominant activity or how the residence compromises the needs of the tw(they don't). Alzheimer's patient walking nude in the hall, once example.
tI really don't know how we will get out of this place incase of a fire. Too much crowding in and too much left out. This program needs revamping from top to bottom; in trying to do so much, they do too little.

Caring1034 February 15, 2014

I've been at The Jefferson for a little over 2 months now. It 's very nice. It has the feel of a luxury hotel. The staff is very good, I have nothing bad to say about them. They're working very hard and they are caring people. But, I'm just beginning to put together the issues around this kind of housing. There's nothing in their brochure that they have rehab here. Some residents are officially under care for rehab, some are aging. They are not independent anymore. So having that many people that are not independent affects the whole program. We only have one elevator and we have three floors and an elevator gets full very fast when you put in wheelchairs and walkers. People are very slow too. We have a formal dining room. It affects the dining room, there are so many walkers and wheel chairs in there. I have to stand for 4 hrs a day for meals and in getting food and the service is very slow. We have activities but they're poorly attended and don't work very well. They try to have activities with a mixture of disabled and not mentally disabled that we can't do most of the things they plan because it doesn't work when you have that kind of variation in capabilities. I also think the diet is poor. It's way too much of bread and carbohydrates and not enough fresh fruits and vegetables.

Caring2376 January 23, 2014

The Jefferson has plenty of memory care unit, so they are familiar with taking care of the residents with memory issues. The staff is great. We had a two-hour tour and the representative answered every question that we possibly have. They have rooms appropriate for my dad and they also have enough staff to take care of his needs. They have a lot of possible services available for him. They have busses which takes the residents out. We just wish they had a 24-hour staff. The price is also reasonable.

Clare3 November 27, 2013

My parent is now staying at The Jefferson. It is the one she likes. She is also only 10 minutes from me in terms of location. She is closer to family and her grandchildren. Also my mom didn't have to buy into anything and it is like month to month thing for her. She just paid a security deposit and then she can go anywhere. She is not locked in with a lease. It particularly stands out for us because it offers lots of choices with different meals. My mom was actually in a traditional nursing home before and they didn't have any choices in terms of meals. While at this place, you have usually up to five choices and service is more like restaurant style. Their staff is also different from the ones where she was before. Another thing that stands out is the fact they do different things like field trips for their residents where they provide transportation everyday to different places. Where she was before, she was not happy but here, she's happier. I highly recommend this place. Right now, she is in a one-bedroom but she is going to move up to a two-bedroom too as soon as they have one available.

Caring0956 September 18, 2013

I went to The Jefferson with a friend for a visit. They put us up for the night in separate rooms and set us up. The staff were lovely and cordial. I would recommend this place to other people.

Rita4 November 28, 2012

My mother has been living in The Jefferson since September. The staff is very nice. The place has lots and lots of activities. The rooms are lovely. My mother has a very nice apartment. But, the food is terrible. Food is very important to my mother, she's very picky, and so my siblings and I actually ate there when we visited. The food that we were served with was excellent and we thought my mother would love it there. But since she moved in, there hasn't been a good meal. Supposedly they have chefs there but I could cook better than they can.

From The Jefferson

The Jefferson is located in Middleton, WI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Jefferson for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Jefferson

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room