The Citadel Senior Living Independent Living

520 South Higley Road, Mesa, AZ, 85206

Reviews of The Citadel Senior Living | Independent Living

March 30, 2016

By family member16

My visit to Citadel was good and homey. The rooms were nice and just the right size.

March 27, 2016

By Visitor122359150

I’m moving to the Citadel. It is a very welcoming, good facility with very accepting management. The food in the restaurant was great. The rooms were fine but need a little more storage space.

January 26, 2016

By Susan118823650

I am in The Citadel Retirement right now. The people are really good, but I am new. I was told that I would speak to somebody from the dining room about special diet because the food they have is not what I can eat. I'm in a two-bedroom apartment, and it's really nice. The best thing is they offered all the paperwork, and almost everything that the other places offered at less than half the price while I was on a very tight budget. They have very little activities so far.

September 20, 2015

Everyone was really nice at Citadel Retirement. Everything was really organized and super easy to understand. The rooms/apartments were really clean and well maintained. The dining facility was very clean and well put together. They have weekly outings that they organize for the guests. What I like about this community is that it is close to my house. The staff was very responsive. They answered all my questions. They fix things right away if need be.

July 04, 2015

I went to visit Citadel. It was a wonderful experience. It is a perfect place to live. The staff was absolutely wonderful. The apartments were absolutely beautiful. They were spacious. Their dining room was excellent. They have everything there. They're 100% covered on any and all activities. Security was fine.

May 28, 2015

By Diane107796450

My father moved to The Citadel Retirement. What we like about it is that it is a newer facility, and it had the capability of being independent living now, but assisted living later if it's that what he needs. He liked that his meals are provided, and they are doing his laundry and cleaning his apartment for him, which he enjoys. He likes the activities every day, and he can just show up and get involved with those. They really got a lot of residents engaged because he had gone to several different activities, there are always a lot of people there wanting to do it, so it's fun and he is making a lot of new people that way. There is also an emergency button in his room, and once a day, he has to push the button to let them know that he is up and moving. If he doesn’t push the button, they come up to his room. He also needs to push if he needs help, and he likes that.

May 08, 2015

By Verla1

Citadel Retirement is probably a much older place, and I like new things. We talked to one man which my husband knew. He had just been there for only three or four days, but he is fine. They play card games, and we liked that. We also like dominoes and the different events that they offered.

April 18, 2015

By Barbara105399450

I met one very friendly person at Citadel Retirement. I like the fact that they had outdoor porches, and the room I saw had a nice storage space on the outside porch area.

October 22, 2014

We toured The Citadel and we were very impressed. The staff was very amicable and very friendly. They gave me the right information that I needed. We went ahead and took a tour of the independent living. We talked about it, and the staff was very nice and personal. I had a good feeling about it as far as atmosphere. They have a spa, and they transport the residents that need to go to doctor’s appointments. The independent living rooms can have a kitchen with a stove, microwave and refrigerator. They’ve got activities going on all the time. They have specific days every week where they can take people to go to a movie, to a restaurant or go shopping at places like Michael's, Walmart, and Target; so it’s really so nice. It’s a new facility and it’s very spacious. Overall I didn’t see anything negative at all; it was great. It is really close to where my mother is living now, and that’s where she does all of the shopping and hobnobbing around stores and groceries. Everything is right there so she’s familiar with that area.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady00000788

Citadel Assisted Living is cute, it is nice. The only thing I am not really pleased with is the food. My mother doesn't complain, so I get the sense that the staff is good. It has an elevator and everything. She has a nice one-bedroom. Right now, their price is right. They have activities, but she doesn't participate. They have a medical facility there.

May 30, 2014

Citadel Retirement meets my needs; that is why I chose them. It is not independent completely. It is somewhat/ halfway into assisted. My first impression of it was very good. The staff's work ethics are very good. I have a private apartment. It is very good. It fits my needs very well. Regarding food though, I don't have any outstanding comments about that.

Photos of The Citadel Senior Living

Features of The Citadel Senior Living

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL6875

About The Citadel Senior Living

The Citadel is a senior living community in Mesa, AZ that provides the gamut of senior living options, from independent living apartments to nursing care. The community is designed to help seniors transition from independent living to assisted living with ease. On staff are registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants, and residents can receive a wide range of assistance and health services here. Residents are also encouraged to socialize and take care of their health and wellness, with a variety of organized activities.

DAILY CARE

Nurses provide care for the community’s assisted living residents and nursing care residents, depending on their needs. Many residents receive help with daily activities such as grooming, bathing and dressing. They also help manage residents’ medication schedules. Nurses are on call around the clock in the event of a medical emergency.

Filling prescriptions is convenient here at the community’s pharmacy. Physical therapy is also available on-site.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Citadel Mesa offers spacious, wheelchair-accessible studio apartments, and one and two-bedroom residences. Amenities include cable TV, a pool, and laundry and housekeeping services. The community provides shuttle service to local sites and parking, plus an on-site barbershop and salon.

Many reviewers have praised the cuisine at Citadel Mesa and have compared the main dining room to a restaurant. The community has an array of dining rooms, with the main one located on the ground floor. Residents can also opt for room service. Other on-site amenities include a community library and a bank.

ACTIVITIES

Residents can stay fit at the community’s fitness center, or at an on-site putting green for those who prefer the outdoors. Residents also have the opportunity to take part in organized outings to nearby restaurants, shopping complexes and other local spots.

Citadel Mesa residents have lots of opportunities to socialize and learn with bridge, bingo and card games, and classes that teach cooking or arts. The facility assesses each resident to learn how they prefer to socialize. The community also hosts church services of various denominations.

Map of The Citadel Senior Living