Citadel Retirement

444 South Higley Road, Mesa, AZ, 85206

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Citadel Retirement

Caring109814950 July 04, 2015

I went to visit Citadel. It was a wonderful experience. It is a perfect place to live. The staff was absolutely wonderful. The apartments were absolutely beautiful. They were spacious. Their dining room was excellent. They have everything there. They're 100% covered on any and all activities. Security was fine.

Diane107796450 May 28, 2015

My father moved to The Citadel Retirement. What we like about it is that it is a newer facility, and it had the capability of being independent living now, but assisted living later if it's that what he needs. He liked that his meals are provided, and they are doing his laundry and cleaning his apartment for him, which he enjoys. He likes the activities every day, and he can just show up and get involved with those. They really got a lot of residents engaged because he had gone to several different activities, there are always a lot of people there wanting to do it, so it's fun and he is making a lot of new people that way. There is also an emergency button in his room, and once a day, he has to push the button to let them know that he is up and moving. If he doesn’t push the button, they come up to his room. He also needs to push if he needs help, and he likes that.

Verla1 May 08, 2015

Citadel Retirement is probably a much older place, and I like new things. We talked to one man which my husband knew. He had just been there for only three or four days, but he is fine. They play card games, and we liked that. We also like dominoes and the different events that they offered.

Barbara105399450 April 18, 2015

I met one very friendly person at Citadel Retirement. I like the fact that they had outdoor porches, and the room I saw had a nice storage space on the outside porch area.

Caring93975750 October 22, 2014

We toured The Citadel and we were very impressed. The staff was very amicable and very friendly. They gave me the right information that I needed. We went ahead and took a tour of the independent living. We talked about it, and the staff was very nice and personal. I had a good feeling about it as far as atmosphere. They have a spa, and they transport the residents that need to go to doctor’s appointments. The independent living rooms can have a kitchen with a stove, microwave and refrigerator. They’ve got activities going on all the time. They have specific days every week where they can take people to go to a movie, to a restaurant or go shopping at places like Michael's, Walmart, and Target; so it’s really so nice. It’s a new facility and it’s very spacious. Overall I didn’t see anything negative at all; it was great. It is really close to where my mother is living now, and that’s where she does all of the shopping and hobnobbing around stores and groceries. Everything is right there so she’s familiar with that area.

LovelyLady00000788 July 31, 2014

Citadel Assisted Living is cute, it is nice. The only thing I am not really pleased with is the food. My mother doesn't complain, so I get the sense that the staff is good. It has an elevator and everything. She has a nice one-bedroom. Right now, their price is right. They have activities, but she doesn't participate. They have a medical facility there.

Caring83237950 May 30, 2014

Citadel Retirement meets my needs; that is why I chose them. It is not independent completely. It is somewhat/ halfway into assisted. My first impression of it was very good. The staff's work ethics are very good. I have a private apartment. It is very good. It fits my needs very well. Regarding food though, I don't have any outstanding comments about that.

From Citadel Retirement

The Citadel is the East Valley's premier full-service senior community! Firmly established as one of the area's finest, The Citadel provides comfort, convenience, and securirty for all its residents and peace of mind for their relatives and friends.

At the Citadel you will discover more than our beautiful facilities and extensive rang of services. You will find a warm, dedicated staff committed to creating a community you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, our residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change. Spacious, warm and inviting Independent Living Apartments offer a heated swimming pool, jacuzzis, billiard tables, and much more.

Our unrivaled amenities and activities are available to assist you in every aspect of your daily life. We welcome the opportunity to introduce you to our services and to show you how living at the Citadel can enhance your life.

Location of Citadel Retirement