The Parkview | Independent Living

1914 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38104

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Parkview | Independent Living

Pem1 December 30, 2015

The visit at Parkview went well; it was a nice community. The rooms were a nice size for a single person. The staff was nice and you saw them interacting with the residents. The only drawback I didn’t like about it was that it had a smell on one of the floors which really stood out but everything else was fine. They said they were going to get it corrected right away.

Lillian10 October 29, 2015

The Parkview was an old hotel, but it's elegant, and they said they're willing to refurbish the place. The one that showed us around was very personable and very welcoming. She gave us all the information we asked for. When we arrived, there was a gentleman that was playing the piano in the sitting room and several people were listening to him. They had something available to the patrons to exercise or move around. A lot of the people had cars in that area. It's near the VA hospital who are treating my husband, and that would make it convenient for me, and they do have almost daily trips going there. It was clean, and the rooms were good-sized. Since it's an old hotel, the closets were not big walk-in closets. The bathrooms were smaller, but they said they would refurbish them for somebody that can't move.

Anonymous115568750 October 28, 2015

My dad is living in The Parkview now, and we liked everything about it. The caretakers are very nice. The neighborhood and the actual facilities are all good. They have a social director. Anytime he can get five or six people to sign up for something, he will do an activity. They have all sorts of classes that are constantly changing, but there are lots of options. They also provide transportation. They do three meals a day except on Sunday, when they do brunch until 3:00. It's an excellent place.

Don112864150 September 15, 2015

The experience we had at The Parkview Memphis was very good. Everything was very clean and orderly. The dining room was excellent; they had good quality food there. Whatever we asked, the staff usually jumped right to it and tried to take care of it. They go up and beyond what I think they should be doing, but they had done well. I liked their services; their commitment to helping the residents there was real good.

Everett1 July 20, 2015

We looked at about 10 or 15 places, and we chose The Parkview Memphis. We get three meals a day, and the staff is very friendly. We have a three-bedroom two-bath room. They have scrabble, puzzles, pool table, card games, and outings. They take you to different places. The Parkview Memphis has a friendly atmosphere, and it is very secure. The doors are locked, and you have to have an entrance the way to get into it.

Beverly17 June 26, 2013

The staff in The Parkview was helpful, but the place was a little old and they were expensive.

Caring6318 June 13, 2013

We went to Parkview and we find it pricy. They had some nice rooms. We were satisfied with them except that we weren't too sure if we want to ride the elevator.

From The Parkview

The Parkview provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of The Parkview