The Parkview Independent Living

1914 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38104

Reviews of The Parkview | Independent Living

February 15, 2016

By Tyrone3

I've been to The Parkview, and it was nice. I would rate the rooms a 7, and the dining area a 10. I looked at the menu, and it was real exquisite. What they need to do is provide some kind of transportation. There's a parking-lot, and you can have your own vehicle. For those people who don't drive, they probably needed to have a bus or a van. It's in a central location in Memphis. It was an old hotel that they changed over to a senior community. It might be out of certain people's price range, and might be a little too pricy for somebody that's on a fixed level income.

December 30, 2015

By Pem1

The visit at Parkview went well; it was a nice community. The rooms were a nice size for a single person. The staff was nice and you saw them interacting with the residents. The only drawback I didn’t like about it was that it had a smell on one of the floors which really stood out but everything else was fine. They said they were going to get it corrected right away.

October 29, 2015

By Lillian10

The Parkview was an old hotel, but it's elegant, and they said they're willing to refurbish the place. The one that showed us around was very personable and very welcoming. She gave us all the information we asked for. When we arrived, there was a gentleman that was playing the piano in the sitting room and several people were listening to him. They had something available to the patrons to exercise or move around. A lot of the people had cars in that area. It's near the VA hospital who are treating my husband, and that would make it convenient for me, and they do have almost daily trips going there. It was clean, and the rooms were good-sized. Since it's an old hotel, the closets were not big walk-in closets. The bathrooms were smaller, but they said they would refurbish them for somebody that can't move.

October 28, 2015

My dad is living in The Parkview now, and we liked everything about it. The caretakers are very nice. The neighborhood and the actual facilities are all good. They have a social director. Anytime he can get five or six people to sign up for something, he will do an activity. They have all sorts of classes that are constantly changing, but there are lots of options. They also provide transportation. They do three meals a day except on Sunday, when they do brunch until 3:00. It's an excellent place.

September 15, 2015

By Don112864150

The experience we had at The Parkview Memphis was very good. Everything was very clean and orderly. The dining room was excellent; they had good quality food there. Whatever we asked, the staff usually jumped right to it and tried to take care of it. They go up and beyond what I think they should be doing, but they had done well. I liked their services; their commitment to helping the residents there was real good.

July 20, 2015

By Everett1

We looked at about 10 or 15 places, and we chose The Parkview Memphis. We get three meals a day, and the staff is very friendly. We have a three-bedroom two-bath room. They have scrabble, puzzles, pool table, card games, and outings. They take you to different places. The Parkview Memphis has a friendly atmosphere, and it is very secure. The doors are locked, and you have to have an entrance the way to get into it.

June 26, 2013

By Beverly17

The staff in The Parkview was helpful, but the place was a little old and they were expensive.

June 13, 2013

We went to Parkview and we find it pricy. They had some nice rooms. We were satisfied with them except that we weren't too sure if we want to ride the elevator.

Photos of The Parkview

Features of The Parkview

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Large Rooms Also Available

About The Parkview

The Parkview provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

The Parkview features superior dining options, exciting amenities, and holistic wellness programs, making it the ideal destination to enhance your vibrant way of life.

We understand every individual is unique. Our services are individually tailored to maximize your comfort and vitality. With 2 meals a day, housekeeping and other savings, we are quite confident that The Parkview will be choice!

Conveniently located in the heart of Midtown Memphis, The Parkview is a local landmark with easy access to tranquil outdoor amenities and culture-rich destinations, providing residents with endless opportunities to expand their horizons.

Map of The Parkview