Basecost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Chateau

Visiting Angels: By Your Side 2012

The Chateau is located in MCKINNEY, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

Our live-in managers are available to assist with any event or emergency 24/7. They take pleasure in getting to know each of our residents and look out for their comfort and happiness. Our chefs prepare three delicious meals from scratch each day, served in our beautiful dining room. We provide housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to your personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs. Our warm, comfortable community and our friendly staff and residents are waiting to welcome you.

So come to The Chateau for a visit...and stay!

Reviews of The Chateau

Posted by Dartha June 29, 2015

The Chateau was excellent. It was wonderful, but it was too expensive. I loved The Chateau. The food was wonderful. The apartments are wonderful. The management staff was wonderful. I even met employees and residents, and I had no complaints about them at all.

It was near hospitals, restaurants, and shopping. It was beautiful community. I used to live in that area. I would highly recommend it.

Posted by Deluded Daughter April 05, 2015
2.0

I visited the facility with my mother in December. The sales rep was very nice and gave us a great tour of the facility. He said the food was good and they prepare healthy meals to meet the needs of the residents. My Mother moved here in January. The staff is nice and they work to provide activities and a nice environment for the residents. The food, however is a deal breaker (mom is not a picky eater). They offer very few vegetables, are heavy on carbohydrates and not diabetic/heart healthy. Some of the food is close to inedible. Residents can't opt out of the meals for a lower rate on rent. They do have kitchens in the apartments but why should they pay for food twice? The residents have complained to management and to corporate and nothing changes. If my mother had any idea the food was this pitiful I'm sure she wouldn't have move here. We may need to explore other options when her lease expires.

Posted by Caring104824850 March 31, 2015
4.0

I visited one a couple of weeks ago in McKinney, but I haven't made a decision. The name of the place is The Chateau. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They answered any questions, took me around, and showed me the various apartments. They were nice. It is a nice facility, but I'm not ready to move in there, and I don't have the resource to do that right now anyway. There was some kind of person there leading a song or singing a song. The apartments were nice and well done.

Posted by Danielle5 March 27, 2015
4.0

I had a very nice visit at The Chateau. They showed me just about everything, and I really think that that would be a good place for my parents. The Chateau would definitely be a good choice. It seemed like they have a lot of amenities and a lot of different programs. All the people weren't staying in their rooms; they were just walking around, and they were having a program at the time that I was there. Some guy was singing in their big living area, and a lot of people were there. They have a lot of scheduled activities. They have an exercise room, a pool, a movie room, and a room where people can do what they want when they want. The rooms at The Chateau had a kitchen area, a small dining/living area, a nice size bedroom, and a closet. There was even room in that apartment for a washer and dryer if they want to bring one. The facility was very clean. The staff that I did meet was all very pleasant, even one of the cleaning ladies and the maintenance man were just very nice.

Posted by Mrs.PC-N December 28, 2014

I wish I had known places like this existed before my husband died. We would have been so much more comfortable and his life would have been enhanced being around others our age and activities that didn't require a vehicle to get to. Instead of being cooped up in the house, he would have access to many activities in his wheelchair.

But now that its just me, I feel safe and carefree for the first time since he died. My kids are relieved. And most of all I'm very happy that I made this move before I "had" to. My kids don't have to go through a monster of a house sorting through things that should have been trashed long before. No sorting, no burden on them. I culled my possessions down to only what I needed and what they didn't take, the Salvation Army was happy to. I am so relieved that everything is done.

But most of all I love the small space, lots of windows, high ceilings and decorated to my taste, its beautiful. I love that our front doors are enclosed in a locked building with security gates. Yet the way it was designed gives me plenty of privacy and actually more room than I need. And I have to admit that I love not living around children and teens and partying adults. Set back off the road, it is private and surrounded by green space, yet in the heart of McKinney and very close to all my family.

This is what retirement should be like, a vacation at a plush hotel condo, all inclusive.

Posted by Caring87447050 September 08, 2014

My grandmother is now living in The Chateau. Her apartment is really nice. It is an all inclusive facility and has a lot of things for seniors. The staff working there is very friendly and helpful. I would say that the food and their dining room are adequate.They usually play cards, bingo and watch movies. They also have trips to places like casinos.

Posted by Caring93325250 August 28, 2014

The Chateau was very, very nice. It was a little casual than the other facility. It was more casual living; it was not quite so high-end. They have everything that you can imagine. They have activities. They have movie theater, billiards, game room, exercise room, I mean, they have everything. They have social recreations. They take them on trips to places. It is actually where I'm going to put my dad. The apartments were extremely reasonable for the amount of space you get. They have a lot of apartments for a lot less than what the other facility has. The food was great. It was awesome. It was excellent. All the people were very, very friendly there. I would definitely recommend this place.

Posted by Caring82324850 April 22, 2014
3.0

The staff at The Chateau were extremely busy, but they did make sure that they came in and checked on me, although I spent more time with the nurse there. It's located in a nice location. What I don’t like is that in their dining room, a lot of people had to go through a lobby and carry their own food, and we are talking about a lot of people who have walkers and everything else, and we know they can't carry their own food.

Posted by 4JP January 21, 2014
1.0

The Chateau is McKinney is a beautiful facility on the outside BUT it's what's on the inside that counts most. Please read this and think twice before you move in or move your loved ones here. When I first found The Chateau, I was excited to think my parents could live there because it's a pretty facility and is relatively clean, for the most part. I looked at it several times and then brought my parents for a visit and meal. They decided to make it their home. At first, things seemed pretty good, but we soon found that they don't live by what they advertise. In less than a year, they have had a lot of turnover, including 3 sets of live-in managers that are/were often quite short and not awfully friendly with the residents. The food was good, but it has gone down in quality quickly. The meals are not healthy for many of the residents and they herd them through a serving line like animals. If a resident tries to serve themselves tea or coffee, they are snapped at and told to leave the drinks alone and wait for an employee to serve them. Residents are promised moving reimbursements and then wait 6 months to get it or never receive it. The poor staff members are so overworked because the company pinches every penney and never hires enough staff. After less than a year, my parents and many residents were informed their rent was going up. My parents' rent was raised $300.00, yet they were promised 2 years with no increase in rent. They did get this resolved after they gave notice that they were moving. Many residents are leaving because of this. I wish I could say something positive, but it has been a very disappointing experience. Before you move in or move a loved one in, read employee reviews of the Holiday Company which owns The Chateau. It's very sad that our aged family has to experience a place like this, when they've trusted, (because of the false picture that the property renting agents paint) that they're leaving their homes to move to a place that truly cares about them. It's pretty much a line of bull and I'll never forgive myself for falling for it and letting my parents move there. I'm so happy that they're not there any longer. I sincerely hope this review makes those considering The Chateau to think twice and look elsewhere and not make the same mistake we did.

Posted by Marjorie11 November 27, 2013

We liked the apartment at The Chateau. We had two-bedroom apartment. The facility has about 200 apartments. They have water aerobics and then they have a fitness center. They also take you Wal-Mart, to Target, and to all several stores. Once a week, the residents are out to go to restaurants. They also take the residents on a trip a couple of times a month. They basically keep the residents busy. The staff were very good with the residents. When we made an appointment, they invited us for lunch and the food was good. My only complaint is that it's geared more towards assisted living.

Posted by Caring 9907 July 24, 2013
3.0

The Chateau is reasonably priced. It's a large, clean, full facility and it looks good.

Location of The Chateau

Features of The Chateau

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room