White Oaks

230 Deming St, Manchester, CT, 06042

Reviews of White Oaks

November 30, 2015

By Preston2

I was impressed with White Oaks and liked the owner's (Holiday Retirement) philosophy. They really catered to the elderly. The rooms were very nice and well kept. The activities were geared toward the elderly with group activities like card playing. They have outdoor activities and go places.

October 31, 2015

By Maurizio

White Oaks is really great; I was impressed. I like the people and the facilities. I like the proximity to everything that I know. It looks like the couple of people that live over there are more like my type and my style. The people that I saw there were well-maintained people; I didn’t smell any odors. The dining room is great, nice, and clean. I enjoyed the visit.

June 30, 2015

I visited White Oaks, which is in my neighborhood. The staff were very accommodating. The nice thing about the apartments was they each had a balcony or a patio. The dining area looked very nice.

May 29, 2015

My uncle is now ready to move in at White Oaks, and we chose this place for price and location. Also, the people were excellent, especially a woman named Ador -- she’s my contact person there. He has a 1-bedroom apartment with its own kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. My uncle has been there to sample the food, and he said it has been very good. I would recommend the facility.

October 25, 2014

It was pretty good. I believe it was White Oaks. The gentleman that took me around was very courteous, and he explained everything fully to me. The surroundings were clean. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The only thing is my income won’t let me go into the community. What was described to me was very nice.

December 17, 2013

By Hmmmmmmm?

My family member has lived there several years. Quality seems to have deteriorated. The current managers are warm on the surface, but difficult especially to employees. The good chef was fired last year and replaced with months of temporaries. Food now is scanty and low quality. The goal seems to be outward appearance rather than real concern for the residents. Hopefully new managers will be appointed who will restore the previous warm environment.

November 22, 2013

White Oaks was a beautiful facility. It was very clean. My parent thought it was a wonderful place as far as cleanliness and friendliness. There were plants and benches to sit on in front. It was a pristine-looking place and it was homey. It was also too expensive. It was unaffordable for her budget. A two-bedroom was almost like $5000 a month and to go in a little apartment for that much money, I would have to say no. I also asked them what happens if she runs out of money, they said she would have to leave but they'll try to find her some place. That's not good. Older people don't want to move, they want to find a place that they're going to enjoy and it's a trauma for them to move. We were invited to White Oaks for a 100-year-old birthday party there. It was for one of their lady residents. The food was very good. You can tell that their chef really loves to cook. There was also a man who was hired to sing at that time and it was really nice. They also have their own bus for them to do things. Regarding their staff, my parent liked them. They were very nice. As a whole, if people can afford it, White Oaks would be an ideal place.

September 18, 2013

By Caring from Connecticut1

White Oaks is absolutely beautiful. I like best how clean it was and how friendly the people there were. The rooms seemed adequate for my needs. I would definitely recommend them because they have everything that a senior would need. I like it very, very much, it is just way above my income.

August 29, 2013

By White Flower

White Oaks is just an exceptionally well-maintained facility. The management was very warm and welcoming. They spent a lot of time with me touring the facility and answering my questions. They have even kept in recent communication with me about where it stands with my parents. They have been very supportive to us. I felt very strongly that they were a very caring and supportive community.

August 24, 2013

By kim30

My mother-in-law lives at the White Oaks independent in Manchester Ct. The staff is amazing with all the residents and are very aware of each of their needs. They all have gone above and beyond for our entire family. The whole place is very clean and absolutely beautiful. They have over 150 residents and all the managers and every staff member knows each of their names. That is a wonderful feeling for anyone but especially elderly. My mother-in-law is 94 and felt comfortable there from day 1. I would be hard-pressed to find a complaint about this place.

November 19, 2011

By Yankee1

Lots of flash, no substance. Food quality is just adequate

Photos of White Oaks

Features of White Oaks

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About White Oaks

White Oaks is located in Manchester, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to White Oaks for a visit...and stay!

Map of White Oaks