Raider Ranch | Independent Living

6520 43rd Street, Lubbock, TX, 79407

Reviews of Raider Ranch | Independent Living

Marie Line November 20, 2014

I have already settled in Raider Ranch, and I've been here almost a year. My overall experience has been very good. I have an apartment, and it is beautiful. The staff is very caring. They serve our food, but I can cook if I want to. We have recreational activities everyday like strength and balance, water volleyball, movies, and wifi bowling; they got a lot of stuff.

ohadelaide08 February 24, 2012

When looking for a community to move my grandfather to, Raider Ranch always came to mind. We'd had a few good commendations from others who had family members living there, and thought to have a tour through the place. The staff was extremely, extremely friendly and accommodating both to myself and my grandfather. After his second stroke, he had lost much of his social skills, but it was clear his personality was still there, and I think the staff all knew that. Everyone was very welcoming, speaking to my grandfather very openly, teasing and joking with them. Despite the fact that Raider Ranch puts off a "Fabulous, Bourgeoise 50+" vibe in their advertisements, the staff and residents were very down to earth. My grandfather is a former musician, and played a bit for the staff, that they were very entertained by. The facilities are flawless and very personalized - it honestly feels like you were just coming to his home when you stepped into his accommodations. His facilities were separated from the main "community living," as he did need special assistance, but everything still gave him the independence that he wanted. I felt extremely secure leaving him in Raider Ranch's hands. He was even able to take his dog with him, which was a very generous surprise. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone looking for a "luxury-style" living community.

AldCzar June 12, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

This facility is very new and doesn't show any signs of wear and tear yet. I was very impressed with how modern the amenities are in each unit. The staff seems only adequate and I hear from my grandparents that some things have gone missing before. Visitors are welcome at meals, which are small but adequately prepared. The one downside of eating there is how long it takes. On multiple occasions we have spent in excess of 1.5 hrs at a very simple one-course lunch. The facility offers several levels of assistance include memory care. In the memory care portion of the facility, there is constant monitoring from very caring professionals. I would recommend this facility to those that can afford it.

From Raider Ranch

Raider Ranch is a full service, stand alone retirement community offering a full range of lifestyle choices. Currently, the 32 acre gated campus includes 152 independent living apartments and 110 apartments for assisted living and memory care—all available for rental. In addition, Raider Ranch offers attached Villa homes for sale. A number of Villas have been built and sold, with additional acreage for up to 60 more Villa homes or additional skilled nursing rooms to the campus. Raider Ranch offers the full complement of amenities including 24-hour nursing staff; maintenance-free living; scheduled transportation; and a full-time activity program. Other resort-style amenities include a 22,000sf club house, state of the art Athletic Club, business library with internet, outdoor resort style pool, golfing privileges at nearby championship course, café, card room and several meeting rooms for resident gatherings and events.

Features of Raider Ranch