Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock

4601 71st Street, Lubbock, TX, 79424

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock

Charlotte19 December 07, 2014

My mother is in Grand Court. The apartment she had that was available at that place better suited our needs, and it was more spacious. They prepared part of the food, they prepared her meals, and they help her with housekeeping, but that’s all.

My daughter-in-law who lives in Lubbock was familiar with people who worked at that facility because she had known somebody that lived there before. It came recommended to us and also the location; it’s kind of a very convenient location for us. I would describe it as excellent. I thought everything was done very well.

Shirley35 December 04, 2013

I just wanted to express my appreciation to the staff of Grand Court for the care and concern that you gave to my parents and actually to everyone there. My parents were having much trouble keeping their eating habits regular, their medications straight and were more and more often ending up in the doctor's office or the hospital. When they moved to Grand Court, they never had issues with numbers (blood pressure and coumadin levels) being out of range again. I contribute this to the attention and care given by the staff of Grand Court and Calvert nurses. They had regular (nutritional meals) three times a day, seven days a week. This made a lot of difference in their overall health. They didn't have to worry about whether or not they had taken their medication, or even ordering it. It was always given to them on time and family was notified if there was ever a problem. They had no worries, as the room was cleared for them, food prepared and served, laundry done, hair services in-house, and nursing service around the clock.

We have moved my mother-in-law to Grand Court because of the great care my parents received. She was having issues being at home by herself and ending up in the hospital about every other month. mainly because she wasn't eating right or taking her medication. She couldn't remember if she took it and might take two doses or not take it at all. She has been in Grand Court for 14 months now and has not even had one issue. She eats three good meals a day and couldn't be happier. She, like everyone else, never thought she would have to leave her home, but she herself says she couldn't be happier. We tease her that she is just pampered and she loves it. She also loves the friends she has made and loves all the programs provided.

I can't thank the entire staff enough for all you have done for my parents and also for my mother-in-law. You are wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Janelle3 September 11, 2013

I went to Grand Court Lubbock and I thought they were a good fit for me and they met my needs at the time. I needed a small place to get around with, while I was in a wheelchair since I couldn't walk at that time. I had a small living room, bedroom, bathroom and a little kitchenette. It was very adequate for my needs and I brought my own furniture. The food was very good for the most part of my stay there. They had church service every Sunday and I liked going to church. There were musical programs and a full schedule of things to do all the time. The staff was helpful and I liked the residents that lived there. It was a good place to live and I enjoyed it. I had recommended this place to other people.

Janna4 August 15, 2013

It was nice. They had a very good selection of food to eat. The two-bedroom was spacious. It was a great facility. It was just not what my parents needed.

bshisself December 22, 2012

The place seemed old, but was well kept and clean. There was a nice central area for the residents to watch TV and play games. There were also bingo "classes" and other events where the residents would come together in a room and a nurse or staff member would run the show. Family was allowed to sit in. It did seem the place was slightly understaffed - in my opinion, not the people I visited with - as there were some elderly people sitting around by themselves who were plainly out of it and possibly a danger to themselves. The staff seemed kind but harried. Many of the staff members/nurses seemed very young and high energy and sweet. The residents who were more cognizant seemed to like them alot/knew them by name. The residents who were more out of it seemed well taken care of.

bradj62 August 19, 2011

Me and my Mother visited this senior living center awhile back for my Grandmother, who was going to have to sell her house in Plainview and get something that offered the amenities she needed. This place was incredible! They had all the bells and whistles needed, and it was actually just down the street from where we lived.

I was amazed at the staff attention and the cleanliness of the facility, and they had all kinds of activities that were available to her. Unfortunately, it was way out of her price range. The good thing was it did get her excited about the prospect of moving into a retirement center, and certainly made things easier on us as she was a bit reluctant to give up her individual freedoms. Definitely worth the look if you can afford it!

From Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock

Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, 24 hour staff

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Grand Court Lubbock