Ponder Creek Estates

620 Valley College Dr, Louisville, KY, 40272

Reviews of Ponder Creek Estates

Clara9 August 12, 2015

From my sister's point of view, the service is not as good as it was when she first moved in. Other than that, outwardly Ponder Creek Estates looks very nice to me. She doesn't cook. The food is a part of it -- three meals a day. She lives in a very small one-room apartment. Personally, I could live there happily. They have room cleaning once a week, a Laundromat, a beauty shop, and a nice dining area.

Caring106141850 May 28, 2015

We placed our mom at Ponder Creek Estates. They have 300 of these Holiday retirement facilities, and they let you travel and stay in a room in one of their other facilities. The price is right, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. They don't spend a bunch of time trying to assess my mother and trying to get an idea whether she is right for them or not. They more come along the position of "We'll see, we'll put your mom in here, see how she goes, and we will help her as much as we can." They're very flexible, they work with her, and they don't charge extra. These people are really down to earth and really cool. The place is great, and it's an incredible value. She had a swollen leg for seven years, and when she moved there, the swelling went away. It's because the food doesn't have a lot of salt in them. They have nutritionally balanced food. I'm blown away. Her apartment is beautiful. The place is gorgeous; it is a gem.

timorc March 30, 2015

Facility is nice and food is about what you would expect. Biggest problem I have is that management changes about every six months or less. One thing that is very important to elderly is consistency, but you don't get that here. As soon as residents get to know and trust the managers, they are gone. Some have been nice and caring, but others have acted asif they are just occupying time till they are moved.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been less than pleased with Ponder Creek's management turnover. We agree that our residents need to build strong, trustworthy relationships with their community's management teams and heed your concern. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please note that you're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

Carolyn100825150 October 25, 2014

Mostly the people that live at Ponder Creek Estates are very nice people. They have gone through a series of management changes in the past four months.The place is very inviting; they used to have a piano in there, but the management decided to stick it in the corner in the dining room. Everytime someone comes to play music and they need it, they have to pull it out which is hard on the piano. We have studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments, and it is a three floor building. I am in a one bedroom apartment; there is no stove or anything because all of your meals are included in your rent. There is a small refrigerator, and you can have microwave or a lot of people has other instruments and the room that they can cook with if they want. Most of the time, the food in my opinion is not bad.

Margie6 July 20, 2014

I visited Ponder Creek Estates, and it was lovely, but I couldn't possibly afford $1800 a month. I think it's a beautiful place. It's nice, and there are activities. I was able to eat some lunch there, and it was absolutely very nice. I talked to a lady on the phone several times, and a gentleman, and they were as nice as they could be. They have some excellent staff there. For people living in the area, it's the place to go.

Wandr May 11, 2014

All that glitters is not gold. I spent the night at this facility and all night long there was a lady with dementia knocking on all the doors. This was supposed to be an independent living place.

Caring78743250 February 28, 2014

I like Ponder Creek Estates because it's a little bigger. It just seem like it had a little more interaction with the residents. They had a lot of outside people come in, entertainment, music, and I think that's important for the senior community to be around. The dining area was really nice. It was a lot bigger. It was beautiful and I liked the setup they had. It was very relaxing.

Caring78005950 January 31, 2014

I found Ponder Creek Estates through word of mouth. The facility is built like a cruise ship. It's clean, well kept and just outstanding. It's also near the hospital. My dad has a spacious apartment, like 625 square feet. He has a nice bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. The managers really care about the people that lived there. Their dining facility is like a top notch restaurant. Meals are prepared by a chef. They have all kinds of activities, something is always going on there. They have a mini gym, bingo and a bus for outings. It's just a great place to be.

nanniek August 24, 2013

I spent a weekend at Ponder Creek back in July of this year. I have also been there before. I have friends that live there or had lived there. To me the place is very inviting, homy air about it. The place is very inviting, the food is very good and the people that work there are very nice and helpful. I have toured another facility that is brand new. It was very nice but not very inviting in my opinion. I have intentions of moving to Ponder Creel as soon as possible.

Norine2 April 30, 2013

I slept one night at Ponder Creek Estates. Everything was fine except I didn't like the layout of the apartment. They have the same activities as every other place would have.

Scott 1 February 19, 2013

Ponder Creek Estates was very clean and very nice. The people were fantastic and the food was great.

From Ponder Creek Estates

Ponder Creek Estates is located in Louisville, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ponder Creek Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Ponder Creek Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room