Oxmoor Lodge

8021 Christian Ct, Louisville, KY, 40222

Reviews of Oxmoor Lodge

Judy116344350 December 10, 2015

We had a tour of Oxmoor Lodge, and it was very nice. We did not eat lunch that day because we didn't make arrangements to do so. The staff was very friendly and willing to work with us financially, but they were also too pricey for my mom's budget. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the dining room was clean. The residents all spoke to us.

Myron4 September 29, 2015

Everything looked like it was as it should be. The staff answered my questions. Oxmoor Lodge was a very impressive place, and I would recommend it.

Txkimh June 14, 2015

I visited this facility with my mother, and we both loved it and felt comfortable there. Tammy and the staff were so warm and helpful. Ultimately, my mom chose another facility because the location was closer to family, but I would not hesitate to have my mother live here. The residents seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Amy42 May 03, 2015

Our visit with Oxmoor Lodge was great. They scheduled the meeting right around when the dinner service was so that we would be able to go in there to see the type of food and see the atmosphere during dinner, and it was really nice. Our whole family had a meal there, and it was great. The lady who showed us around actually works with my sister-in-law because my sister-in-law visited nursing homes, did lectures, and taught exercise because she's a physical therapist. So, she was actually friends with my sister-in-law, and she was very nice. It was a great introduction to Oxmoor Lodge.

One of the interesting things was that their facility had other facilities all over the United States, you could visit any of those facilities, and it was free. If you needed to go to the grocery store or if you needed to go shopping, they arrange travel for the residents who couldn't drive, and that was nice because my mother couldn't drive anymore. It seemed like a nice, clean, and healthy environment.

Susan72449050 February 17, 2015

Oxmoor was my least favorite. It was a little more rundown. It needs some updating. It’s not well up-kept. I didn’t smell urine, but I smelled a very strong air freshener; it was so strong that it gave me a headache. It didn’t seem to be as impressive as the other two. I noticed that they were doing just inside the community.

Hi Susan, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. I agree that first impressions are important, so I sent your feedback to our Resident Relations department for their review.

Caring84572750 January 23, 2015

My mother really likes Oxmoor Lodge. She has a one-bedroom apartment, and it is nice. The dining room is really good; it does look like a big hotel dining room. I've eaten there three times with her, and she likes the food. They have games, they go different places, and they have some sewing clubs. I was impressed with the friendly people that took us on the tour.

Jeff29 October 06, 2014

We chose Oxmoor Lodge because it was most convenient to where we live. It is well maintained, very comfortable and of good size, not large nor small. The people working there were fine with no problems. Dad is as happy as a 90 year old boy can ever be.

Caring93653750 September 17, 2014

Oxmoor Lodge was very nice. It was inexpensive and was a good deal. You’re next to a mall. They have a small walking path and a nice porch on the back. The people that ran Oxmoor Lodge live there. They seemed very accommodating to the residents. The residents can bring family members in and they get to eat for free. The dining room is nice. They actually have apartments for people that come to visit. If they have one available, guests can stay in them. The rooms were OK. The ones I’ve been in were the ones people just moved out of. And so they weren’t ready to be moved into. But I felt it was a little on the small side. But they had studio, one, and two bedroom apartments. Some of the rooms actually had a small porch that you could walk out onto. Her socialization is better in this place too. They have activities. They have buses that will take everybody somewhere; you are able to take your car, and its $10 a month for parking space. I think they celebrate the holidays, and they have a mentor program. An actual resident helps a new resident come in and get accustomed. It’s a really nice setup. My mom and I are really impressed.

Donna88395250 August 14, 2014

I liked the small apartments of Oxmoor Lodge because it was close to my church. It was close to shopping centers as well. I liked it better than the other place. The person who showed us around was very helpful and one of the waiters was also extremely helpful. The food was excellent.

Margie6 July 19, 2014

I was able to visit Oxmoor Lodge, and they have a lovely bar where you can go and get snacks 24 hours a day. The place is very attractive. The apartments are big.

Howard13 June 30, 2014

My visit with Oxmoor Lodge was very good. It was a fabulous place. The lady who assisted me was very considerate. She showed me around. Everything was explained to me like the types of care available and what type of house would be affordable. The apartments were spacious enough. I would recommend them to others.

Caring78743250 February 28, 2014

The staff was very pleasant at Oxmoor Lodge. They were very informed, too. The interaction with the residents was really positive and encouraging. It was a very clean facility. I like the apartment's setup. They also have a nice little lake in the back, so the residents can go out and relax. And it was close enough to eating areas or outside restaurants, so they could go with their family.

Howard10 December 30, 2013

Norine2 April 30, 2013

Oxmoor Lodge is VERY competitive in price. The accommodations and the food are very good. My room is a good-sized studio. The facility has a beautiful view from the backyard. It's close to the mall and there are also lots of activities to participate in. The people here are friendly.

The staff is very helpful. If you can't eat something that's being served, they'll arrange to get you something else. They provide linens and toilet paper. They do housekeeping once every week. They provide transportation, within a 10 mile radius, for doctor appointments.

The facility can improve on providing transportation on a more frequent basis instead of just once or twice a week.

taulebell August 02, 2011

My mother moved into Oxmoor Lodge in March after a hospital/nursing home stay. She is 89 and previously living in her home. The physical therapists from the nursing home suggested she need a less confined placement but yet more services than she received at home. Oxmoor Lodge and their caring staff have been a wonderful new home for my mom. The Activities Director has an excellent program which has gotten my mom into more activities than we could imagine. The three (3) lovely meals in the dining room are delicious and nutritious. The fellowship during mealtime is cordial and welcoming. This is an answer to prayer.

From Oxmoor Lodge

Oxmoor Lodge is located in Louisville, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Oxmoor Lodge for a visit...and stay!

Features of Oxmoor Lodge

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room