Brookdale Island Lake Independent Living

Reviews of Brookdale Island Lake | Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.1

September 24, 2014

Chambrel at Island Lake is the one I love. I just like everything about it. I liked our tour guide. She told us all about the facility and showed us around. She was wonderful. I just like the whole set-up. You get a full kitchen and the other ones I looked at only had partial kitchens. This one has a full kitchen with a stove. Also I love the pool. I like the atmosphere. I was able to try their food and it was wonderful. Overall, I was really impressed with the people and everything else they had to offer.

December 30, 2013

By Linda76569450

I like that the Chambrel at Island Lake do have cottages and not just high rise building. It was like a home to me. They have an outside area with a patio and a grassy ground. They have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's just very nice. They have different activities like crafts and computer classes. They also have physical therapy, water aerobics, and many more.

November 22, 2013

Chambrel at Island Lake was nice, very clean and very large. There was a bit of walking and some residents were older. The distances toward the dining room or parking lot would be one of the things they should be concerned about. The apartments had a complete kitchen. The residents seemed active, happy and contented. They had a lot of activities and there was a calendar on the wall with what was happening and what was available. They had several computers for residents who wanted to work or took lessons. There was also a swimming pool and water exercises. The lady that showed me around was very friendly, nice and helpful. In the dining room, the people were helpful and pleasant. I had lunch and the food was delicious. They had a good selection of food, some were available all the time and others were available for the day only. It seemed like you can have anything you wanted. I was really interested in this facility and I would recommend it to others.

October 28, 2013

By Russell6

Chambrel was a really nice facility. I would compare them to where we live now. The only thing was that I think they're a little more expensive than normal. However, you do get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. They took us around and showed us several apartments. Surprisingly, when we went there, we had a very good lunch there. Their dining room was really nice with tablecloths and waitresses and waiters who took care of our needs. For sure I would recommend this place.

October 23, 2013

By Tom35

We like Chambrel the best because the staff seems very nice. They were very helpful as we were walking through the place that day and answering follow-up questions. They seem to have a lot of tenure so it's nice to know that there's not a lot of turnover in staff. We thought that was important. The room layout is really the most ideal because it had a separate kitchen and a separate bedroom. It was a nice galley type of kitchen with an opening in the wall that you could actually sit at the island if you wanted to. It seemed to have a nice division between the rooms. Dad can swim there year round which is a big thing for him because the pool is heated. He's met some people and is playing cards on a regular basis and seems to be doing pretty well. The food was pretty good the time we ate there with him. He didn't like the spaghetti sauce and we reminded him that he's Italian and he's had his favorite spaghetti sauce for many years and obviously any place he goes is going to be different. He seems to be doing okay there.

May 31, 2013

By Lex2

Me and my wife are actually in the process of beginning to look for a independent living facility and we have visited Chambrel. It's very close to the city of Orlando. It's in business residential area. The place was very well kept up and I'm just pleased about everything. Everything was modern. The apartments were actually comfortable. The staff was nice.

Features of Brookdale Island Lake

About Brookdale Island Lake

Brookdale Island Lake provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Map of Brookdale Island Lake