Brookdale Island Lake | Independent Living

160 Islander Court, Longwood, FL, 32750

Reviews of Brookdale Island Lake | Independent Living

Jo20 January 22, 2015

I've known a few people that lived in Chambrel. They do have apartments, but the one that I visited are in the same building where they cook the food. I can't bear smelling food all the time. The food was OK. The staff was friendly, and they have a lot of activities. They have a bus that takes them wherever they want to go. I like that you could have your separate apartment. It's a nice place, but I just would not live there if I can help it.

Caring2800 December 03, 2014

Chambrel was excellently super. The room and the dining room were very nice, and I think everybody was very nice. I liked it best. They had a lot of things going on, and the staff was very nice.

Toni10 October 25, 2014

I liked Chambrel. I liked the people. I found everybody to be friendly. I liked the facility. It was well kept, and I liked the way it was laid out. It was pretty nice. I would absolutely recommend them to others.

Caring83871250 September 24, 2014

Chambrel at Island Lake is the one I love. I just like everything about it. I liked our tour guide. She told us all about the facility and showed us around. She was wonderful. I just like the whole set-up. You get a full kitchen and the other ones I looked at only had partial kitchens. This one has a full kitchen with a stove. Also I love the pool. I like the atmosphere. I was able to try their food and it was wonderful. Overall, I was really impressed with the people and everything else they had to offer.

Linda76569450 December 30, 2013

I like that the Chambrel at Island Lake do have cottages and not just high rise building. It was like a home to me. They have an outside area with a patio and a grassy ground. They have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's just very nice. They have different activities like crafts and computer classes. They also have physical therapy, water aerobics, and many more.

Caring0111 November 22, 2013

Chambrel at Island Lake was nice, very clean and very large. There was a bit of walking and some residents were older. The distances toward the dining room or parking lot would be one of the things they should be concerned about. The apartments had a complete kitchen. The residents seemed active, happy and contented. They had a lot of activities and there was a calendar on the wall with what was happening and what was available. They had several computers for residents who wanted to work or took lessons. There was also a swimming pool and water exercises. The lady that showed me around was very friendly, nice and helpful. In the dining room, the people were helpful and pleasant. I had lunch and the food was delicious. They had a good selection of food, some were available all the time and others were available for the day only. It seemed like you can have anything you wanted. I was really interested in this facility and I would recommend it to others.

Russell6 October 28, 2013

Chambrel was a really nice facility. I would compare them to where we live now. The only thing was that I think they're a little more expensive than normal. However, you do get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. They took us around and showed us several apartments. Surprisingly, when we went there, we had a very good lunch there. Their dining room was really nice with tablecloths and waitresses and waiters who took care of our needs. For sure I would recommend this place.

Tom35 October 23, 2013

We like Chambrel the best because the staff seems very nice. They were very helpful as we were walking through the place that day and answering follow-up questions. They seem to have a lot of tenure so it's nice to know that there's not a lot of turnover in staff. We thought that was important. The room layout is really the most ideal because it had a separate kitchen and a separate bedroom. It was a nice galley type of kitchen with an opening in the wall that you could actually sit at the island if you wanted to. It seemed to have a nice division between the rooms. Dad can swim there year round which is a big thing for him because the pool is heated. He's met some people and is playing cards on a regular basis and seems to be doing pretty well. The food was pretty good the time we ate there with him. He didn't like the spaghetti sauce and we reminded him that he's Italian and he's had his favorite spaghetti sauce for many years and obviously any place he goes is going to be different. He seems to be doing okay there.

Lex2 May 31, 2013

Me and my wife are actually in the process of beginning to look for a independent living facility and we have visited Chambrel. It's very close to the city of Orlando. It's in business residential area. The place was very well kept up and I'm just pleased about everything. Everything was modern. The apartments were actually comfortable. The staff was nice.

From Brookdale Island Lake

Brookdale Island Lake provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Brookdale Island Lake