Good Shepherd Retirement Community

2701 Aldersgate Road, Little Rock, AR, 72205

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Good Shepherd Retirement Community

Caring108494150 June 30, 2015

I am in Good Shepherd Community. My room is very nice. It is smaller than where I live, but it is OK. The place is very clean.

Caring102331650 February 11, 2015

I have visited Good Shepherd; it had several buildings in one place. The biggest thing I liked was that everything was right there. They actually had a lake out there.

They served one meal a day which is what I like on that. In the morning you have to get up and push your button in the bathroom. By 9 o’clock they’re going to be calling you; if you don’t answer the phone, they are going to be coming to your door to check on you.

The dining area was very nice and clean. It’s a safe community, and the room had a full-sized refrigerator.

Caring99251450 December 30, 2014

Good Shepherd is very good, and that's where I placed my father. He has been in their independent living facility for 5 years, and we just moved him to their assisted living last November. Our experience in the independent living for 5 years is good. The staff is very good. They have activities like bingo, they have a singing group and dominoes, and my father enjoys some of their activities.

Marilyn34 December 17, 2014

I live in the Good Shepherd Retirement Community, and it is very nice. I love the people here, and the food is wonderful. I couldn't be happier. The people that own this place are very nice. I can't say anything bad. We have a transportation driver with a Cadillac and a new Chrysler, so we have good rides to the doctor's office, the grocery stores, and wherever else we want to go. Our chef has just the best things that you could eat and want. He is anxious to please us, and he does. He is just wonderful. I toured all of the buildings to see which one I wanted to go to, and Rhineheart -- in my opinion -- is the best one I could afford, and I couldn't be happier. There are 19 apartments on each floor of the building, and we are just like a wonderful family. We have parties all the time, and it's just wonderful. I have a one-bedroom apartment, and none of them have studios. We have a one bedroom and a two-bedroom. I am happy here. It is cozy, and I have a balcony out from the living room overlooking these beautiful pine trees. This is just the absolute best that you could imagine, and to me it is.

LittleRockCM October 01, 2012

Overall, we have been satisfied with this retirement community. The rooms feel like small studio apartments which are often partitioned with portable screens. There is also a bathroom with hand rails near the toilet for ease of use. The library has a large selection of books with large print, and they have several activities throughout the week, such as classes, exercises, and art activities. I cannot speak to the quality of these programs since my family members rarely participated, but I do know that my Grandmother and Great Aunt enjoy the bingo. My great aunt speaks highly of the cafeteria, of which she appreciates the flavor of the food and the occasional themed meal. She does most of her socializing through the cafeteria. The staff has always been friendly and supportive, and the facilities have been clean. Our biggest complaint was when the cable company placed new receptors on the televisions which caused my Great Aunt's television picture to become distorted and wavy. It took several weeks for Good Shepard to coordinate repairs with the cable company. Other than that, all parties have been satisfied with Good Shepard Retirement Community, and both my Grandmother and Great Aunt are pleased with the amenities and the social atmosphere this retirement community fosters.

About Good Shepherd Retirement Community

Good Shepherd Retirement Community is an independent living community in Little Rock, AR designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Good Shepherd Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Good Shepherd Retirement Community