Brentwood Estates

Reviews of Brentwood Estates

4.3

March 27, 2016

By cherykm

Brentwood Estates was very nice. Mike, the manager, was fantastic and gave me a wonderful tour. I would love to be there. It was for my brother who decided not to go there, but not because he didn’t really like the place; it was for other reasons.

January 25, 2016

By Jamie13

We went to Brentwood Estates for a visit. It's a lovely facility, and it's basically senior living. I need something that has more assisted living. The rooms were nice, and we were treated well. The surprising thing about it was that the one-bedroom apartment had the same price as or was even cheaper than the studio.

June 25, 2015

I liked Brentwood Estates, but the price was way too high for me. The staff was OK; they were fine. I liked that it was clean and nice, and the people were really nice.

February 26, 2015

I had my mother in Brentwood Estates for a couple of months, and I liked it very much. It was very clean, welcoming, and very warm. It was my mother's choice. I would not have chosen that place just because she needed assisted living, but I let her make that choice. One of the reasons why we left there was because there were times when she needed help, and they refused to help. She was having difficulty too with the meals. There was four weeks that they had to shut down their dining hall. They served meals at the rooms, and the meals consisted of mostly sandwiches. She lost about 25 pounds because she didn't like the food that was being brought to her, and she just quit eating. They need to have management that is more patient and considerate with their tenants, but overall it was a nice place.

Questions About Brentwood Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brentwood Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Brentwood has a very active resident population. Our residents enjoy the family atmosphere found at Brentwood Estates. With the recent addition of our snack food Bistro, the opportunity to visit with friends increased significantly.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Our location in Lincoln provides our residents easy access to the VA, St. Elizabeth Hospital and numerous Dr. Offices. We are also close to the State Capitol Building and the University of Nebraska. Go Huskers! Shopping and restaurants are just a few minutes away on a major street.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brentwood Estates has organized?

Each month, our residents have the opportunity to join the "Lunch Bunch" and enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants available in Lincoln. They also have the chance to visit the Casino several times a year. Typically, there is an "off-site" event weekly for our residents to enjoy.

What transportation services does Brentwood Estates offer to independent living residents?

Brentwood Estates has a shuttle bus that runs 4 days a week to medical appointments, shopping and specialty events. There is no additional cost for utilizing the shuttle.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brentwood Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our chef grew up in Mexico City around food. He worked in several area restaurants prior to coming to Brentwood Estates. His specialty is Mexican food. He brings a passion to our menu that is very diverse and has multiple choices daily for our residents to enjoy.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our dining room is the social "hub" of Brentwood Estates. In addition, our residents can share a cup of coffee and conversation in our snack food Bistro. We also have a full kitchen in our Activity Room and our Exercise Room and Library can be found on the first floor of Brentwood Estates. We also have a self-pay salon that caters to both men and women.

What safety features or security measures does Brentwood Estates offer to independent living residents?

Brentwood Estates features the Great Call Mobile Urgent Response Device. This non-community based device works wherever you go. It's powered by the largest and most dependable wireless network, so it works when you need it, no matter where you are. Just press the button to speak immediately to a Certified 5Star Agent, who will get you the help you need, in any situation.

If Brentwood Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brentwood Estates is pet friendly and we welcome our furry friends! Animals are allowed in the private apartment of our resident as well as hallways and outdoor common areas. Pets are not allowed in the dining room or anywhere in the community where food may be present.

Does Brentwood Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

While Brentwood Estates is an Independent Living Retirement Community, we do invite any of the area Home Health Agencies from Lincoln to bring additional services to our residents on an "as needed" basis.

Photos of Brentwood Estates

Features of Brentwood Estates

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Brentwood Estates

Brentwood Estates is located in Lincoln, NE, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Brentwood Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Brentwood Estates