The Village at Southlake

Overview of Ratings

4.6

April 13, 2015

By Dianne25

The Village at Southlake was too expensive, but nice. The rooms were tiny. It was clean, and the people who showed us around were nice. I would recommend if they can afford it. I can't really say what they could improve on except the price. And most of the rooms -- unless you pay more -- don't have a door going to the outside. It does go outside into the hallway, and we saw one room that had a door that went outside with a patio, but it costs more. It was like staying in a motel room with no balcony, and the rooms weren't even as big as a motel room.

March 21, 2015

I have been living here at The Village at Southlake since January 31st. I like the community because of its location, and this is a good place. The dining is good, and the food is good. The staff is friendly. Both the desk staff and the maid service are quick. We take bus trips to go shopping and to the doctors. My room is kind of a studio. It has a kitchen and a bathroom. There isn't any crime around here.

September 30, 2014

By Frank30

We were very impressed with the staff at The Village; it’s like a big family. They call at least every two weeks to check up on us, how we are doing, how things are going, and they’re looking forward to us being there. We like the garden homes which are two bedrooms because my sister and I are looking for a place together, and I guess that the residents were active and interacting with each other; they weren’t just in their rooms or themselves. I also saw a resident that had a small dog with her in the lobby and that was a happy thing to see. One of the reason why we like the facility is because the garden homes are separate from the main building, it’s not like living in an apartment.

July 31, 2014

The Village is beautiful. They have townhouses with garages attached, homes with patios and also apartments. We were able to spend a week there and the staff was very nice. The food and the menu were good. They had a computer room, which was nice. They also had a theater, an exercise room, a classroom, a library, a barbershop, and a hair salon.

October 31, 2013

The Village would have been the perfect place but they wanted a big $2200 a month. That was for an apartment, meals, everything and by the time I was able to get the money up, they had went up to $2600 a month and it was just too expensive. That was the one and only place that I went to that was good. They had the nursing home in the center. They had what they called garden apartments which circled the facility and then they had separate 1- and 2-bedroom apartments and that would have suited us. They were carpeted, patio in the back and there were vents between the apartments. I had lunch there and the food was wonderful. They have a sous chef. I'm not able to cook and my husband would not be able to live in a confined space. He is a Vietnam vet and he can't be shut up or he thinks he can't get out so that would have been the perfect place. We would have to go up and eat our meals and somebody would come in once a week and clean. Everything was provided except for telephones.

June 21, 2013

The Village at South Lake is a very clean place. Their lawn is pretty good. The staff is very good and accommodating. Their price is fair. I find the food very good. Their dining room is like a restaurant. We have two hours to eat during breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we are served with a menu. We get a salad and a soup with each lunch and dinner meal. They also serve fruits and desserts.

Photos of The Village at Southlake

Features of The Village at Southlake

• Minimum Rate: $1900/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes

About The Village at Southlake

The Village at Southlake redefines senior retirement living. With a focus on providing you with the lifestyle options you want and the carefree living you deserve, our community is designed to exceed your expectations. From shopping trips, quiet time or fun with family and friends – your life at the Village is about choice, independence and a healthy lifestyle.

Enjoy indoor meals or al fresco dining on the patio, transportation for shopping and appointments, maintenance free living and the luxury of time to do the things you really want to do.

Just minutes away from downtown Lexington, The Village at Southlake is combines the beauty and recreation of Lexington's inviting climate with the amenities and services you've come to expect from the best senior living community.

Map of The Village at Southlake