The Village at Southlake

123 Gibson Road, Lexington, SC, 29072

Reviews of The Village at Southlake

Frank30 September 30, 2014

We were very impressed with the staff at The Village; it’s like a big family. They call at least every two weeks to check up on us, how we are doing, how things are going, and they’re looking forward to us being there. We like the garden homes which are two bedrooms because my sister and I are looking for a place together, and I guess that the residents were active and interacting with each other; they weren’t just in their rooms or themselves. I also saw a resident that had a small dog with her in the lobby and that was a happy thing to see. One of the reason why we like the facility is because the garden homes are separate from the main building, it’s not like living in an apartment.

Caring82670450 July 31, 2014

The Village is beautiful. They have townhouses with garages attached, homes with patios and also apartments. We were able to spend a week there and the staff was very nice. The food and the menu were good. They had a computer room, which was nice. They also had a theater, an exercise room, a classroom, a library, a barbershop, and a hair salon.

Caring68650550 October 31, 2013

The Village would have been the perfect place but they wanted a big $2200 a month. That was for an apartment, meals, everything and by the time I was able to get the money up, they had went up to $2600 a month and it was just too expensive. That was the one and only place that I went to that was good.

They had the nursing home in the center. They had what they called garden apartments which circled the facility and then they had separate 1- and 2-bedroom apartments and that would have suited us. They were carpeted, patio in the back and there were vents between the apartments. I had lunch there and the food was wonderful. They have a sous chef. I'm not able to cook and my husband would not be able to live in a confined space. He is a Vietnam vet and he can't be shut up or he thinks he can't get out so that would have been the perfect place. We would have to go up and eat our meals and somebody would come in once a week and clean. Everything was provided except for telephones.

Caring2159 June 21, 2013

The Village at South Lake is a very clean place. Their lawn is pretty good. The staff is very good and accommodating. Their price is fair. I find the food very good. Their dining room is like a restaurant. We have two hours to eat during breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we are served with a menu. We get a salad and a soup with each lunch and dinner meal. They also serve fruits and desserts.

From The Village at Southlake

The Village at Southlake redefines senior retirement living. With a focus on providing you with the lifestyle options you want and the carefree living you deserve, our community is designed to exceed your expectations. From shopping trips, quiet time or fun with family and friends – your life at the Village is about choice, independence and a healthy lifestyle.

Enjoy indoor meals or al fresco dining on the patio, transportation for shopping and appointments, maintenance free living and the luxury of time to do the things you really want to do.

Just minutes away from downtown Lexington, The Village at Southlake is combines the beauty and recreation of Lexington's inviting climate with the amenities and services you've come to expect from the best senior living community.

Features of The Village at Southlake

• Detached homes
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Minimum age: 55