Hartland Hills

1005 Tanbark Rd, Lexington, KY, 40515

Reviews of Hartland Hills

Visitor120993750 March 09, 2016

I didn't like Hartland Hills. It's very smokey inside because they allow smokers. The staff was professional. There were activities. It was clean, but the rooms were really dated, badly in need of upgrading, and not big. The carpets weren't in good shape. I didn't feel like my mother would get good value for her money there.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, thank you for taking the time to leave a sincere review. It's feedback like this that helps us provide a better lifestyle for seniors, so thank you. I've forwarded your feedback onto our Resident Relations department for their review. Thanks again, Katie

Caring115255150 October 28, 2015

I visited Hartland Hills. I looked at a rental unit that was about the same as with the other facility, but it costs a little bit more per month. I like it, but not enough to move. I think there need to be more rental units available to people on a limited income.

Cathy109883550 July 31, 2015

I really liked Hartland Hills. It looked fresh and new; it looked like it had just been painted, and the people were very friendly. They had a little bit more open space.

Caring105707850 May 06, 2015

I toured Hartland Hills. It was a nice place. It was clean and seemed to be orderly; the person giving the tour was friendly. According to what they told us, they do have personnel on site. They will assist you in whatever they can. If it seems to be too much for them, they will either make a decision whether to call the family or call 911. They have somebody come to help. They don’t have any stoves, but there is a small sink and a small refrigerator.

Jamie Leigh March 27, 2015

We are moving grandma to Hartland Hills. She got to choose a 1-bedroom, brand new apartment. They provide three meals a day. Her apartment has kitchenette, no stove, which is a big thing that she didn't need to have. They do the housekeeping weekly and linen weekly. They wash her linen and her clothes at their laundry facility on all the floors. Grandma has taken her two kitty cats with her. They actually waived the move in fee. The food is very good. and it was a lot better than anything I loved. They have at least six to eight activities every day. They also take them to Wal-Mart with the scheduled shopping and to her scheduled doctor's appointments. They provide the transportation there. They have a beauty parlor so she can get her hair done.

Ronda3 April 23, 2014

Everything was fine at Hartland Hills. The facility, including the grounds, is very well kept. I like the facility's location, and I also like the layout of the facility. The staff was very helpful, and they continue to be helpful and follow up with us. I was very impressed with the facility. They have a very nice dining facility. They have a monthly calendar where they list all the activities, and they told me that if there is something that they want to do and it is not available, they will make it available for them, and so I was pretty impressed with that too.

Else1 February 25, 2014

I loved Hartland, it felt homey and comfortable. I liked that it was all in one building. It was 3 floors and there was a library on the second floor and a community room on the third floor. You don’t have to go outside anymore. It was also a small place. The staff was very nice and seemed to know everybody by their first names. The rooms were fine and I was able to look at the one bedroom type. We had lunch and the food was very good. They also had a nursing service. They had transportation to various places and they had workout activities.

Karen42 May 26, 2013

Hartland Hills was a two-level facility. Both levels had small living areas where you could watch television or play pool. We thought that if we put her there she would not be able to go out of her room. It was a very nice place but they did not have a dementia unit.

Susan 1 August 22, 2012

My mother's been there since April of this year. It's a totally independent facility, but they have caregivers on site. Medicare/Medicaid pays for them. There's a nurse and physical therapist that comes to her room. They have pull cords in the room so if she's in trouble, somebody would come and check on her. If they don't see her within a period or a day, they'll go check on her. It's a very nice area, but it's 25 minutes away from me, so I'm trying to find a place that's closer. The staff is very nice. They keep things dusted and vacuumed. They've got 3 meals a day, an open and airy place with windows, and a flowers house. She just had some issues adjusting to being there because at 86 she's a very independent lady.

From Hartland Hills

Hartland Hills is located in Lexington, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Hartland Hills for a visit...and stay!

Features of Hartland Hills

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room