The Carlyle

1098 NE Independence Ave, Lees Summit, MO, 64086

Reviews of The Carlyle

RK1 October 29, 2015

Everything was very nice at The Carlyle. Breakfast was served at 7:00, lunch was served at 12:30, and dinner was served at 5:00, and we were not comfortable. We rather had open sitting. However, I understood why they had to do that, because they had to hire people to serve. Also, you had to pay for your three meals, and that was in your monthly rent. We thought we could just do one meal. The portions were really small. However, the staff was very friendly. The place was clean and cheerful. They had popcorn. They had games going. Some of them were playing pool, and playing cards. They had beautiful art works on the walls. The cottages were very nice, and they had plenty of parking.

Susan110473450 August 05, 2015

I was impressed with my visit at The Carlyle. The staff was great. The rooms were exceptional. The setup was attractive and pleasant. They offer different activities; pretty much anything in that facility can do. We didn’t get into a lot of detail with it, but it looked like they had plenty of activities set up. They have places to do puzzles and games. Their dining area looked very good.

Marge12 July 04, 2015

I was able to visit The Carlyle, and I like it. It was very clean. A lot of people were out and about, so they weren't in their rooms. They were out doing stuff. The staff took me everywhere and showed me all the rooms. He took his time, and he wasn’t in a hurry. I really like the place, but I just think it's just a tad bit expensive.

Caring103542850 March 23, 2015

What I liked about the Carlyle was that there was a lot of people out and active. The residents were doing activities -- exercise classes and playing pool -- and they were doing some holiday programs. The staff was very friendly and helpful, very informative, willing to answer, and would stop what they were doing to answer any question that I had. I had lunch there, and the food was good.

Debbie97739450 February 10, 2015

The Carlyle was quite nice. The chef prepared three meals a day, and they have many activities daily. They have shuttle services when they go out. They have a casino boat here, and they take them there if they want to go. They go to plays or the ballet downtown. They have little homes there, and the place that I looked at was a two-bedroom apartment with a bath. It was quite nice. The price was a lot lower than what I expected it to be. I interacted with all the different people the guy let me talk with. I asked if he has a short list of people that he let new people talk with, but he said no. He said "walk up to anybody you want, and I'm sure you'll find everyone very receptive." I did, and they all can't say enough good things about it.

Joe104642950 January 19, 2015

We visited The Carlyle. It’s a very nice facility, with good management and very clean accommodations. It has a really friendly atmosphere too. We have a friend that’s been there for several years. He is well cared for, and he enjoys the place. He is very much involved with the activities and the fellowship with the people living there. They have an activities director, games, cards, and bingos. They also have periodic trips to some of the malls where they take people who want to go shopping. It’s independent although they have one of the local hospitals to complete the nursing service up to the point that does not include Alzheimer’s, but they have a wandering Alzheimer’s unit as well. It’s a very positive situation at the present time.

dsheath November 15, 2014

This is a beautiful facility with lovely apartments and 3 meals a day in a lovely dining room with apparently great chefs. I was most impressed on my tour. However, the facility was priced way above my budget.

Karen80209150 September 24, 2014

The Carlyle was very nice and the people seemed to be very happy. They invited us for lunch and they had a resident to sit with us and to talk to us about the facility. We converse with her through the whole lunch which is very enjoyable and she was very nice. The rooms were very nice and they all had an outside window. it was large enough for king size bed if you wanted it, and the rooms were larger than most of the other communities. They had options like the main meal or you could pick anything that you want, or you could have other food that they had available. They have activities all the time, they go places, they had people come in to put on shows, sing-alongs, bingo, and Wii bowling -- which a lot of the ladies really enjoy. They had a large library with very nice seats, so people could just sit in that area and read if they wanted to. They could have replaced the carpet itself; though it wasn’t dirty, it was just getting worn already, but I would definitely recommend this community.

Caring74239850 February 14, 2014

The biggest disadvantage to The Carlyle was there were three floors and there were over two hundred apartments, but there was only one elevator for the whole place. I did not like that at all. I just don't think that it was safe for my parents. The people were nice. There were just so many things though that I didn't like. There was a set time for eating; it wasn't an open time, so everybody had to be there at the set time. I think that is why they said they had problems with the elevator because everybody got to their eating at one time, so if you want to go up to your room on the second or third floor, there were lines waiting to use the elevator.

Linda74706350 November 27, 2013

The Carlyle was a very nice place. They had very good food. We talked with the director who toured us to the building and he was very nice. They had studio and one-bedroom apartments. They were in a very nice size. That, I believed, included all the meals. It was clean and well kept. People were out and about in the hallways. It was a nice facility.

Chelsea4 September 25, 2013

The Carlyle reminded me more of a nursing home than an independent living. Everything was fine. The staff was very helpful. A man took us around. They had a help care. However, their rooms were too small and it didn't have a stove nor a refrigerator or a sink.

Joseph15 August 22, 2013

The Carlyle looks very nice, it's close to our family and it provides a good deal of value for the money or the cost. The food was excellent. One of the things that impressed me was that the people who actually run the place live there and eat there. That means they know what's going on a lot of times and if some things go wrong, they'll know it immediately. They're not going to ignore things that are going wrong because they're living there. The rooms are very nice and the people are nice and treat us with courtesy. At some point when I'm ready to go to assisted living that would be something that I'll look into.

Caring8614 April 18, 2013

The Carlyle was nice. The people were amenable. It was just overpriced for my income.

gjb May 16, 2012

We visited The Carlyle as a possibility of a future home for my Mother-in-Law. She was residing in a home in Wichita Kansas managed by the same company. We thought by moving her at age 88 to a new home in a new city it would be easier for her to adjust if there were minimal variables changed in her daily routine.Had we chosen to move her to The Carlyle from The Grasslands in Wichita, there would have been minimal changes, almost to a scary degree. The Carlyle is identical to The Grasslands and to the home in Olathe KS managed by the same company. The main difference for this particular facility is the fact it is built as a mirror image to the other locations. It has the same grand staircase, same dining room, etc. The monthly fee is similar to all other locations, and comparable to other homes in our location. A tour of several apartment found a very nice floor plan, one quite different from her existing unit. As we had not been involved in her prior searches we were not aware there were better floor plans than what she was already living in. The unit we selected for final consideration had a large living room, with a very nice deck. The room felt spacious and very cozy. It did seem somewhat institutional with the whiter than white walls, and very neutral decor. We were impressed that the refrigerator in this unit was much larger than her apartment style (too small to stand up a bottle) unit in Wichita. The location of The Carlyle is excellent. It is very near St. Luke's Hospital in Lee's Summit, and the surrounding medical community. Wal-Mart is across the street from the home, allowing the more mobile residents to walk across the street, or to take their motorized scooters when they desired, instead of waiting for a scheduled visit. Beyond the few differences noted above, if you have visited any other facilities managed by the same company, you can feel assured this one is exactly the same.

drgonzo April 18, 2012

The Carlisle is a modern retirement community in Lee's Summit, Missouri, managed by the Holiday corporation, which has several facilities in western states. The three-story building is decorated with tasteful chairs, tables, and couches in the halls and other common areas. Numerous framed prints are hung in these areas, lending a welcoming atmosphere to the common areas. We were given a thorough tour of the facility, and the staff offered a meal. The facility opened in 2005, and is modern in design and furnishings. A large dining hall is located on the first floor, with numerous round tables and rolling chairs. The dining room doubles as a large meeting room, and is equipped with a piano. Three daily meals are included in the rent. The Carlisle has a variety of apartment floor plans, from studios to two-bedroom units. We toured several units and found them all to be pleasant. They are equipped with small kitchenettes with apartment-sized refrigerators. Cooking is prohibited. The building includes a hairdresser's shop and a bank. There is a room with a large-screen TV and an area with a pool table. The Carlisle's friendly staff makes this a good choice among senior residences.

Ruth M. September 30, 2011

I have an elder family member who lives at this facility and has for several years now. I go to visit and help her with chores a few times a week. I think it's a nice place. It's kept clean and maintained. The grounds are flawless, the lawn is always mowed and the sidewalks and pathways free of debris. Their kitchen serves 3 meals a day and the menu doesn't sound bad, though the food never really looks very good and the portions are small. My family member doesn't like the food and likes me to make her something to eat whenever I visit. I wash her laundry for her and the laundry rooms are always kept up nicely. There have been a few times I have ran into a maintenance issue (both in her private room or out in common areas) and it was always easy to find someone to fix the problem. They have all kinds of activities available for residents - from book clubs to yoga classes. They have entertainers who periodically perform (no big names, of course, but still talented) and they have a lot of other luxuries that can make someone feel more comfortable such as an elevator to the higher floors, a recreational room with a big-screen TV, an exercise room, pool table, library, beauty salon and a temple. Sure, it's still not home, but I have known others who lived in other retirement homes and none of them were this nice!

From The Carlyle

The Carlyle is located in Lees Summit, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Carlyle for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Carlyle

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room