Brookdale Leawood

4400 West 115th St., Leawood, KS, 66211

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Leawood

Jill27 May 29, 2015

The residents were quite friendly, and we heard a lot of great comments about the food. Some of them had moved from other places to Brookdale Leawood (Formerly Town Village Leawood) for the food. But it didn't have any patio where my mother could let her dog out. The apartments were fine, and they would work for what we needed. They're small though. They had arts and crafts and an exercise room.

Janelle5 April 30, 2015

We visited Brookdale Leawood. It was nicely appointed and very clean. I think what my parents liked the most -- or I liked the most -- was the indoor pool. I also think that the ice cream parlor was something that was kind of nice.

Paul99220650 December 30, 2014

My mom is in Brookdale. She is really impressed with the staff. The facility is very nice. They completely redid the apartment she is in. They have new carpet, appliances, and counter top. Everything is within her budget and meets her needs.

For the short period that my mom was there, the staff has been very helpful, very accommodating, and pretty much goes out of their way to make sure she feels welcome and help her anyway that they can. The dining room staff makes sure that she has somebody to sit with. It seems to be very good. I are there once with her; I think the food is excellent. They have a new chef, and the food is really good. They seem to have a lot of things. They have the normal stuff like dominoes, and of course, because of the holidays they have a lot of things going on. The people can go to movies, and they have travels.

I like that they seem to have a lot to offer. The staff is very friendly and nice. It is a well-put together facility, and it is very clean looking. The others that I looked at look like warehouses for older people, and this one looks like a community. It seems very nice, and all the residents there that we met seem like they are glad to be there.

Caring103045150 December 15, 2014

Brookdale Leawood was very nice, and the people were very nice. They were clean, good smelling, and all those nice things. They were very accommodating because I spent the night there every night with my mom before she passed away. Their dining room seemed fine. I don't know if I would have felt really comfortable leaving her alone in the room. Yes, there was a button to push, so there was a way for them to get assistance, but there was no way for them to be everywhere for you. At some point, my mom was in a delicate state actually, and she just hated to be there.

Betty88343850 October 25, 2014

Everybody at Town Village was really nice and everything was pretty good. We liked the rooms and their activities. I liked their pool. They gave us a certificate to go to their snack bar.

Caring75057150 March 31, 2014

Right now, Mom is in Town Village and is doing OK. She's limited in what she can do because she has macular degeneration and hearing loss, but she does do the exercise program. She also goes on local trips and plays cards. She has a companion who comes to visit her twice a week and plays cards with her. The food is very good most of the time.

Chelsea4 September 25, 2013

It was very nice and a new facility. The woman I talked to was very nice. However, the apartment that I saw seemed to be very small because the washer and dryer were taking up space. But I still liked it.

klm4words March 01, 2013

My 94-year old mom is a resident at Town Village Leawood. Below, is an email that I sent the staff to share my delight with the care she is experiencing there:

I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you how happy my mom is to be living at Town Village. When I spoke to her last night, I had tears in my eyes hearing the delight in her voice as she described the live music at the Christmas tree lighting, the amazing holiday light show she attended, the awesome desserts eaten recently, and the many interesting folks she has met there. No kidding, she sounded 15 years younger"¦and at 94, that improvement pushes her back into her 70's!

A widow for 36 years, Mom was always an independent lady, so our family wasn't sure how she would react to such a major life change. It's a cliché, but we all wish she had moved in sooner. In earlier years, she was quite a painter, and our family always encouraged her to keep at it, but it wasn't until she moved into Town Village that she picked up her paint brush for the Saturday class. Her current plan is to sign up for everything she can.

Here were a few issues that Town Village helped our family solve: 1. In her home, Mom wasn't eating well and kept losing weight. Now, she raves about the food in every conversation. Mom looks forward to the Saturday biscuits and gravy, Tuesday and Saturday wine, Sunday brunch, and dessert every night "“ a la mode, of course. 2. Before Town Village, she insisted on driving, which made us all nervous. Since moving in she hasn't driven once. No confrontation or "˜taking of keys' necessary, because she enjoys riding on the bus or getting limo-driven to her doctor's appointments. (Who wouldn't?) 3. Her leg pain forced her to quit acting in her senior acting group about 18 months ago, so at home she had little social interaction "“ spending much of each day alone with Fox News. Now she talks about her many new friends and neighbors "“ and the activities they are doing together. 4. Mom wasn't hearing well, but adamantly refused to consider hearing aids. When she moved into Town Village, she decided that she didn't want to miss the conversations with her new friends, so now she sports two shiny new hearing aids. 5. In her home, if she didn't answer the phone when we called, we worried that she had fallen. Now, if she doesn't answer the phone, we're pretty sure she's out doing something interesting! She saw the movie "˜Lincoln' before I did!

It's evident that this type of success story doesn't happen randomly "“ it takes a detailed plan and many caring, dedicated people. Town Village has all the pieces in place. Your assistance finding the right apartment for Mom, and keeping the move-in smooth, was awesome. It's clear that the staff truly enjoys the residents. You can't fake genuineness. I tell my friends that "“ rather than an "˜old folks home' "“ Town Village feels like an upscale hotel where the residents are appreciated guests.

I tell my friends with aging parents that when it comes to creating a wonderful atmosphere for seniors, that Town Village Leawood "gets it". I don't know exactly what you're doing there, but our family hopes you all will keep doing it!

From Brookdale Leawood

Brookdale Leawood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Leawood

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Tennis courts
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Leawood