Montara Meadows | Independent Living

3150 E Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV, 89121

Reviews of Montara Meadows | Independent Living

Daniel435757 June 30, 2016

I visited Montara Meadows and liked it a lot. It’s a really nice place.

MichelleSMINV May 11, 2016

We saw Montara Meadows and we didn’t like it. Because it’s dumpy, it needs to be remodeled. It has a terrible floorplan, it has a terrible grounds, and we didn’t like the people. We just didn’t like it. The price was terrible too. My mother is really frugal and she’ll refuse to pay the price.

Nancy's Niece XVRKE May 11, 2016

What an awesome facility! I enjoyed my time there so much! I chatted with residents, saw the property and all it had to offer and really enjoyed my time with Lisa, who was my guide. I was and am 100 percent sure my aunt, who I was looking for, would be so happy there. Sadly for her, she really isn't ready to make the move yet. I pray when my aunt is ready there will be a place for her at Montara Meadows, I can't recommend it highly enough!

montara meadow December 30, 2015

my friend lived there since last My 2015 till December 28. during this term she had ill and stayed Sunrise hospital. One day on November, she came back she found her jewelry and quarters were missing. we reported to office about this and they accepted this report. Little after I asked this result , one of manager said you should report police department not this office even they accepted report. My friend who was resident lost them.
The other things happened. She noticed to move day December 28, 2015. Two weeks before she moved they start cleaning for next tenant even her furniture were still there. I, as her friend, complained to Director of marketing. he said this is regular cleaning and he did not understand why I was upset.
I request her last statement for couple of days, I never receive yet. There is one Manager Jane(?) has common sense.

Judy117519350 December 29, 2015

The activities at Montara Meadows were pretty good. We ate lunch there, and the food was decent. The staff was friendly, and everything about the place was great. My mother-in-law needs to apply for what's called "Aid and Attendance," and the director, who was there, said that he knew somebody in there who would be able to help her and that it will cost $800. Well, the lady over at the other place said that it's illegal to charge anybody for them to do an Aid and Attendance application, so that turned me off, and I didn't even bother to take my mother-in-law there because of that. The room was a little bigger. It had a separation from the living room and the bedroom, and the kitchen and the bathroom. It seemed like everything had its own little room. There wasn't anything nothing fancy about it. It did have a kitchenette, a fridge, a stove top, and everything else.

Keith22 December 10, 2015

I was very impressed by Montara Meadows. I liked the activities, the layout of the place, and the restaurant. The rooms were big, and there was a single-bedroom apartment with adequate storage space. The price was right, and they take Medicaid. It had a pool, Jacuzzi, afternoon snack areas, and several nice meeting areas for people to come down and just visit. I thought the social family atmosphere was there.

Janet113661950 October 30, 2015

Montara Meadows is a wonderful community. The apartments are roomy and the property is well-taken care of. It’s an older property but they have done a really nice job of keeping it up. They recently went through a little bit of a redecoration -- they repainted and laid new flooring, which is nice. The dining hall where everybody goes is very lovely. The food is not awful, but it’s adequate; my mom said it’s OK. Sometimes I ask my mom, "What did you eat?" and she says, "I don’t know." Mom has been there four years now, and we are very satisfied.

David114299750 October 29, 2015

I made a visit at Montera Meadows. The rooms were nice. They treated me very nice. They had some nice activities on the board, and they gave me a beautiful brochure to look over. They kept in touch with me once a month. It was nice that they called me. I could go over there anytime I wanted to say hello or whatever. Their dining area was very nice. I tried some dessert, and they told me I could try the food anytime I wanted.

Pat112609450 September 29, 2015

I was very impressed with the management staff. Montara Meadows was very nice looking from the outside, and everybody appeared to be very happy and very friendly. I was very disappointed in the food; I cannot believe they were feeding that kind of food to senior citizens. I was sick for two days after I ate there. For the main meal, I had a choice between fried rice and a chili cheese dog, and I just don’t consider chili cheese dog a very nourishing meal. They gave me a menu for the next month, and everything on it -- you could tell -- was pre-prepared. It's like they just stick it in the oven or whatever. The fried rice looked like somebody had already eaten and regurgitated it. And all the lettuce and everything on the salad bar came out of a great big sack that was full of preservatives. Senior citizens need to be eating healthier than that. A hot dog with canned chili on it for what they charge a month for rent was atrocious. They had a unit that I was very interested in, but I have a real problem walking, and it was a long walk to the dining room and to my car. I did talk to one elderly couple that arrived when the assistant manager I was talking to had to leave for a couple minutes. I asked them how they liked it, and they said it was the place to live. And then I asked about the food, and they both just kind of shrugged their shoulders and said, "Well, at least we don't have to prepare it."

It's right down a very busy street in a commercial area. There were a lot of fastfood places around it. I don’t think I would want to live in that neighborhood. I would not feel safe going out and walking around at night or in the evening even. There are a lot of places within the complex that you can walk very safely, so I don’t think that people would really be drawn to walk outside the complex much, except to maybe go across the street and get a hotdog or a hamburger or something.

They had activities, but they were pretty sedentary. They take you to the doctors and shopping, and that’s about the extent of what I saw. Everything else was at the complex, and it was sitting down where people show you how to make paper flowers and stuff like that. I just felt after going there that I would deteriorate very quickly; there was no mental stimulation at all. I would rate them very highly, except for the food. But the place itself and the room, except for the distance, I would have easily given a four.

Caring109114350 June 28, 2015

It was really my aunt who chose it. There were several places that we had a tour set up -- about seven places actually -- and it was this particular one that she chose for herself. The staff is very good, and they are knowledgeable. The rooms are size-wise sufficient. The best thing about Montara Meadows is that it was more in reach financially compared to the others. They have quite a bit of activities. They have Bingo, card games, entertainment every week after dinner, and bowling on TV -- they do the bowling on TV and everything. They have a lot of card games that you can participate in and a movie night. They have three meals a day, snacks, and a little coffee shop, so there is always coffee, cookies, cakes, and everything.

Mary103056050 April 19, 2015

At Montara Meadows, everybody was fantastic. It was a really nice place, and they have very nice people; that was what I was impressed with. The apartments were small, but they were really nice. The whole place was well kept and clean. I like it. I looked at one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. They were really good. We ate lunch there, and it was very good. Everything was good. With regards to activities, they have all kinds of stuff. They have bingo, and they have a library with computers. I like the place a lot. Also, it was very well priced.

Rick31 February 26, 2015

My mother was at Montara Meadows for about a month and a half. I can't find anything wrong with that place whatsoever. It is a great facility. The staff is all phenomenal. They're very wonderful people. She had a beautiful apartment with a little kitchenette. We couldn't ask for a nicer place. They have three meals a day and a little snack bar thing too. My mom absolutely liked the food. As for activities, it's just endless. They have dancing, exercise, and everything you can think of.

Mama Joy December 20, 2014

I found Monatara Meadows online. The staff was very helpful. I was very impressed with the rooms, and for the price they were very nice. The first thing that attracted me was that my relative could afford it. The food was good. They have a lot of activities. They have cards, a walking club, games, Bingo, movies, and they have nights where people come in and do shows for them.

LV Runner December 06, 2014

Toured the place very recently trying to find a place for mom. Some have said in their reviews that it's expensive. However, considering resident's utilities are included, except telephone, food is provided three meals a day plus drinks, snacks in between meals, transportation and a bunch of daily activities, it's not bad at all. In fact, every other place I visited was $300 to $1000 or more per month. My mother is preparing to move in later this month. I think she will like it.

Caring96225250 October 19, 2014

Mom moved to Montara Meadows last September. We chose it for its activities and the services they can give. She is in a one bedroom apartment, and it is adequate for a single person. The staff are very friendly, and they make sure they walk her dog as a bonus. I have eaten there, and the food is not a five star, but I would give it a four star. The service that they have provided is fast and efficient, and the menu is good. They have a shuttle bus service that takes the residents to local shopping centers and grocery stores or to medical appointments.

Buddy4 October 17, 2014

Montara Meadows could be a little expensive, but with what they’re offering, it might be within the frame that I can handle. The one I’m looking at is a 1-bedroom with a small kitchen, a full-size refrigerator, a 2-burner stove and a little lanai. The dining room was quite large, and you order off of a menu. What I’m looking forward to is the 3rd floor. It has elevators. They have linen service once a week with cleaning, an inside spa, and an outside pool. They have activities on Friday evenings with light activity, and there is also an outside exercise area.

Joan87981250 August 10, 2014

Montara Meadows was lovely. The people were very nice; the food was marvellous; and the units were nice and satisfactory, except for the bathrooms. They were too small for me and I'm in a wheelchair. I would recommend Montara Meadows to the others.

Yvonne13 June 10, 2014

The one that we like so far is Montara Meadows. It's an extremely expensive place. It's a lot of fun in there. They play games and they have a Jacuzzi. They're very kind. It's a very caring community. They do whatever they can to take care of each other. They brought helpers who come in to help. You pay for them, but they're so sweet, they're so nice. The 1-bedroom is quite large. They're worth the price you're paying for them, and the food is very good. The dining area is big and pretty.

Gary34 May 20, 2014

Montara Meadows is in a very nice location. It's very convenient to the bus stop; it’s just right in front of the place. The facility seemed very nice. The people who I did talk to are very friendly and very helpful. I also like the idea that you can stay at their other facilities for a short time if you are on a vacation to their other facilities. The facility is very impressive, and the people were nice. The activities they have to offer were very impressive too. They play pool. They do tours and go to casinos. Their apartments were very nice. They have studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units. I was able to have lunch there, and it was very good. Their menu is very adequate.

Caring79643950 April 26, 2014

I looked at Montara Meadows, and the people who showed me around were nice. They were professional. The way it was set up just didn't appeal to me. You had to walk out of the apartment and on to the right was the property to go to the dining room and stuff. Where she's now, everything is under one roof. The dining room was OK. They had lots of activities. It wasn't probably any older than the one she moved into, but this one looked more older and more worn out.

LovelyLady7 April 02, 2014

Mom has been living at Montara Meadows for over a year. She was there before she went into the hospital and rehab. The rooms are very nice. She has a 1-bedroom apartment. She thinks the food is very good, and she enjoys the activities. It's independent living, and they have a care staff that will assist when they need it. Other than that, there's a housekeeper and coordinators for the activities.

Caring78174150 February 28, 2014

The staff was excellent at Montara Meadows. The rooms are small. I think they call it a studio. It's got kitchenette, a TV, and a refrigerator in each room. It's close to downtown. You don't have to go very far.

Tina17 November 26, 2013

We liked Montara Meadows the best. The staff was wonderful. At this time, I am waiting on my husband to tell me when we can afford to put my grandmother there.

profzee November 22, 2013

I am in Montara Meadows now and I like the location. The people I deal with are very pleasant. The food is fine. They do have wellness programs. They have facilities for individuals working out. They also have an organization that you can deal with. Through them, they can provide other services that you need.

Caring444 August 28, 2013

I seem to get more for my money at Montara Meadows. It's a very nice and comfortable place. They have an efficient staff. The food is very good. We got numerous activities and they have something going on for the people every day from morning to evening.

Jack13 July 30, 2013

I had a very nice tour at Montara Meadows, they gave me a good tour. They had been sending me follow-up invitations. They were very active and seemed confident in trying to locate me there. They were very accommodating and pleasant. They also had a lot of activities.

AnneMia July 25, 2013

DO NOT LEAVE A DEPOSIT! I was told to leave a deposit to hold an an apartment for my grandma. I left $450.00. I was later told by Gary that just because I left a deposit it didn't mean anything. I went to this location late after work to get my deposit back and no one answered the door or my calls even though I confirmed my appointment with them that morning. Beware of leaving deposits. I never signed the lease so the corporate office had to give me a refund. Be cautious and take your time. Once I had a change of heart about this signing with this place there was a change in how they treated me. Please be careful.

Kirsten3 June 25, 2013

The apartment in Montara Meadows was way too big for me. It was mind boggling.

Caring3045 June 07, 2013

Montara is a very nice place. They have very nice facilities. They have an elevator and indoor pools. The facility offers housekeeping and laundering. They also have activities for their residents like bingo every Monday. They serve three meals a day for their residents. The person who took me on a tour is also very cordial.

Caring323 September 29, 2012

I was very impressed with Montara Meadows. It meets all of my needs. It's very clean and neat facility. The bedrooms are nice, it's a little smaller than where I am now. But that's because where I am now has a full kitchen. You don't need a full kitchen there. All you need is a 2-burner stove and a refrigerator because all the meals are cooked for you. There's a big hall for eating, a big hall for playing bingo, crafts and arts, it's got a big pool, a huge sauna, and the people are so nice. I was really impressed with the people I spoke to. They're dressed in uniforms and they're clean. It's like being at your home.

Russell2 September 03, 2012

She has her own apartment in Montara. They provide the meal, housekeeping, laundry, and other services. It's slightly more expensive, a classier place country club type of atmosphere. They take the residents to and from doctors in Lincoln town cars. It has a great staff.

From Montara Meadows

Montara Meadows is located in Las Vegas, NV, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Montara Meadows for a visit...and stay!

Features of Montara Meadows

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room