The Barrington | Independent Living

901 Seminole Blvd, Largo, FL, 33770

Reviews of The Barrington | Independent Living

Caring64973150 January 28, 2014

The one thing I didn't like with The Barrington is that you have to evacuate. I don't think I want to get into another situation where we'd have to evacuate in case of a hurricane here in Florida. At least they have buses standing by. I don't think The Barrington offers as much as far as assisted living. The staff was marvelous. We went to a dinner and the food was adequate.

Caring 7905 July 25, 2013

I just went to an event at The Barrington. It was a very large facility. They had a sock hop there, which I found to be very enjoyable. It brought me back to my teenage days. They were inviting people to come and view the facility and they probably put their best foot forward in that event. Their rooms were very nice and clean. It was like you have your own apartment. However, it is too far away from my kids and they don't want me to move that far away in case I need them. Also it is way out of my price range and I could never afford that. Nevertheless, The Barrington is a very beautiful facility.

From The Barrington

The Barrington is an active senior community, complete with an activities director, special events, social clubs, a fitness center and scheduled transportation. Just because you retire doesn’t mean you have to give up on your passions. At The Barrington, we believe that it’s important for every resident to continue on with the activities they enjoy most during their retirement.

Located in sunny Largo, Florida, The Barrington is a worry-free and maintenance-free senior living community full of choices. Housing options such as studios, one and two bedroom apartments are available—providing you with easy senior living. Whether you are looking for Independent or Assisted Living, our senior community of The Barrington is the premier retirement community on the Gulf Coast.

Visit our website and facebook pages for more information and view the fun that happens in our community.

Features of The Barrington

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Shuffle Board Court, Walking trails, Arts & Crafts Room, Religious Services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Barrington