Lakewood Estates

8585 W Dakota Ave, Lakewood, CO, 80226

Reviews of Lakewood Estates

John121401550 March 19, 2016

We visited Lakewood Estates for my father. The people were friendly, and I enjoyed touring the place. The one thing that was a drawback was that they didn’t have full kitchens. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave, but there was no cooking option.The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. They did everything they could to accommodate us and to offer a good option for my father. The rooms were clean, and size-wise, they were good. The patios and location were nice.

doridee March 07, 2016

This is a nice facility. Kris is very helpful, and does a really in depth interview. I could live there if it was closer to my childrens' home.

Tim B. February 23, 2016

We visited Lakewood Estates. I really liked the place, but we didn’t like their floor plan, which felt like a hospital room and freaked out my mom. She didn’t like that. They offer activities for the residents. They would not bring meals to your room, which is not an advantage on our part. Otherwise, they were great but a lot more expensive than the other place I visited.

zondo October 23, 2015

I visited this independent living facility with my mom. We met with a lovely woman, one of the resident managers, who was upbeat and warm. It was clear that she truly cares about the community and residents. I loved seeing that. They have underground parking which was important to my mother because she is still driving. They have wonderful line up of activities for the residents as most do, but I am only giving this three stars because I felt the apartments were outdated, the exterior was in need of painting and the common areas were not as clean as I want for myself.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for writing a sincere, professional review. We appreciate your feedback, especially as it relates to cleanliness. I know that I would not want to live in a home that wasn't clean, and I definitely wouldn't want that for my mom either. I've escalated your concern to our Resident Relations department for their review. Thanks again, Katie

Jeaninne October 11, 2015

I visited Lakewood Estates. It was wonderful. The girl that took us around was very sweet and thorough. She showed us everything and told us all about it. They were very sweet and nice people. Their rooms were beautiful. The ones that were empty, they're fixing up. It was very nice. I would definitely live there if I was more independent. They have exercise class and dancing. The facility was clean, but there was a cigarette smell to the hallways. The rooms smelled great though. I like how clean and pretty it was.

Superior July 13, 2015

I was basically impressed with the staff of Lakewood Estates. The rooms were very nice. They had a swimming pool and two big garages.

Phyliss1 June 29, 2015

The staff is friendly, and the residents seem happy at Lakewood Estates. It is comfortable. They have numerous exercise classes, beanbag baseball, card games, and Wii bowling. The food is OK. It is in a residential area. There is a mall and a medical facility nearby.

Caring103837750 March 31, 2015

Lakewood Estates was very helpful, and we found it to be very nice. It is very nice, but it is just for independent living. We are interested in a continuum of care from independent to nursing care, and we wanted to find a place that offers all the services. It is very fine, and we thought it was excellent. Everything is excellent, so we gave it a high rating. The room is OK, but it did not have a kitchen facility, and we want that. They have excellent food services, but there is only room for a microwave and a coffee maker in the kitchen. It is a lovely place, but we are not ready for anything right now.

Pinkbear September 27, 2014

My mother likes living there because she enjoys the friends she has made, and it is clean in the common areas. Otherwise, I have been extremely dissatisfied with the management, and the lack of cleaning the staff does in my parents apartment. The initial saleswoman was aggressive; not caring that the facility provided an inappropriate level of care for my ailing parents. She mentioned we could hire in care for my parents, but never offered valuable information regarding the on-site caregivers located in their facility. Because both parents had recently been released from 24-hour nursing care, we had to spend thousands of dollars for assistance when the manager could have told us about the service located right on their premises. Or better yet, respected that they could not provide the care my parents needed and not convince weak and disoriented octogenarians that they would be cared for appropriately. Additionally, not 24 hours following my father's death, the "floating managers" treated my grieving family with unforgivable disrespect, rudeness, and lip service. They inappropriately and unprofessionally used of the title of "Floating Manager" as an excuse for reprehensible behavior. They made a difficult day even more distressful and robbed us of the peace we need to cope during a time when we should have been given grace sincere compassion.

Nancy83738250 May 11, 2014

What I really like about Lakewood Estates community is it's really close. I'm in a scooter, in an electric wheelchair. This is close to little shopping. I could go to Walmart, and I could go up the street with little hobby shop. It's beautiful, charming, but it was completely residential. It was pretty comfortable. They were very friendly. I thought the rooms were wonderful. I think it didn't have stove, and they just had a small refrigerator. I kind of wanted a little bit more. I don't cook very much at all, but I do want that option. They had card games and bingo. I thought their clientele were a teeny bit older. They just seemed like they were quieter, very serene, and calm. I like the area. It's really nice.

Shirley41 March 28, 2014

Lakewood Estates was a very nice facility. It was very pretty. It is near a big shopping center. It did have the same type of amenities like the other facility. The staff there was very nice. The pricing was about the same for what you get. You can get a studio apartment, a one-bedroom, or a two-bedroom. They also have a kitchen so that if their residents have their families and they want to cook for themselves, they can use that kitchen.

Timothy1 August 01, 2013

My mother-in-law is at Lakewood Estates. The place is very clean. The food is pretty good and the people are very nice and very friendly. My mother-in-law is very happy in there.

caring3827 March 21, 2013

My mother is comfortable at Lakewood Estate. She just likes the atmosphere, they have a lot to do. It's close to the church and to her hospital or home service agency. She's very happy with everything.

Caring2149 February 19, 2013

Lakewood Estates is very close. It's only about 7 miles from us, so we can get over there in a hurry. The staff is very good, they got nice room, and the food is good. It's a pretty nice place.

From Lakewood Estates

Lakewood Estates is located in Lakewood, CO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lakewood Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Lakewood Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room