Atria Hertlin Place

Reviews of Atria Hertlin Place

4.0

August 08, 2012

By Appreciative one

This is probably the best level of "Independent Living" facilities to be found. My mom was there in her final years and there was no effort spared to make the residents happy. My analogy was "a fairly new cruise ship on land". Each days "events", always listed at the main desk, included chauffered stretch limousine trips to grocery stores, movies and events of interest. Tenants were offered one day prescription pick-up and delivery, bed & linen laundry, restaurant-like dining facilities with quality menus and meal variation. Group events were held by staff in the beautiful main lobby with it's stunning masonry fireplace ambiance, and an effort was made to support needs of aging seniors. Guests of residents were treated excellently, to the point of approval of dining with the residents. I believe I was told the restaurant staff were a mix of "pros" and college level food service industry students. The building was secure, heating & air-conditioning were excellent, on-site maintenance was always available in reasonable time frames - truly a full service offering. The "campus" is very well maintained, the housing offered a mix of different studios and one bedroom furnished or unfurnished rentals with full double loaded corridor kitchens; phone, internet and cable TV readily available. The facility offered 24 hour coverage of a local resident emergency call alert system. Rental rates were in line with local deals on Long Island (NY) which may have been a bit "pricey". The only drawback I felt was that the operation was represented as totally funded by rentals, and I felt I wanted it to succeed but it would been nice to hear how they otherwise generate revenue. There were absolutely no greedy five figure fees for rental application evaluations or other disencentives which we encountered elsewhere. I am happy to encourage everyone to take a look; this is so "up-front" they offer a one month FREE trial rental of a fully furnished one bedroom unit; actual rentals are on a month to month basis. My mom eventually passed on. The Hertlin House was fully attentive to her spiraling medical problems and we were on best of terms when her rental was concluded. I wish Hertilin House the best!

Photos of Atria Hertlin Place

Features of Atria Hertlin Place

About Atria Hertlin Place

Set on 14 magnificent acres in the beautiful hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma, Atria Hertlin Place offers an independent lifestyle for today’s active older adults. Our convenient location provides easy access to the surrounding area, local beaches, and the exclusive shopping, restaurants and museums of the City. Reminiscent of a traditional country manor, Atria Hertlin Place offers a serene setting for spending your time on your terms. Enjoy a classic film in our movie theater, refresh and relax in our full-service beauty salon, or join us for an invigorating workout in our fitness center. At Atria Hertlin Place, you are free to do what you love, while our 24-hour staff handles the rest.

Map of Atria Hertlin Place