Laguna Woods Village

24351 El Toro Road, Laguna Woods, CA, 92637

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Laguna Woods Village

Lenora1 July 21, 2015

Laguna Woods is a gated community, so I feel very secure, and they also have a nice service. When I came home from the hospital, I didn't have my keys -- and they keep keys on hand just for emergencies -- and they came and opened the door for me, so that I could get into my home. Also, whenever I have a problem and I dial 911, I not only get the fire department and the ambulance service, but people from the security as well to let them into the house in case the door is locked. So the service is wonderful in that respect. And then, we also have services that take care of everything. They take care of the electrical and the plumbing, they mow the lawn, the streets are paved very frequently, and they do a nice job in trimming the trees. It is just a very well-cared for community. We have different size units. One area here is all cooperative, and that is where I live. There are four units here back to back in a square -- A, B, C, and D -- and next door to us is another group of four. They are all in groups of four in this particular area, and then we have carports that are close by. But in other areas they have apartment buildings where they have an elevator, and then they have the underground storage for their cars. Then, in another area for people that have lots of money, they have private houses with garages. So we have all different levels of housing here, depending on what you can afford. Mine has two bedrooms and one bath, but there are even smaller ones for just a single person with one bedroom and one bath, which is the smallest. And then, we have clubhouses all over. I am nearest to Clubhouse 3 and 1, and at Clubhouse 3, they have top live entertainment. We've had people coming in to give us entertainment, and it is just wonderful. You pay maybe $5 or $6, and you can go hear a concert or see a well-known person coming in, a singer, or a band. It is just a really nice facility, and we have our own golf course, which is lovely. In Clubhouse 4, we have a wood shop where men can come and build anything they want, and women too if they want, although I have never seen a woman in there. Then we have a photography club, an art department, and a sewing room, ceramics, and jewelry making -- just about anything and a lot of various things, a lot of various shops. Once a year, they put on a big fair; they would demonstrate and sell things that they have made if you want to purchase anything. I've gotten several from the ceramic shop. I used to sew in the sewing room, and we would make things like aprons, potholders, and things that people could use. Also, the quilters would sell quilts and, in the sewing room, we donated our money to charities in the area. Almost all of the clubs do that. They donate to their favorite charity, so it is really a very nice place to live. The only thing is there is no healthcare here, so you are on your own. Outside our gate though, we have a wonderful hospital, and it is one of the top 50 hospitals in the country, so if we get sick or anything, we are taken just right outside the gate, and they have taken very good care of us. I've been there several times. There is no skilled nursing or anything like that, but it is available in the area, plus I can't say too much about the climate. It is the best climate we have in the whole country, and it is just really nice to be here.

Caring85477250 December 26, 2014

I am a resident of Laguna Woods Village. It is a very nice place. It has a lot of nice senior citizens. It is excellent, and I enjoy it. I will recommend it to people who can afford to move in, who can go ahead with interview that they have, and if they meet the financial responsibilities.

caring100514150 October 18, 2014

Laguna Woods village is a guarded, gated community. It is an old building, and the rooms are more like hotel rooms. My room is a studio. Most of them are wheelchair accessible. It has 5 swimming pools. Any activity that you want to do is there. They have a sewing room, workshop, studio, and jewellery making. Everybody is nice, pleasant, and helpful. There are a lot of volunteer workers also.

Caring77171850 February 28, 2014

My mom just moved to Laguna Woods three weeks ago. It is a nice and big place. We liked it. The staff there is helpful. The facility is well-maintained and clean. It's a very big community. They have lots of activities and services. They have different sizes of rooms. The 1-bedroom that my mom has is a good size, too.

Audre1 February 01, 2014

I am currently staying at Laguna Woods Village, which is actually a little City on its own. It is close to where I am living and I have another friend who is living near in this village too. There are 12 gates into the village and I live in gate 10. It is very welcoming. The neighbors are friendly and it is a very pretty community. I have two bedrooms, two baths and everything is remodel before I move in. So, everything is brand new with all new appliances and it is very nice. I have meals on wheels 3 days a week for my breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is not bad. We can participate in multiple activities. They have day trips and all kinds of amenities.

Henry3 June 28, 2013

What I like about Laguna Woods Village is the variety of activities and the fitness facilities. The general ground is very quiet and very enjoyable. I would absolutely recommend this facility to others.

Yvonne4 June 13, 2013

We rented her a place at Laguna Woods Village for about three years. She had a little kitchen where she made her own breakfast and lunch, and came down for dinner. The inclusions were dinner every night, maid service, cable and she could use the buses that went to any of the clubhouses. They had some activities within the building as well as outside.

Jacob Brown July 08, 2012

My grandmother is living in this faculity. and when i came to visit her i realized how bad a place it actually was. you have to pay tons of money every month as well as a huge fee at the begining and also you can only have guests for 60 days out of the year if you want to have guests come more than 60 times a year then you can't stay their. they also make it really hard for your guests to come to you, you have to either give them a pass or you have to call them in which is a huge hassle. also they have really loud gardeners and leave blowers. also the sprinklers are really loud. when you come in the gate the gatekepers are really old and can barely do their job at all which makes for a lot of mistakes because they can't hear and see very well.

Michal Smith May 19, 2012

They had very bad amenities and facilities if the resident wanted to bring a friend they had to pay a huge fee . and also they only allowed you to visit for a very short time the staff were really old and did not really know anything. also it was a locked down place you had to call someone in or give them a pass if you wanted them to visit you. the only nice thing i could find about the Laguna woods retirement community is that they gave free buses for the resedints also they had golf places where the people could play golf if they wanted to. but if you wanted to do anything with a friend who was not a member of the community then you had to pay quite a bit of money . also they hired really loud and rude leave blowers that went onto your patio and blew everything about...

About Laguna Woods Village

Laguna Woods Village is an independent living community in Laguna Woods, CA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Laguna Woods Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Laguna Woods Village