Villa Valencia | Independent Living

24552 Paseo De Valencia, Laguna Hills, CA, 92653

Reviews of Villa Valencia | Independent Living

Betty118536350 January 27, 2016

I chose Villa Valencia as I was just living around that area. I would recommend this place to anyone. The staff is adequate, but they didn’t have that desire to really please you.

anonymous111563850 December 11, 2015

Villa Valencia allows pets of a certain size. The place is clean, and the staff is accommodating. Villa Valencia is a mix of independent and assisted living, and I prefer the younger, independent living people.

L500guy September 17, 2015

Awesome Awesome place! We looked all around the South Orange County area and found this terrific community! We were greeted with such warmth and hospitality that so many of the other places just seemed to lack. The staff was extremely welcoming and deeply caring! The Villa Valencia is similar to living in a beautiful resort. The best thing that we can say is that we found everyone smiling! Residents, employees, visitors seemed to all genuinely like the place. There was no hard selling, just a comfortable compassionate discussion to determine if what we needed was offered and provided. Villa Valencia ticked all our boxes!

Jack42 June 29, 2015

We didn't like Villa Valencia at all. They're very arbitrary in their policies, and they charge whatever the market will bear. The staff was terrible. They put on a big facade. They're redoing the whole building, so there's a lot of noise around it. It's just terrible. They won't listen to their clients, and they just do whatever they want to do. I would avoid it at all costs. They had a nice dining room, but 80% of the people there were in walkers or in wheelchairs, so it looked like an old age home. They had nice activities. The rooms were fairly small, and they charged an awful lot of money for them. The meals were adequate, but they served the same thing week after week and month after month except for holidays.

We have received your feedback regarding Villa Valencia. I would personally like to reassure you that Villa Valencia maintains long established Policies & Procedures. Each potential resident is fully informed as to the living costs prior to moving into our community and again at the in person face to face meeting during the signing of their Residency Agreement, which each resident acknowledges with signature. Villa Valencia renovations are under way and each potential resident is informed about our exciting plans prior to move in. We notify our residents of each upcoming project and make every effort to minimize any noise related to renovation. Our caring staff have an open door policy and are available to listen to concerns and make every effort to resolve issues to each individual’s satisfaction. Villa Valencia is a Full Service Senior Living Retirement Community that provides for Independent, Assisted and Skilled Nursing, permitting those who may require assistive devices, such as a walker to live within our community, thereby promoting independence and dignity. In regards to the size of resident rooms, each potential new resident is provided with detail floor plans, including the square footing since our community offers a variety of different size rooms. We are pleased that our Chef has been at Villa Valencia for over 25 years and has been recognized for Service Excellence. Meals are created to appeal to a variety of tastes and menus are prepared with those who are specialist in Dining Excellence. Should you wish to discuss your issues with us further, please contact me directly: Brian Rougeux, Executive Director.

Michelle103764350 March 31, 2015

I did find a place for her, and it is Villa Valencia in Laguna Hills. She moved in, and she is in transition time so of course it's difficult, but the place is doing a good job. The marketing director is fabulous. She comes out of her way to make you feel very supported and helped. She's a very understanding lady. I also like the fact that it is a larger facility, and you feel like kind of living in a hotel. There are many activities there if you choose to use them. They have transportations that take you to local places. They have a swimming pool and a skilled nursing facility if you need it. I recommend it to people who are independent and who have a zest for doing things. It is close to the mall and close to shopping. You can walk to places if you want to, and you can be as independent if you choose to be. It has a very nice open dining room, and it is very comfortable.

Caring96020550 November 01, 2014

The rooms at Villa Valencia were beautiful. The staff was fine. The population was not my client’s cup of tea. She liked the facility, but there were not enough ambulatory people.

Caring80691950 October 16, 2014

My father has been settled at Villa Valencia for about six months. All the people there are very nice. The staff are very good. From what I understand, the food is very good. Their dining room is very clean. Their services are very good too. Dad only does a few activities, but he does like it. He likes the walks that they do and the entertainment that they bring in.

Caring63675850 March 31, 2014

We were able to made visits to different facilities for our parents, and one of them is Villa Valencia. The facility looked great. The rooms were airy and well-situated. They looked very comfortable. The dining room seemed to be a nice dining room, and they seemed to have a happy hour time. The staff was very kind and nice. There was nothing wrong with the facility, it was just that it didn’t fit the needs of our parents.

Pasquale October 30, 2013

I was impressed with Villa Valencia. I had talked to a few people there and everything seemed to be fine. It's just that it was isolated and all you see was old people.

gg2 August 10, 2013

When we went to check it out, people were telling how much my friend would like living here. It's clean and the decor's very inviting. Most of the people looked and acted happy. The staff communicates good; food excellent (almost as good as cruise); many activities; especially every afternoon at 230p, there's some kind of entertainment in the lobby. A free shuttle bus is available just for sightseeing or it takes you to places you need to go like bank, medical appointments, stores, etc. You can even rent a private driven car for $9 each way. Everything's included in the rent except a phone land line. There's housekeeping once a week too. When you go to any of the 3 meals in the dining room, the staff waits on you with a smile and there's no tipping. Only positive things to say about Villa Valencia. It's the least expensive place in Orange Co and the world's best kept secret.

Caring200602 June 26, 2013

We moved by mom to Villa Valencia last April. Their rooms are nice. The restaurant and the food is good. The services and the staff are also good.

commercesd March 19, 2012

I was in the gorgeous Laguna Hills area and stopped in at Villa Valencia to check it out with my friend as a possible place for him to live.

The resort like look was really fresh. There were shaded tables in the outside areas for residents to enjoy. The building looked like a nice condo facility.

Private living areas had huge ceiling to floor windows, which afforded a great deal of light. The modern decor was still warm and friendly.

They offered a variety of levels of care and can adjust it accordingly. There were spacious gathering areas throughout, with places to sit in comfortable chairs in front of fireplaces and along the corridor.

The dining rooms were huge, and looked more like those you find in hotels. There was a more formal setting and a casual room that was nicely decorated in a home-like style. The food looked and smelled delicious. Snacks are available any time.

The media room had comfortable Lazy-Boy type chairs where seniors could relax to watch films and television. They had a comprehensive calendar with a great many activities, designed toward wellness and exercise, with exciting outings to local establishments. It would be impossible to be bored living here.

This facility was truly extraordinary. Every detail was well represented and it is clear that it was designed with the comfort and contentment of the residents. The staff was friendly and very caring, as well.

From Villa Valencia

Villa Valencia offers compassionate senior care in Laguna Hills, CA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Villa Valencia shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Laguna Hills, CA.

Happy Hour daily - 24 hour bistro -Adjacent to hospital, physician offices, shopping, banks - Step-in showers with safety bars - Individually controlled heating and air conditioning - Daily exercise programs

Features of Villa Valencia

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Putting green

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65